Coil....

I have the coil but am getting it removed, but iam over 9 days late, help...

Hun, the only real advice anyone could give u, is to do a test.. or get one done when u go to get it removed.. in fact, probably before they remove it.. u should tell them ur late..

*hugs*

is it an IUS or an IUD? IUS has hormones in and so itll mess around with your periods. i have an IUD and it changes my periods and doesnt even have any hormones in haha, i wouldnt worry, its very unlikely you will be pregnant. do a test anyway to put your mind at rest

Hi Katherine =) Are your periods usually frequant /ontime or can they be rather hit and miss so to say? Also are you quite stressed and what is the reason you are choosing to have the coil removed?

If of course you are worried as to wether you may be pregnant, as Vixen said, nothing better than taking a test.

Good luck

Xxx

A few months ago I had a coil fitted... The copper coil and my periods have all been quite late and very irregular. Your body takes a long time to adjust to the foreign body :) xxx

Does the coil lighten the period, my oh is very irregular and heavy and im trying to convince her to go on BC to sort it..

Guys i apologise for the graphic details, but its playing on my mind :(

Hmmmm unfortunatly the coil is not reccomended for women with heavy periods as it can make them much worse =(

My periods were heavy... now they are HEAVY!

Lady.Gasm.X wrote:

=( I know they say give it about 6 months to settle in but its a well known thing for heavy periods to get worse with a coil, did the doctor mention anything like that to you before hand??

Tomcatter wrote:

Does the coil lighten the period, my oh is very irregular and heavy and im trying to convince her to go on BC to sort it..

Guys i apologise for the graphic details, but its playing on my mind :(

it made mine sooooo heavy and theyd last for 2 weeks but now my periods are normal again but only last 3 or 4 days when theyve always lasted about 6/7

its not really a consitent thing about iud's though. the pill is a much better option as theyre more reliable in lightening periods. although they gave me crippling period pain when before that i'd never suffered a period pain before! theyll also make them perfectly regular as you get a period when you go on the 7 day break.

its all trial and error to see what suits her best

Thank you ladies :)

Mine are always on time, 1st of every month or around there, without fail since i was 12, no matter what contraception always been on time..... getting it out in two hours so hopefully im ok .... scared as hell thou

on been on coil a year, already been hospitalised cuz of it and now this.....

Malteser81 wrote:

Lady.Gasm.X wrote:

=( I know they say give it about 6 months to settle in but its a well known thing for heavy periods to get worse with a coil, did the doctor mention anything like that to you before hand??

She did yes but o be honest I don't mind. I just have to buy more tampons, it's a shame they don't do a higher absorbancy. Also this was the only method of contraception for me so I had no choice really! X

well guys, went to the docs today and they took it out however they refused to do a pregnancy test, even thou i have all the syptoms but i still going to do a test, a home brought one thou, stupid doctors!!!!

If you have the Mirena coil it can stop your periods completely. I've had mine just over 6 months now and I used to get a mother of a period, now (it's not stopped completely) I get a weak, feeble period that lasts about 3 days! Result!!!!

AND, AND, it's made me horny as hell!!!!

its not that i know its not, ive been regaular every form of contraception ive been on, and now all of a sudden nothing! its not that its stop my periods as i spoke to my nurse even she said it would of setted down by now seen as it been a year