"womens problems" copper coil

Soo round about april, last year I had a (supposedly) copper coil fitted. Since then every single day (without too much info) I have bled. I went back to the clinic they told me my body just needed to settle down. I went to my doctor a few months later, he said it wasnt normal but perhaps my body needed to settle.
I went back to my doctor after another few months and he put me on the pill in hope that would "re-regulate" my periods.
I went back this week after it being well over a year so there can be no argument there is something wrong. He admitted it is not right at all. (As no hormones in the copper coil it physically cannot cause the problems ive had He gave me a 10 day course of medication and said id definately stip bleeding while on it but may start again a few days after I finish. He explained I can take my 10 day course up to three times if it carries on. Afterr this ill be up to hospital for tests. I requested a scan anyway in hope it will move things further.
Has anyone else experienced anything else like this or does anybody have any advice on making sure my doctor sorts it out rather than fobs me off with "could be.... might be......lets try" xx

I had a copper coil before I had the mirena ones and I experienced such heavy painful periods I asked for it to be taken out after about a year .
I think to put up with constant bleeding for a year is not acceptable and if I were you I'd ask to have it removed.
If your body is ok with hormones you could ask for a mirena to be fitted instead .
I found this to be a much better solution and carried on with mirenas until had a hysterectomy last year.
I do agree there's nothing more annoying than doctor's saying " let's try this. ..." makes you feel a bit like an experiment !

naughtywildfun90 wrote:

Soo round about april, last year I had a (supposedly) copper coil fitted. Since then every single day (without too much info) I have bled. I went back to the clinic they told me my body just needed to settle down. I went to my doctor a few months later, he said it wasnt normal but perhaps my body needed to settle.
I went back to my doctor after another few months and he put me on the pill in hope that would "re-regulate" my periods.
I went back this week after it being well over a year so there can be no argument there is something wrong. He admitted it is not right at all. (As no hormones in the copper coil it physically cannot cause the problems ive had He gave me a 10 day course of medication and said id definately stip bleeding while on it but may start again a few days after I finish. He explained I can take my 10 day course up to three times if it carries on. Afterr this ill be up to hospital for tests. I requested a scan anyway in hope it will move things further.
Has anyone else experienced anything else like this or does anybody have any advice on making sure my doctor sorts it out rather than fobs me off with "could be.... might be......lets try" xx

Hello Naughty, I'm not sure what to add as i myself struggled terribly with the copper coil a few months back. So much so since it was inserted i was bleeding/agonny till the 8th week when i demanded they take it out. They reluctantly did after much begging from me and i went for a scan to find out i had a Bicornate uterus (hence my more than miserable experience).

You're more than within your right with this, always keep pushing. They wanted to give me the Minerva before i had my scan, have you considered that as an option? As that could help lessen the bleeding with the hormones if you can't find out anything from you're scans.

Crossing fingers for you!