Condoms.

Can you please advise I'm being unreasonable here. I'm 27 and fella is 34 and been together 2 years but living together for 15 months. We have discussed children and said next year will stop using condoms and let nature take its course.

Problem is we always start sex without condoms then he will stop to put one on. But today I asked him not too but he insisted he needed to. Told him after that from now on he has to put one on from the start as it ruins the moment to stop and it made me feel rubbish when he insisted on using it. He didn't seem happy about that and said well you've made your decision when I asked his opinion. I don't think it's my decision cuz if it was we wouldn't use them at all its actually him that wants to. I respect that but asking him to use one from the start has made me feel I'm in the wrong to ask that of him. So am I?

Have you discussed with him that it dampens the moment for you? Or have you just told him you want it this way?

I just said it would stop me feeling bad when he insists on putting one on. I probably should have spoken to him more openly when I said it I think

It's never too late x

I don't think you are in the wrong for not wanting to ruin the moment but maybe the way it was worded came out wrong? x

Ill explain to him again but properly. To be fair he might have taken it as I was reacting that way cuz I had a bag on x

I think you need to discuss it properly, out of a sexual scenario, so both of you have the option to talk openly.

Though the only thing that strikes me as odd is that youve already disccussed to start trying for a baby and said wait until next year (assuming you mean from January) so wheres the harm in just starting now and going for it without a condom?

We decided to stop the condoms in about may but that was to give us time to get some savings ready to cover the reduction in my wages when I would be on May leave. In all fairness we both have changed jobs in recent months and earn a decent wage so if it happened now we wouldn't struggle that much as we are both good at budgeting.

I agree with the guys. As always top advice too! Yes pow wow time and this time softly but get it all out there the way you really feel. It could all feel perfectly normal the timing that he's putting it on! It would kinda spoil my moment yes! Chat time x

Thank you so much everyone. I took your advice and just had a chat with him. Said my 3 reasons. First it spoils the moment second it never feels the same to me after he puts one on and thirdly it's cuz I would rather not use them so it feels cruel to stop to put one on. We decided to use them from the start until we are ready to start trying for a baby.

Feel much better now for talking things thru with him and having had some advice. Thanks again x