Confidence issues and lingerie

Hi!

So, bit of background, I’m a curvier woman, one of the things my partner loves about me. I buy lingerie and sometimes feel good in it and other times I hate how it looks. I struggle to find nice fitting lingerie as my breasts are quite small and often find the bigger sizes are better for those with bigger breasts.

Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this? I want to feel sexy for my partner but sometimes it’s difficult :unamused:

Hiya there @amberlynch_00

I struggle as my cup size is naturally huge but have a small waist and nothing fits at all for me except the bodystockings… which because of my boobs I have to wear a bra underneath and always keep one on too.

I think perhaps buy bra and pant sets that aren’t sold together so you can buy the correct sizing?

I find if I feel confident then I feel more attractive so if that means keeping my bra on then so be it. Whatever you feel great in then I’d say stick with that.

The bodystockings are great though. Try one of those maybe? The lovehoney brand are awesome and very often are on an offer or two.

Good Luck

7 Likes

I’ve got a body stocking so maybe should try wear that more and invest in some. I’ve also purchased a wet look set (the one In my avatar) which I really like. It makes me feel good so I can’t wait to show my partner. I just never really know where to start with buying lingerie

1 Like

Off the shelf one size fits all look different on everyone regardless of shape, boob size etc and we tend to stay away from the two piece and especially the cupped and padded items for that reason.

However the body stockings and similar are great and rarely look unflattering whatever the size (OH is size 20/22).

2 Likes

I’d 100% look for items sold separately so you can get specific sizes. Try different styles of bras. Balcony’s, T-shirt, wired, padded and unpadded alllll fit different. So see what fits you best, what feels the most comfortable and what you feel sexy in. Even go into a shop and try out everything in the changing rooms and go from there. Take your partner with you and see what he thinks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My main advice would be to try and remember that lingerie is no different to other clothes/things we wear, in that sometimes we just don’t like certain pieces and that’s okay. I used to think “but it’s lingerie, it should just look sexy” but then realised that I just prefer certain patterns and styles for my own body (like I do with general clothes) and that is absolutely normal. We also all have our own idea of what sexy is and what sexy means to us, and with that comes how certain pieces make us feel. I would have a think about what it is that you like about the pieces you have that you do feel good in, and then start to look for other lingerie that has some of those features. Reviews are also a good thing to have a read of - I like to search for reviews with people similar sizes to me so I can get a better feel of what it might be like on me. However, there will also be reviews from people with different sizes that will hopefully be helpful (for example in your case someone with bigger boobs saying it was too small for them may indicate it would be better for you etc).

Give different styles, colours and patterns a go too. I have some lingerie that I love in one colour but other colours just don’t work for me! For example, the Parisienne Bra Set in black is one of my all time favourite pieces, but the blush colour just does not work with my skin tone!

My other advice would be to start with not focusing on feeling sexy for your partner, feel sexy for yourself! Wear what feels good to you and what you find sexy and the rest will come. :blush:

5 Likes

I used to have exactly the same problem, and still kind of do when it comes to my body shape. I’m an athletic build, no hips, long legs, short torso and 34AA boobs where i wore and still wear age 12/13 bras with two bra extenders, I learnt that trying to find bras my size anywhere was extremely difficult and wearing one of a bigger size was giving the impression I had bigger boobs which made me even more self conscious as I new the truth.
I used to deliberately dress in a corset but leave my bra on underneath to fill out the corset cups (not comfortable), but I knew by wearing this the chances of the bloke wanting to or the hassle of undoing all the hooks then to find nothing under there was thin, I was right, but keeping that up was imposable and stressful! I mean you cant plan it every time, right!? Iv always had my fare share of interested men and the ones iv either had a proper relationship with or had a NSA relationship with, all said even though I never actually went topless with them, said they new how big my boobs were, they could tell and covering it up was pointless! I obviously didn’t believe any of them. Apart from my ‘boob’ thing which was starting to effect me lots, I was so confident and had my pick of guys!
Something had to give or change, every bloke I met from the get go I panicked and thought ‘how do I get out of not going topless’, which lead me to have sex everywhere but in a house or bed, I mean how many really want to get completely naked anywhere but there, nor did I have any sort of passion it was all a quick shag all the time! It wasn’t until a mate of mine got with this new girl, we got chatting and she used to have very low self esteem due to an ex partner beating her down all the time until someone she new introduced her to a swingers club (I no what your thinking), but it was the best decision she ever made, swallowing her insecurities, saying to herself ‘sod it I’m doing it’ didn’t think twice or she wouldn’t of gone that first time. She was a different person after that night the change in her was immense! There usually is a good 70 people booked in every night all of them practically naked with all different sorts of bodies, shapes, sizes, marks etc.
Like her friend did her to help her, she took me for the first time, I obviously did my usual (as sexy lingerie/bare minimum outfits are the dress code), wore a corset, suspenders etc but on the 4th time of going I no longer cared and for the first time EVER stripped off with only my belt and stockings left on, my heart was racing but I then realised that not one person gave a hoot or shockingly looked at me, best decision I ever made in my life, my confidence went though the roof even in my personal sex life now where I now no that nothing has changed, I still get plenty of men and they don’t run off after iv been topless in front of them. When I do dress up there’s no more bra underneath just saggy corset cups (I don’t care)., I actually have a good laugh about it and it breaks the ice a bit.
I still find it imposable to get sexy clothing that will fit my body, I wish someone would address that! It is what it is with some women like me, but having confidence and enthusiasm in the bedroom over rides any blips you have about ur self and as long as you have both those things, no man could care less and pays no attention to boob size!
Hope this has helped someone Xxx

4 Likes

Advice is hard, but my wife could have written the same post as you, size 16-19 and she struggles to fill a C cup. So we get your uniqueness.

Solution is I have just said to hell with it, and ordered lingerie in the styles and designs that are likely to be the best compromise. There is a risk, but the cost of items on this site is so affordable, who cares if you get one wrong out of several. Some of the super sexy outfits will never work, but some do.

I ordered one very comfy piece for my wife, https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/collections/saffron-kiss/p/lovehoney-plus-size-saffron-kiss-plunging-teddy/82270.html , and it is very pretty, and ideal for lounging around the home. I thought it would be just OK in the bust, but I was wrong. So she won’t be doing Face Time calls while wearing it, but I quite like the optical delights as she gets about. So even the not quite perfect is actually wonderful.

I ordered this one also, https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/collections/empress/p/lovehoney-plus-size-empress-purple-satin-and-lace-chemise-set-/82642.html and same problem with lack of breast size, but she almost fills it. It is very comfortable, and it is super sexy.

So at the end of all this, YOU are the pretty thing not the garment, you are sexy in your own way, and if your partner is anything like me, he will not care, and in fact might like those imperfect fit items.

It is all in your mind. Remember when you are putting it on in your bedroom, you are always the damned hottest supermodel in the house! :wink:

1 Like

@amberlynch_00 also a curvy 16/18 with a less than ample clevage but a bodacious bottom so I have the same issues. I found that underwire bras usually dont flatter me because they are designed for…well, boobs :joy:

》bodystockings
》teddies
》chemises
》bralettes
》high-waist knickers
》booty shorts, thongs with a wider waist band, brazilian knickers

tend to be more flattering to a “bottom-heavy” woman

:wink:

2 Likes

The best thing about women is that every size, shape, colour has a unique sexy way that others don’t. It’s what makes women so wonderful. You have yours that others don’t. Embrace it. Discover your confidence, a bigger girl that feels sexy is way hotter than a so called thin one that doesn’t n visa versa. Find your right fitting lingerie that you feel good on and you will blow anyones mind

2 Likes