Contraceptives - diaphragms and spermicide

Hey everyone I’m looking into different types of contraception and have come across diaphragms used along side spermicide I was wondering if anyone has experience with using these and what it is like and if they’d recommend it.

We used condoms and the rhythm method which separates opinion, but worked for us, by on having unprotected sex on certain days.

Condoms are the only way to protect against STIs. In a committed relationship there are many forms of contraception available.

1 Like

We are using condom and it works well for us. It is also advisable since it protects against STIs and of course unplanned pregnancies.

We have used condoms for 5 years. Only recently my OH got the snip and it will be condoms until his tests come back sterile.
Spermicides can disrupt the vaginal bacterial balance (can result in yeast infections) but a baby also kind of disrupts the vagina too so :joy:
I haven’t any experience with diaphragms only that my period cup looks like one. It’s meant to be designed so you can have sex while on your period however I haven’t tried it, I would worry the lip of it would get dislodged especially with anything relatively rough.
Anyways, condoms get our vote ultimately.

4 Likes

I’ve used a diaphragm with spermicide before. It’s pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, but it can be a bit messy with the spermicide. Some people find it interrupts the moment a bit, but it’s not too bad. It’s also important to make sure you’re using the right size and that it fits properly to be effective.

1 Like