Diaphragms... ladies advice please!

I had the implant removed about two months ago because it was giving me really bad acne and I didn't need it for contraception anymore. Before I went on the implant I was on the combined pill which worked well for me, then the POP which I hated.

I can't have a coil because my cervix won't co-operate and the skin medication that I'm on makes the combined pill ineffective.

I'm not having much sex at the moment, but if it becomes a more regular thing I would like to use another form of contraception alongside condoms as I just don't trust them enough and I'm very paranoid about getting pregnant.

So I was considering trying a diaphragm as well as condoms. They're not used very often anymore and I just wondered if anyone on here has used one and whether or not they got along with it?

A few questions... do you have to use them with spermicidal cream? Can the guy feel it during sex? Did you find it uncomfortable? How long could you keep it in for? Would you recommend it? Thanks!! x

i was concidering one too. i though as i use a mooncup i would get on with it. annoyingly i dont think GPs are that into them as when i mentioned it they wernt very helpfull.

my mum said she used to use one and yes i have hear you have to use spermicide. she said it was bit of a faff as it was bit of a "Well, are we going to have sex tonight?" something like 3 hours before and cnt just leave them in.

fo me i thought this wouldnt bee too bad as, being in a LDR i only get to see my boyfriend for 3 days a month so its pritty definate we will.

iv also heard you can use them like a moon cup but that it increses the likelyhood of infections.

sorry to not be of more hel. just passing on what iv picked up from the web/ others