Corset advice

My OH has recently commented she would mind a corset. I think it would make her feel great about herself.

As it's the first one should we try them on in mainstream shops first to get a feel for it? She is around a 34a-b so it's hard to judge I think looking at website what it would look like on her as all the models are all C or D cups by the look of them. Also the measuring system seems a little different on some.

Any tips welcome!

How confident is she?

Underbust corsets might be an option if you're struggling with boobies!

My OH's new fave is the black Sweet Streak here:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/s.cfm?term=underbust

If you take her waist and hip measurements, the corset pages should tell you what size you need for each one. If not, you can always get in touch with customer services who should be happy to help.

Lingerie sizing is a nightmare, but one of the wonderful thing about LoveHoney is the free returns - exchanging your corset for a bigger or smaller size is no problem.

I wouldn't say she was confident about her bust since she had our kids. I'd never her talk about her body apart from the usual ' my bum / thighs are big ' but recently she commented that she wished her boobs were bigger. She looks great in push up bras or something with padding in etc to give her some cleavage. I still think she's amazing and I always tell her so.

WandA - for this reason I think she'd feel very exposed and uncomfortable. I imagine with a great bust that corset would look incredible!

Any more ideas? Any one recommend good high street places we could buy? I guess we could look on here together but she may be a bit uneasy with all the dildos and vibrators on the loading page!

Ahh. It gives my OH a lot of confidence because it gives her an hourglass figure. What about mixing it with a bra maybe? Just a suggestion because corsets aren't padded so she may not be comfortable with that.

Could you not order a few different corsets from LH and send a few back? She may be more comfortable trying them on at home, or she could shop but you already have the pages preloaded for her to have a browse through without any scary pages!

I wish you luck in the epic quest that is lingerie shopping!

BigPoppa wrote:

WandA - for this reason I think she'd feel very exposed and uncomfortable. I imagine with a great bust that corset would look incredible!

Personally? Pure opposite! I feel fuller and more confident (almost flat as a pancake) in the underbust than my overbust corsets because for me, over busts just squash me down, whereas I can wear an underbust with a padded bra and it gives me a lovely curvy figure!

Adxx

mmm interesting. Never realised you could use both at the same time! My god choosing one would be hard enough let alone a corset + bra.

WandA - thats not such a bad idea you know. I might have to try and introduce the idea if we have no joy in shopping or we never get around to it ( fairly likely sadly )

BigPoppa wrote:

mmm interesting. Never realised you could use both at the same time! My god choosing one would be hard enough let alone a corset + bra.

WandA - thats not such a bad idea you know. I might have to try and introduce the idea if we have no joy in shopping or we never get around to it ( fairly likely sadly External Media )

She may already have a pretty, padded, comfortable bra that she feels sexy in?

WandA does this for me - I'm too lazy to trawl through pages and pages in the sale so he does them all and keeps open the things I'd be interested in in tabs to look at!

Adx

Hey BigPoppa,

I have been in your position myself (tho my OH is 36D), however she is too short to comfortably wear off the rack overbust corsets (5' 4'' and above recommended for overbusts depending on the cut). I found underbusts are much better. I can tell you the name of a site that has a wide variety of corsets, however I will warn you now that if you want to deal with them its an upward struggle. I had to send 20 odd emails to get everything sorted properly (43 emails total were sent between me and the company). Sodding nightmare... the best email they sent me told me: "Dave, we do not think you have been treated unfairly" (my name is not even Dave). At this point they then offered me an upgrade + £10 refund... I also got 12 free suspender straps o.O (worth £15 + £5 delivery per pack).

I have added you as a friend so we can talk on LH chat if you like. After doing days of research into Corsets I think i could start a shop. lol

check out the reiewers photos' who've brought this corset http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16658 a couple are wearing bra's with them

Well I did what WandA suggested and had multiple tabs open with various corsets that I liked the look of and thought she might. I was quite nervous showing her the website at first but she was cool with it. She still wants to have a look at some in the shops first so I'm not pressuring her and am just very happy that a) she was ok with looking at the website and b) she'll still cool with getting one.

I'm beginning to wonder if the sneeky minx might be planning to get one as my valentines gift....

Lets hope so External Media

Thanks WandA for the suggestion!

WandA wrote:

Ahh. It gives my OH a lot of confidence because it gives her an hourglass figure. What about mixing it with a bra maybe? Just a suggestion because corsets aren't padded so she may not be comfortable with that.

Could you not order a few different corsets from LH and send a few back? She may be more comfortable trying them on at home, or she could shop but you already have the pages preloaded for her to have a browse through without any scary pages!

I wish you luck in the epic quest that is lingerie shopping!

You're welcome!

I hope it all works out well for you and maybe she'll have a browse at the friendly LH site too!