Corsets and other clothing/ modesty panels

I was wondering if anyone had any tips when putting a corset on one self over clothes or with a modesty panel. I wear corsets most of the time but always have trouble dealing with putting them on when they have panels or other clothing like tops or jeans. I tend to get someone to give me a hand.

I can put corsets on quickly and easily without clothing in the way or panels but would like to put them on just as quick or quick enough when there is something getting in the way. I thought maybe some of you corset wearers might have some tips.

hmmm not sure if this makes sense but thought it'll be worth asking.

I've been wearing corsets a long time, and I tend to wear them over a thin layer of cotton or another breathable fabric because it makes long term wear more comfortable. I know it is a little harder to keep the corset in the right place on your body when lacing when you;ve hot a layer of fabric on underneath, because it keeps wanting to slip. I'm afraid the only solution I have is: practice! You can already get them on when wearing nothing underneath, so you obviously have the skills :) It takes a little more practice to do it with something underneath but you sound like you're 80% there.

As for modesty panels; if you find it awkward and are happy enough to wear the corset without one, I'd remove it. I only have them on corsets that I'm working towards fitting into correctly as when I lace then tighter there isn't much need for them.

I tend to wera my corsets all day, the ones over tops tends to be worn whe I want something over my shoulders and arms. I find both steel and plastic corsets comfortable really, and don't really need the fabric placed between me and the corset to fit it comfortably. But I will take your advice and practise more.

I kind of feel bad removing a panel. Most cosets I can wear without one and often tighten conmpletely, though on bloated days there tends to be an inche gap at most.

I have been recently wirking towards a smaller corset size due to the size up closing completely. But I have to say a modesty panel does add that 'something' to a corset.... though on the new size it's a little too much really as I'm still breaking them in.

I feel I also realy need a full length mirror? I use to have a 3m by 3m mirror but it got broken during moving last year and now have only a 30cm by 50cm one. I would like a cheap free standing long mirror really as I feel this will help.

Bear in mind that a corset should have a 2" cap at the back to be considered to fit correctly; if you can lace yours all the way, it's time to congratulate yourself and move on to the next size :)

I wear the layer between the corset and me because I'm a tightlacer, and often wear the corset overnight as well as the day. It is the difference between wearing a corset comfortably and having niggling little pains for me, but every wearer is different. I wear some very heavy duty corsets at times (double layer steel that take 6-7 inches off my waist), and would certainly be uncomfortable without that little extra layer.

A mirror can be helpful, but eventually you can lace easily by feel alone. Again, takes a lot of practice! But worth it if you're lacing up somewhere with no mirror access.