Delivery changes?

I'm just wondering if there has been a change in delivery options with the changes that Royal Mail are going through or anything like that?

I'm just trying to place an order, I've double checked that everything I have on my order is eligible for free delivery, but when I go to checkout it's not giving me any other options apart from paying £5.95 for "Interlink Express Delivery" which I've never even heard of.

Is it just me or has anyone else had this?

I'm sure I saw on another post a while back it has something to do with what you are ordering? I think the other person was ordering a whip/cane or something and due to the length it couldn't be sent via Royal Mail? X

I'm ordering a crop, so I thought that was the problem. But I checked on the listing and it says it comes with free delivery. I also spoke to live chat who told me the price was correct because the delivery options changed a couple of months ago. I told them that I was aware of the changes and I've placed several orders since then and I've never had a problem. I asked them if it was because I was ordering a crop that I had to pay for the delivery and they said that this wasn't the case and it shouldn't affect the cost of delivery, and told me to ring customer services and they'll put my delivery through for me for free, but due to how busy I am today I can't call them until after hours, which won't be any good. It's took me all day to find time to make up my basket with every couple of spare moments I have. I think I'll just have to call on Saturday because the information is all so conflicting.

I placed an order for the riding crop and spanking paddle last night and it gave me the £5.95 for "Interlink Express Delivery" option only,no other delivery options,but as it did clearly state add to basket for free delivery,after keep going back and fro with it and it still flagging up that delivery option only, i waited and contacted customer service this morning before going ahead with the order,they were really helpful sorted it for me, i had to pay the delivery charge but they refunded it straight away :) i think its the riding crop :) that does it

I had this problem with a crop like yourself. I contacted customer services and they reimbursed me the cost of delivery. As always great customer service.

Ahh that must be the problem, did you have to call them? I might just send them an email and see if I can get it put through. Thanks girls! I'm ordering the crop and spanking paddle too!! Great minds think alike!

MrsMcX wrote:

Ahh that must be the problem, did you have to call them? I might just send them an email and see if I can get it put through. Thanks girls! I'm ordering the crop and spanking paddle too!! Great minds think alike!

I emailed and within the hour they had got back to me.

Fab! Thank you, I think I've missed the cut off for delivery for today, so I'm going to bump up my basket and get the free next day delivery. I know that's silly, because I'll probably be paying more but it just seems so worth it haha!!

MrsMcX wrote:

i used chat because i was eager to get my order placed lol sending an email will be fine sweet x

I ordered a crop at 2am this morning, noticed the £5 something delivery charge when I was sure I had clicked the free option as always...emailed them straight away and by 7:30am I'd been refunded the delivery costs :)

The chat is usually brilliant for me, but I felt like I knew more about the delivery options than the person I was talking to today. I'll send them an email, thanks again :)

MrsMcX wrote:

Fab! Thank you, I think I've missed the cut off for delivery for today, so I'm going to bump up my basket and get the free next day delivery. I know that's silly, because I'll probably be paying more but it just seems so worth it haha!!

Lol don't blame ya :)

I bought a riding crop a couple of weeks ago and this happened. I spoke to customer service on live chat though and they refunded me the delivery charge :) x

I emailed them, the only way I can do it is by telephoning apparently. Don't exactly want to read out my shopping list around the ears of little ones! Hehe! I have a money off deal too from doing a survey that I think won't be able to be used over the phone. I think I'm just going to have to stop being a little winge bag and pay the delivery! Haha!

MrsMcX wrote:

I emailed them, the only way I can do it is by telephoning apparently. Don't exactly want to read out my shopping list around the ears of little ones! Hehe! I have a money off deal too from doing a survey that I think won't be able to be used over the phone. I think I'm just going to have to stop being a little winge bag and pay the delivery! Haha!

Who told you that? :S I emailed using the "contact about this order" link and just said it was a mistake, Ib wanted the free delivery but seem to have been charged, and got my money back straight away :) I can totally understand the lil ones dilemma!

Live Chat, and the "contact us about this order" form, I was thinking I was going to have to wait ages for a response but they emailed back within 20 minutes! Impressive! But year, you definitely have to telephone by the sounds of it, they might have changed the policy or something. Never mind, I'm saving a bomb thanks to the offers on anyway :)

I thought I would update this as I've noticed others have had this problem. You can telephone and place your order and not be charged for delivery, but I've emailed and asked if you can go through the checkout process and pay for delivery, and then have it refunded, and I've been told that this is okay too :)

I had an issue with this a few months ago.

Curtain items are too big for Royal Mail to deliver, so Interlink Express are used.

My understanding is that the website automatically applies the additional delivery charge.

As items are advertised as free delivery you should get the delivery costs back if you contact customer services.

They did indicate that the time that they were trying to resolve the issue, but it would seem it has not happened yet.

I will also say that my experience with Interlink Express was excellent.

I hope this helps

HH

Thanks HH, I've heard really good things about them too! It did put me off ordering larger items, but now it's been cleared up and I know it can be refunded with a quick email it's fine now. I was just going to pay the postage anyway, because I didn't want to telephone, but I'm glad it can be refunded :)

I had this problem when I ordered my crop but I did get a refund straight away :-):-)