Dildo quality

Hi everyone

we own a 12' jelly dido. It's kept in our lovehoney toy box. I clean it after its used but recently it's gone from a clear transparent colour, to a pale washed out colour. It also has a funny taste and doesn't look very appealing.

Has this happened to anybody else?

This is something that is going to happen with jelly. It's not a material that's going to last, since it is porus, it's never fully clean - Bacteria ect can go inside the pours of the toy, so you're only really cleaning the surface of it.

The chemical compound that is used to make jelly dildos, will eventually break down (The smell and the colour change)

If you're looking for a material that's going to last I'd recommend using 100% silicone, as no matter how much you clean a jelly dildo, or how well you store it, eventually it will need to be replaced.

Jelly is full of chemicals and is a porous material i.e. is super absorbent and full of pores. It is not body safe and collects bacteria like amagnet. All Jelly's will eventually turn this colour.

I have written a post on materials to avoid and what are good;

http://naughty-corner.com/2014/12/sex-toys-suited/

Sounds like you need to go buy yourselves a new dildo, that one is not going to do you any favours if you insert it. You can only ever clean the surface of a jelly dildo, so it's not your fault this happened but it was inevitable given how porous jelly is.

Another vote for go for a silicone dildo next time, or if you want to mix things up glass or metal are lovely safe choices too :)

Oh don't worry, the rabbit and also the glass dildo just get extra use. Just wondering if it was a fault on that particular toy or a common fault.

Thanks all