Disability fun

Yes mate indeed, same as what my OH says. It’s funny how I’ll over think so much and she’ll just ‘adjust’ to things without thinking about it at all.

2 Likes

@VR @SexInTheCity Is it this one? (discontinued)

4 Likes

Oooh it was very similar but mine isn’t vibrating, so just the strap!

2 Likes

I actually saw a woman the other day walking her Alsatian with something very similar supporting it in the same way.

1 Like

Thats certainly how I visioned the description… for me and OH a non vibrating version would be awesome!

1 Like

That’s the one, Brenna. It’s a must for us (especially me) for doggy these days.

ETA: Oops! Didn’t notice the vibrating bit. Ours is just a strap.

2 Likes

A bit late to the party, but I thought I’d add myself to the forum disability gang :blush: - another ME/CFS sufferer :person_raising_hand: doing okay now and managing about half the life I managed before, so enough to feel there is a point to life again.

I keep telling myself I need to add my CFS views to product reviews, but I always worry they’ll become crazy long - maybe I should just bite the bullet!

And weirdly glad to see I’m not the only one that struggles standing still in a queue - it’s one people can’t seem to wrap their heads round, how exhausting and painful it is to stand in one place! Walking for 30mins, not a problem, but stand still for 5 mins and I’m on the floor :see_no_evil: thank goodness for grocery deliveries!

3 Likes

Hi @anon51452571! I think it’s a great idea to add the CFS views to your product reviews, as a CFS/post viral syndrome sufferer (got a lot better recently and at about the same stage as you with recovery, it’s taken about 15 years and I’ve stopped making improvements now but happy with what I can do so I’m not stressing about it). I’m going to think about adding this to my reviews when relevant too. There seems to be quite a few of us on here who would benefit from this information.

Totally the same! Seems strange to most of my friends but it seems common in people with CFS

3 Likes

A product that really stuck me recently in terms of helping with a fatigue issue was this thrusting rabbit

I find that repetitive movement is really exhausting due to the fatigue, (swapping positions is helpful for sex, but solo play not so easy) and sometimes just can’t keep the right motion going without getting cramps and pain in my arms or hands.

I’m not usually a big one for rabbits as they’re so dependent on personal anatomy, but the thrusting motion on this is great. And with a bit of good cushion positioning can essentially be hands free.

Definitely a winner for me and has made me wonder about getting more thrusting items.

2 Likes

That’s an excellent idea and something that would help a lot of people to know, I certainly never thought about it

1 Like

I bought the Handi book of love, lust and disability this week, and am looking forward to giving it a read when it arrives next week. I’m curious to see what new perspectives and insights I’ll gain, it looks interesting!

2 Likes

@Cassii first time I have seen that book - looks great.
Bit pricey, but the reviews are good. Hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

That looks very interesting, not seen it before either.
I also liked seeing “All proceeds from the book will help Handi fund disability-driven design and innovation”

Be good to hear your thoughts after you’ve had some reading time @Cassii

1 Like

Hi @Cassii,

Just wondering how you found the book? Much gained in terms of new perspectives and insights?
Very tempted to just bite the bullet and buy a copy based on the reviews I must admit, but thought I’d see how you found it first.

I have to admit I’ve not properly read it yet!! I had a browse through and read bits and pieces and found it interesting, and some of the artwork is very cool. But then things got crazy busy at work and I’ve not picked it up again since :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I was just thinking about how useful this would be. I’m assuming it’s not being implemented yet.

I’m wondering whether a “disability friendly purchases” thread on the forum might be useful?

One that collects together all the items people find useful to help out with various physical limitations?

Perhaps each post would show a pic from the website and link to item and say why it was helpful?

What do you all think?

5 Likes

@Cassii sounds like a good idea, I would certainly find it useful. For me the so called furniture such as wedges would help to support me.

2 Likes

I think its a good idea too. Often with toys the personal feedback in the reviews is so useful if your trying to find out whether something will work for you. Having some go to resource would be a big help.

2 Likes

I’ve created a thread over here:

Disability friendly purchases

Do add in all your winning products and let’s build a big pile of awesome disability recommendations :grin:

4 Likes

Hi guys,

It’s very interesting to read all of your experiences and the strategies you’ve used to mitigate any negative impacts on your sex lives. I’m potentially going to be having sex with someone with type 3 EDS soon, so any advice would be appreciated! Obviously her condition means she’s prone to frequent dislocations and can’t weight bear for too long on her feet, so I’m trying to get creative with how I go about things (although obviously I’ll make sure we use tonnes of communication so that I can use her past experiences to inform me). Definitely feel like there’s some parallels with CFS and fibro in terms of the pain and fatigue, so any further anecdotes might prove handy. I know there’s a thin line between pain and pleasure, but I’d rather more of the latter occurred :sweat_smile: