Discontinued!! :(

i have just seen that this beautiful glass dildo that i have been lusting after and saving for for aaaages has been discontinued and i am so disappointed!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21346

this has happened before to me although not to something that i've wanted as much as this. isn't there a way lovehoney can email people who have an item on their wishlist when it's about to be discontinued so they can decide whether to buy it or not?! it seems a bit unfair that one minute it's there and then the next it's gone forever :(

does anyone know where i can get one of these glass dildos?

I know the glassvibration dildo I have was also discontinued. I am wondering if there was some problem with the supplier?

Sounds like it would be a good idea to get an email. From Lovehoney's point of view, it'd encourage people to spend money if they know something they want is going to be unavailable soon.

I agree with the idea.

I think the problem with the glassvibrations was that it went out of stock and then they did not manage to get another suply. I have been watching the Devils tongue and it went out of stock in December and then was out of stock for months, sometimes with even expected dates of new supply, until suddenly discontinued. So it may not always work in all cases. If it is discontinued because LH cannot get a new supply.

rather than scanning everyone's wish lists, maybe a solution could be something like the back in stock notifications? a tick box on the page asking for an e-mail to be sent when an item is in short supply or going to be discontinued or whatever makes sense to the LH folk who understand how it all works.

just a thought.

Happens to me too, would be good if there was a way to forewarn people of this, or give forum members a week or two after it comes off the site to purchase any items last min

Try putting glassvibrations.com in you browser; it's a German company that ships to the UK.

katmiaow wrote:

i have just seen that this beautiful glass dildo that i have been lusting after and saving for for aaaages has been discontinued and i am so disappointed!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21346

this has happened before to me although not to something that i've wanted as much as this. isn't there a way lovehoney can email people who have an item on their wishlist when it's about to be discontinued so they can decide whether to buy it or not?! it seems a bit unfair that one minute it's there and then the next it's gone forever :(

does anyone know where i can get one of these glass dildos?

Sorry but we have only just been informed that the company who manufactures this product has no more stock. Hence we made the decision to discontinue it. It's not something we had warning on.

I'm sorry but it's unlikely that we will have technology anytime soon that will be able to identify discontinued products in a wish list... there is just too much change on a daily basis with things coming and going from suppliers. We are managing over 10,000 sku's so do not always have warning on discontinued lines. Also often an item will be discontinued after it has run out of stock already and we can not source any more stock. from the suppliers. Sorry about this. You may be able to see if you can find one in Europe as it was a european manufacturer.

I've just checked, Bonny. They are out of stock.

Just google glass dildos, there are loads of sites/manufacturers. You just have to decide which are the most reputable companies, like LH.