Discovering BDSM

Ok, so I guess I've always been into rough sex and dominant/submissive tendancies, but I've not really ever done much bondage/BDSM activities, and now I want to engage in this more, as well as other things that I want to do.

My FWB who I was gonna do this with is a ball bag and I really cba to deal with his s*** anymore.

So, as a single woman, who doesn't want a relationship really, but want's to explore this side of her sexuality, what might you recommend?

I'm not keen on casual sex with strangers, I won't do it, I guess I kind of want to find a different FWB but it's tough cause I also don't wanna freak out my friends :P I also only want to start with a dabble, I'm not sure I want to dive right in to become a submissive in training with a dom and everything...

I feel a bit stupid posting this cause I'm not sure there's any other options. I thought some of you might know more about it and help someone who's very interested but a bit lost :(

Do you have a story on how you began exploring BDSM? I'd like to know.

Maybe set up a profile on Fetlife? It's not a dating website or anything like that, just a place where likeminded people can be friends and chat about all things bondage and BDSM. You can also see what people have similar interests in your area, so that might be a good way to start.

MrsMcX wrote:

Maybe set up a profile on Fetlife? It's not a dating website or anything like that, just a place where likeminded people can be friends and chat about all things bondage and BDSM. You can also see what people have similar interests in your area, so that might be a good way to start.

Ahhh thank you! :)

No problem :) It's pretty much just like a kinky facebook haha!

MrsMcX wrote:

+1 I think this would be a great place to start to chat with like minded people. Good luck :) xx

Ooh I may join there too

Joined, and I'm pleased cause I found a group that meets which I'm going to go to. Will be helpful to me I think to meet some people in the lifestyle and have real conversations with them.

Fetlife is awesome. I've met a lot of really nice people on there. I've recently come off because there are a lot of fakes and pervs that creep me out and I've also got a relationship away from there. I've been on it for 5 years on and off and it gets better and better. Just be open minded as you will see things you never thought possible if you look around enough.

I know I've always like handing over control. I joined on there then dropped the hint to my on/off partner. I showed him some pics of me at a fetish event and he questioned why I never showed interest when we were together, so I spoke to him about it and got back together and he's learning little bits but it's more power and control in the bedroom than using hitty things :)