DO ANYBODY TAKE NOTICE OF OTHER REVIEWS ON PRODUCTS

I'm obsessed with the reviews. Products with hundreds of reviews I'll usually end up reading them all. I like reading the negative ones as well. If I buy a product with no reviews I'll write a review on it (or at least plan to haha). They definatly give me confidence to buy if it has lots of positive reviews.

I always read the reviews, I find them helpful to gauge how quiet it is etc... After all I can't have a vibrator thats noisey when I live with other people!

Although I agree sometimes its a case of just because some one didn't find the product good for them doesn't mean I won't like it.

If I like the look of something, I read the reviews on it first to check that it lives up to the description. If im torn between a few things I will often go for something with a better rating. I write reviews on most things in buy too. It is important to share with others when something notably good or bad and its handy to refer to when i'm using what I have bought as you can see if it lives up to the standards that others have set rather than soley relying on the manufacturer.

It depends how complicated the item is, and how much information is missing from the product description.

If it's a fairly simple product, and I've bought from the manufacturer before, then generally I know what to expect, so I'll only glance at the reviews.

If it's a toy which vibrates, and I'm unfamiliar with the manufacturer, then I'll probably read all the reviews quite thoroughly, so I know I'm making an informed decision.

Even though the returns policy here is second to none, I'd feel irresponsible if I just made a purchase without investing too much thought first.

Definitely...!! Always read them.

The number of reviews also influences me - lots of positive reviews usually means its actually good. Just 1 glowing review could be a fluke...

I would much rather buy right, first time, then buy & return.

Whenever a toy piques my interest the first step I take is to search for reviews on a number of blogs and sites I follow. I'll also definately try and find a couple of video reviews, because they can show you the scale and functions of the toy a lot better that a product picture.

Generally if i'm going to buy something online I will check out what has been said about it previously. I think being so into sex toy reviews has extended my general intrest into reviews for other products. For instance, when I was buying a camera in november I read as many reviews and watched as many videos as I could. I always feel like I want to get the best for my money, and reviews help you know what the best is.

allways it's like having a 3rd idea you the wife and the ohter one lol

Of course! I always read reviews.

Product descriptions are designed in order to maximise sales, so they highlight and often exaggerate the good points and leave out any negative ones. The user reviews give us some insight into real people's experiences with the products who are (hopefully) not restricted by ulterior motives so can be honest in their criticism and can provide us with important information regardless of whether or not that discourages us from purchasing the product.

I love to have a good read through reviews befor I buy and they have sometimes changed my mind on purchasing items.

I do if I am interested in the product description, the reviews help me decide whether or not the product would suit me. Even negative reviews are useful, because if someone finds something not to their taste, it could still be to mine. However, if I'm looking at something that I'm really looking forward to ordering, I might not read reviews so I can get a really big surprise in the post. It helps me write my reviews well too, so I can agree with others/disagree with certain points that other people point out.

I'll always read the reviews, just to make sure what I'm buying is what I want and it does what it says.

If there are alot of reviews, I'll read a few of them (usually most recent ones), to get an opinion, but one negative review wouldn't put me off a product if it had ten positives.

I'll also review everything I purchase to help inform others, I hate looking at a product with no reviews, or very old ones.

i aways look at reviews before i buy if t has none im less likely to buy it

Must have news, reviews to help me choose!

Yes, everything we buy, we check the previous reviews to see if they are suitable, and likewise we hope people read ours to help make their own decision of a purchase.

rach74 wrote:

i always read the reviews, especially on underwear as this can be so varying on the sizes and the material, so find this helpful when choosing item

I completely agree, espeicailly on underwear as you said rach.

yes totally!!! but some reviews that others write can be OTT, if one toy was not good for one person, but another person could of found it very good!!!

Same again, try and not write reviews too quickly before using the toy more!! some toys grow on you!

Definatly read the reviews. Wouldn't let a single bad review put us off but would think twice if there were lots.

Yes - We always read the reviews, they're especially good to hear if people complain about poor quality materials or maufacture. They can also help you get a better idea of size/strength of vibrations and if it's what you want.

However, I do take your point that sometimes it is worth taking certain reviews with a pinch of salt, somethings may work for one person but not for another. If I really like the look of a toy and the reviewers think the quality was good but didn't do it for them - I would take the risk.

Lucy.

Always read the reviews. Ultimately I'll make up my own mind obviously but with some items there's things im looking out for.
Vibrators, how loud is it? Lube, how bad do the non favoured ones really taste?
Its all important stuff lol :)

I love the reviews, get a little obsessed with reading them all. Also found alot of the worries i have about a product somebody else has had them too. For examble when buying ben wa balls i had the worry of "what if i can't get them out" however after reading the reviews they hugely put my mind at rest.

I do like the videos better though. Bought my first butt plug yesterday (fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow) and found the video extremely helpful. Gives you a much better idea of the size of an item as the pictures can occationally be decieving. In my opinion the picture seemed to show the product as been slightly smaller than the video, which may of made me go for a bigger one, which could of ended up not been suitable.