Banned from buying anything else 'til my reviews are done!

I'm aiming to review every single item I get, but I've ended up with a huge backlog of reviews to do because I keep buying lovely new things! So I'm now on a self-imposed ban until I've reviewed everything I've already bought.

Curious to know, do you generally review absolutely everything? If so, do you review things as you get them or do you generally take a while to write it up? If not, how do you decide which items to review?

Usually, I try to review everything I buy or receive for free with special offers. I have a couple of unreviewed things, like the assorted LH lube satchels, simply because I haven't found the time to use any of them and the packet is still sealed, or the batteries (how do I even review batteries?) but generally I tend to write reviews for everything I buy. What's left behind is usually stuff I that has tons of reviews and many of them express my opinions down to every comma, like the LH stockings or the flirty knickers.

On the other hand I'm terribly picky when it comes to tester items. Like, I break them down to the tinies details. 

I have reviewed everything I have as far as I know except one tester I just received. I like to review each thing I buy :) xx

I went through a phase of reviewing everything, and even have a wishlist entitled "to review" but I soon got in a position where the number of things outstanding exceeded the hours in a day.
Now I've made the 100 review mark, I only review testers and things i feel passionately about, be it good or bad.
If i ever fall from grace as a tester, at least I have a bucket load of things to bring myself back up to scratch.

Nope. I review very little of what I buy, too little really. To be honest the only products I'm good at writing a timely review for are testers!

Part of the problem for me is that most of the products I buy I buy when they are being discontinued. The ones that are't being discontinued generally have dozens if not hundreds of reviews already. I kind of feel like there is no point in me writing a review for a product in either of those scenarios because really...who is going to care. Why would anyone read one of my big ass reviews (which takes me days to write) when there's hundreds more short ones all saying yeah, go for it. What's the chances that anyone will find the product page of the discontinued product and give me review any thought. I also don't tend to write reviews for products I have bought and have nothing positive to say about them as I don't want to unfairly put people off just because I hated it, this is extra true when it's a product that has positive reviews in general. Though sometimes I decide to just go for it anyway and write that negative review, just in case it saves someone else the hassle of buying it and hating it.

When I get a product and really like it I write a review for it, especially if it's fairly new to the site or just doesn't have many reviews for whatever reason. I've been trying to write shorter reviews for more products I've bought even if they have a ton of reviews already, just because I'm trying to get over the whole 'my review won't matter' mentality. But it's kinda hard not to think that no one needs my review so it's pointless to write it, if that makes sense.

TLDR I'm a bit stupid about my reviews but am trying to write more anyway :D

I don't have the time to review everything I've bought, it's just not managable. I have so many toys, that it'd take me months to get those reviews done, that doesn't even count the number of toys I need to test and review for my blog that get sent regulary.

So now I mostly review tester items that I've been sent, if I have an item that I loved that LH stock then I'll review it, or if it was awful otherwise I just don't have the time to currently do it.

I'll make a point to review everything good or bad, but usually find the stuff thats mediocre gets put to the back of the queue. Usually I need to give it more time for the item to inspire m to write something worthwhile about it

The good stuff or bad stuff gets immediate reviews - as im literally writing the review in my head as I'm using it!

I think I need this ban too! I have around 11 of my own items and 1 tester item to review, I used to do them every day so I didn't get behind but I've had a lot of personal stuff going on lately. No more buying for me!

And yeah, I do review everything I buy normally :) x

I review EVERYTHING I own.
As soon as I buy it. I make a word document with the toys name. And then once tested I write up... if that makes sense.x

Nope. A lot of the stuff I've bought from Lovehoney is now discontinued so I don't really see the point, plus if I've already reviewed it on my blog (likely) I need to shorten and change it which is a hassle. On here I generally just review testers and things I either really love or really hate!

I try to review everything i get off here things i buy might take longer before i review them because they're not time critical. the only things i haven't reviewed are what i've won (different colour to what's available) some discontinued stuff, stuff i got elsewhere

I review everything I purchase and receive as a tester. I enjoy writing reviews just as much as I enjoy reading them. I think that I have tried an item therefore I have an opinion on it, good or bad which could be useful to someone else.

I used to review everything, but between school and work, I got bit behind. Now since I am out of school and I need to justify a new laptop I got about 2 months ago, I may get back into writing some reviews.

Two are now waiting for editing before I publish them.

I enjoy writing reviews but lately I have been seriously busy and under a great deal of stress which means I am definitely a bit behind.

When I get lucky enough to be picked as a tester, however, I always write my reviews very promptly, it would hardly feel right not to do it within a day or two.

I don't think I am going to impose any ban on my purchases, though,

Laveila: You were asking about the faculty, it's the one that (in Czech) starts with an "E". (I am getting too paranoid to actually write the proper name anywhere on the website... I am turning into an idiot, I know...)

I havent reviewed anything I've bought for ages and my husband secretly buys things on his own account which I've not got round to doing either. I guess I make testers a priority and take time on writing them out instead.

I really should since I have a blog but I got so swamped with life stuff I kinda let everything slip on there, sad really.

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Part of the problem for me is that most of the products I buy I buy when they are being discontinued.

Speaking of which, does anyone know why items often appear on the tester list when they're being discontinued? I've seen some gorgeous lingerie on the tester list before but it said it was going to be discontinued (and it still said that even once 5 star reviews have been submitted. Anyone know why?

I've done quite a lot of reviewing over the past few days as I have a few things to return and won't return anything until I've written it up. Now I feel a bit guilty because my last 4 reviews have been negative. Need to go dig out one of my favourites to review to cheer up my list!

Never know wrote:

I review everything I purchase and receive as a tester. I enjoy writing reviews just as much as I enjoy reading them. I think that I have tried an item therefore I have an opinion on it, good or bad which could be useful to someone else.

I enjoy writing them too and I find that the process of trying to write a good coherent review for my purchases has helped me to define what I like and don't like about toys etc so I've become better at choosing things for myself because I know what to look for.