Do dogs know?

My dog is getting neutered tomorrow and for the last few days he's been sulking and a little moody and keeps giving me that sad eye look. Do you think he knows? Or am I ust being silly?

I think they know, they can feel a lot different than we do with vibes and feelings :)

I think you`re probably seeing your guilt in his face! Just remember that in the long run you are doing it for the best,he will be at lesser risk of prostate cancer etc and won`t be tempted to roam/escape if there`s a bitch in heat in the area.My dog has recently been diagnosed with diabetes,and has to be injected with insulin twice a day,he hates the vets and it`s impossible to make them understand it`s for his own good! Fortunately,he doesn`t seem to mind us injecting him.

I had my cat nutured. He was so mardy for days, and kept hiding in high places even on the high kitchen units. As soon as we got his box out to take him to the vets thats it he was nowhere in sight. He played up at the vets too. I definatley think they know somthings not right

X

The poor bugger! 😕

He might have picked up on a change of energy towards him.
I'll be thinking of you, good luck for today

He's at the vets right now, I know everything will be fine but I'm just worried which I'm sure is natural

Of course you're worried and you should be - you wouldnt think much of him if you weren't !!

I used to be a vet nurse and I've lost count of the number of times I've helped with castration ops. He'll be right as rain in a few days and you've saved him lots of potentially nasty and life threatening complications later in his lfe. Just wish all pet owners were so responsible xx

My dog was fine and when I take him to the vets he runs up the stairs and sits down and waits for the door to open to go in

Well the vets just rang and they said the operation was fine and he's sleeping at the moment so I can go pick him up at 3pm :)

Very good news!

I'm not a dog owner (but will be shortly), but have watched and read a lot about pets and especially dogs. It is amazing how intune they are to humans and can pick up on things very well.

My aunt used to have a parrot which imitated things she and my late uncle said. As soon as my uncle passed away the parrot stopped saying anything associated with my uncle (literally overnight) and re-learned the phrase 'good morning' and 'good night' in my aunt's voice.

Just Jenson wrote:

Very good news!

I'm not a dog owner (but will be shortly), but have watched and read a lot about pets and especially dogs. It is amazing how intune they are to humans and can pick up on things very well.

My aunt used to have a parrot which imitated things she and my late uncle said. As soon as my uncle passed away the parrot stopped saying anything associated with my uncle (literally overnight) and re-learned the phrase 'good morning' and 'good night' in my aunt's voice.

What kind of dog are you after? And yeah, it's interesting how dogs are like that with people they're close to or their 'pack' as I call it lol. I was once upset for a few days over something an ex had said to me and my dog laid by me all the time and cried and kept trying to lick my face to cheer me up lol

Did the parrot become sad when your uncle passed away?

Kittycat102 wrote:

Just Jenson wrote:

Very good news!

What kind of dog are you after? And yeah, it's interesting how dogs are like that with people they're close to or their 'pack' as I call it lol. I was once upset for a few days over something an ex had said to me and my dog laid by me all the time and cried and kept trying to lick my face to cheer me up lol

It sounds daft, but my rats are very similar. If I'm feeling down/upset, they're so much more cuddly and come over and lie with me and give me kisses :-) They're like miniature dogs! One of our dogs is also terrible when you're ill, she literally will not leave your side. Somehow I don't think she understands that ancient dog breath (she's 14) and slobber is definitely not going to make you feel any better! Haha

Kittycat102 wrote:

Well the vets just rang and they said the operation was fine and he's sleeping at the moment so I can go pick him up at 3pm :)

That's great news!

Kittycat102 wrote:

Just Jenson wrote:

Very good news!

Havent given it too much thought as to what type of dog, apart from one that will enjoy walks in the park and will be known to be patient with young children. At the end of the day, when you go to a shelter and see them all there, you cant help but fall in love for whichever ones are there. So in a way the dog chooses you!

Yes, the parrot was clearly sad as he went quiet for some time and then was only playful with my Aunt for a long while after. It came to a point where he would walk behind her all day long and follow her everywhere she went in her flat.

He eventually cheered up as my Aunt did, but he would never sit on anyones lap again, except my Aunt of course.

Im glad you are going to a shelter jenson, animals deserve a second chance. I have 2 rescue cats, and they are the best