Do You Say 'I Love You' During Sex?

Interesting thread to read.. If I'm in the middle of love making sometimes I've said it yes, but I think I've had it said to me more than I've said it, as I get too caught up in the moment.

Rougher kinds of sex or during sub/Dom play there isn't really a place for it.. unless it's afterwards. I guess I'm a very affectionate person

Wildcherry wrote:

Interesting thread to read.. If I'm in the middle of love making sometimes I've said it yes, but I think I've had it said to me more than I've said it as I get to caught up in the moment.

Rougher kinds of sex or during sub/Dom play there isn't really a place for it.. unless it's afterwards when you lie together

I agree with that and its like us when we do roleplays ,so like yourselves when we are lying together cuddled after the roleplay thats when we say it ,which in our case often leads to lovemaking proper if its not part of the roleplay.

We haven't stop saying I love you and we do say it when we're having sex just sometimes there not the chance when doing some sexual acts on each other.

I can never say anything coherent during sex but I say 'I love you' to my wife a lot - several times a day which may sound excessive but we work together so there is lots of time and plenty of opportunity.

I think it's important even though, having been together for over 40 years, one could just assume it could be taken as read. I wouldn't want either of us to feel taken for granted or unimportant or that one of us could start to feel we were together only because we didn't have the energy to do anything else.

Communication, as is proven so often by some of the threads on LH, is the key to a happy relationship and 'I love you' would seem to be the single most important message.

Gyrator53 wrote:

I can never say anything coherent during sex but I say 'I love you' to my wife a lot - several times a day which may sound excessive but we work together so there is lots of time and plenty of opportunity.

I think it's important even though, having been together for over 40 years, one could just assume it could be taken as read. I wouldn't want either of us to feel taken for granted or unimportant or that one of us could start to feel we were together only because we didn't have the energy to do anything else.

Communication, as is proven so often by some of the threads on LH, is the key to a happy relationship and 'I love you' would seem to be the single most important message.

Couln't agree more . We never stop saying it.

Don't really tend to say it during sexual activity, but we'll say it at other points in the day when were generally showing each other affection. Yes it's important to remind those you care about that you love them...not just Significant others, but children, siblings, parents, and others close to you too 💝💜💗💚

Not during but my husband always kisses the top of my head and whispers 'I love you' afterwards while we're cuddling.........

FunTimeFancy wrote:

Not during but my husband always kisses the top of my head and whispers 'I love you' afterwards while we're cuddling.........

Now thats sweet !

Always 💏 💘

Generally just afterwards, as the cuddling starts!

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

I said it once, whilst orally pleasing him. He laughed at me and couldn't understand why I would say it at that moment. I haven't said it during sex since but I personally think it's a nice thing to say during the moment.

That's horrible! Hope he didn't get any more oral for a while!

He's said it to me a couple of times during really sensual looky after my cause i've been upset or something type sex, otherwise I get told I'm his good girl. The I love you tends to come in the cuddles or with our goodnights :)

I think this is so lovely.

On another note my husband only ever says it when were being all sweeet and slow and otherwise he just returns it when i say it.

yes! it just comes into my head, either really intimate times or incerdible times i just look at him and think "god i love this man so much" and my brain is so starved of oxygen it falls out my mouth lol

Normally after sex I always say it. I must ask her why she doesn't say it first

thanks for the replies guys! this has made for a thoroughly interesting read :) having never had a partner before or had sx with anyone else, and the fact it's never really been brought up in conversation with friends, I was curious :)

Of course there is no "normal", but I wanted to hear other people's perspectives on the matter, especially since mine have evolved over time.

Is that "you" or "it"...LOL

What a brilliant conversation.

This has made me chuckle, sigh and think about my own I![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)U moments.

Delightful. Thank you.

Not said I love you to him in three years! He's never said it to my when having sex no! ever!