Do You Say 'I Love You' During Sex?

Hi,

When I first started having sex, the whole i love you/romance thing didn't appeal at all. I very much enjoyed rougher fucking as opposed to the idea of "making love" which made me cringe a bit. However, over time I have learnt that I don't mind the odd I Love You, no matter whether we're going for rougher passion or sensual and slow. I think my partner helped with this, he is very much a softy really, he mostly only does things rougher for my benefit I think.

I was wondering what other people do? This is something that I don't think I've ever seen discussed anywhere before.........

I'm not one to say it much at all really, although the words 'I fu*king love you' do slip from my mouth after a good orgasm :P Neither of us tend to say it 'in the moment', I'm pretty much incapabable of anything that isn't moaning, or repeated swear words when i'm enjoying myself :L

I don't, I can't stand the idea of 'love-making'. For me, sex is about sating our natural needs, love is something else entirely, and I prefer to keep the two separate. It's very rare for me to cuddle after sex, nevermind profess my undying love for him. He will say it after, and I return it as a thank you, he's definitely a softie too.

VioletWolf wrote:

I don't, I can't stand the idea of 'love-making'. For me, sex is about sating our natural needs, love is something else entirely, and I prefer to keep the two separate. It's very rare for me to cuddle after sex, nevermind profess my undying love for him. He will say it after, and I return it as a thank you, he's definitely a softie too.

but after-sex cuddles are THE BEST!!! :o

I do it sometimes because I know he likes tomcuddle but honestly, I'm hot and sticky and he's still slobbering all over me desperate for more attention?! No thanks 😂 nah, I've always been a bit funny about cuddles after sex, I have issues 😂

I never said it when I was with my ex but have had to stop myself saying it to the guy I'm seeing & we're not even in a relationship, for me it's more about the emotional connection & I'd only say it if I truely meant it (I'm quite strict about who I show emotion too & don't open up to people until I trust them).

If either of us say anything it's each others name but like I said I've really had to not shout 'I love you' not the most romantic way to tell someone you love them for the first time. ^_^

Yes :-)

Yes ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

My boyfriend and myself tend to say "I love you." A lot during sex, we love to express our feelings for each other that way (Of course we say it without sex but you get the picture) honestly it doesn't add anything to the sex but it's so good to say it and hear my boyfriend just moan it back to me ;)

MissNoir wrote:

"have had to stop myself saying it to the guy I'm seeing & we're not even in a relationship, for me it's more about the emotional connection & I'd only say it if I truely meant it (I'm quite strict about who I show emotion too & don't open up to people until I trust them)."

"...I said I've really had to not shout 'I love you' not the most romantic way to tell someone you love them for the first time. ^_^"

This is me 100%, the guy I'm seeing just makes me melt in every way and even though I'm totally falling for him it's only been a few months and we both met and got together looking for just fun after both having gotten out of pretty toxic relationships but it's eneded up becoming more then just fun. Though I think it's something we're both not ready to admit as neither of us wanted a relationship, we were both just having fun with people when we met and clicked.

We certainly have not reached the "I love you" stage, I'm not ready to say it and put myself in that vulnerable position yet, however during/after sex I've almost said it so many times and managed to catch and save myself at the last minute, like so; "I love... your sexy body" but the thing is he did exactly the same thing and he did it first so I think we're both in the same place! It's just so tricky with new "relationships" or whatever we're in lol!

The weird thing is normally after sex I'm really not the cuddly type, I don't even wanna sleep in the same bed I just want my space! However with him I become SUPER cuddly girl! He's turning me into a softie!!!

I said it once, whilst orally pleasing him. He laughed at me and couldn't understand why I would say it at that moment. I haven't said it during sex since but I personally think it's a nice thing to say during the moment.

During sex we don't tend to say it, that happens when we are cuddling and winding down from a session. But it is great to hear it from your OH.

Yes, once or twice. It's not something we say often during sex but it's nice on occasion. My other half tells me at least twenty times a day anyway, he's a big softie.

I actually used to have 'trust issues' with men before meeting my husband, so I had implemented the 'No I Love You Policy during sex' as I thought I love yous from them were not meant if said during physical satisfaction :). So it took about ten years being married for my husband to dare asking me like maybe 10 minutes after we finished: 'so is it safe to say it AFTER now?' LOL! He can say it, I don't mind anymore, maybe would actually enjoy hearing it in the right circumstances during the act (as a compliment for doing something right ;) ), but I never feel like saying it back in these circumstances. PS: I have learnt 'love making' as opposed to 'sex' from my husband too! PS 2:

VioletWolf wrote:

...but honestly, I'm hot and sticky and he's still slobbering all over me desperate for more attention?! No thanks 😂 nah, I've always been a bit funny about cuddles after sex, I have issues 😂

+1 LOL! I actually kind of laugh at how cuddly he becomes with me for the entire day after we have sex! He doesn't even notice it and doesn't like I make a point out of this behaviour to him! :)

Absolutely :) not every time though, it depends what kind of sex we're having (I.e. Rough or intimate). Love making gets a bad name - but it's amazing!

I don't but then I don't think mid sex is the place for I love you. It's more curled up on the sofa or in bed or just generally throughout the day.

Yup. I like to express all the different kinds of love I have for my partner not just the one 'proper' one :)

Yea sometimes we say it prob more in lovemaking sessions. Most of the times were obviously busy doing sexual acts on each other that there not always the chance to I love you. But always afterwards we will say it to each other. We do say it plenty of times to each other during the day. But we know we love each other with how we are with each other as well.

bondagegod wrote:

Yea sometimes we say it prob more in lovemaking sessions. Most of the times were obviously busy doing sexual acts on each other that there not always the chance to I love you. But always afterwards we will say it to each other. We do say it plenty of times to each other during the day. But we know we love each other with how we are with each other as well.

That actually iMO is quite important because its making a statment to your partner and reassuring them that everything between you is fine.

Its when you stop saying " I love you" the alarm bells should start ringing.

mysteron wrote:

bondagegod wrote:

That actually iMO is quite important because its making a statment to your partner and reassuring them that everything between you is fine.

Its when you stop saying " I love you" the alarm bells should start ringing.

Spot on!!