Does anybody else get stinging breast(?) pain? Is it just a stress thing?

It hurrrrrrrts!! :(

It's on my left side and feels like it's the lower part of my breast, right by the rib. It's like an occasional sting. I've had it on and off now for a while. No scary lumps apparently it can be to do with stress? Someone reassure me!? xx

Dont google whatever you do

Takes some deep breaths x

KinkyFuckery wrote:

Dont google whatever you do

Takes some deep breaths x

Eek! Haha!

I don't feel "stressed out" when it comes on. It's totally random. It stopped for a few months but at one point it was happening loads and it has spurts of where it will happen every so many minutes. I started keeping a diary of it when it was happening a lot in the summer and it would come on, then go for one minute, then come back again, then go for another minute, then come again. It's really uncomfortable! :( xx

I have had something similar a w hile back and it was there for a while but I have not had it since. No chance its a growing pain?

It could be nerve getting trapped, but I agree. if the pain is too much, then you should see your GP.

I asked the GP but I think I'm cursed sometimes with bad healthcare.

I got it felt over for lumps and there was nothing, but one doctor said it could just be stress. Mad if it is just how much stress can affect you!

I'm 22 so not sure if I should have already finished growing? If it is growing pains then I hope it starts happening on the other one more often soon then! I've always been pleased with my symmetry!

It can happen when I'm just lay down doing nothing so not sure if I'm straining any muscles. As far as I've noticed there is no obvious trigger.

With regards to stress, it doesn't really happen when I'm stressing over anything as such. I'm not so much a stressful person, but my mind is stressed due to mental health.

Today it's been hurting on the top "cleavage area" and feels slightly different...maybe.

I guess it could be growing pains but I can't remember what they felt like and I never remember this pain from my teenage years.

erm just a thought but i personal tend to get more tender/achey breast at certain times through my monthly cycle could be a possibility maybe?

It's not really an ache, more a throbbing sting.

I do get sore breasts sometimes but this feels different. Usually I just feel tender and more sensitivity. This is a different feeling. Like stabbing maybe.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Is it possible that it is a muscle thing? Sometimes I can strain a muscle around the ribcage, sometimes right down the middle, sometimes down the side, or somewhere else. It can feel a bit sore, and breathing deeply can hurt.

nerves can often get pinched between the ribcage and cause this sensation a lot, I had it quite a bit in my teens, and yes a deep breath can hurt but more often than not a very long exhalation is enough to unpinch whatevers trapped

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Is it possible that it is a muscle thing? Sometimes I can strain a muscle around the ribcage, sometimes right down the middle, sometimes down the side, or somewhere else. It can feel a bit sore, and breathing deeply can hurt.

muscles and ligaments can often get pinched between the ribcage and cause this sensation a lot, I had it quite a bit in my teens, and yes a deep breath can hurt but more often than not a very long exhalation is enough to unpinch whatevers trapped

Ooh! I had no idea! Thankyou very much! I'll definately keep that in mind.

In fact:
http://www.failedsuccess.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/precordial_catch_syndrome_chest_pain/

There you go :)

TTurtle wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

muscles and ligaments can often get pinched between the ribcage and cause this sensation a lot, I had it quite a bit in my teens, and yes a deep breath can hurt but more often than not a very long exhalation is enough to unpinch whatevers trapped

Ooh! I had no idea! Thankyou very much! I'll definately keep that in mind.

In fact:
http://www.failedsuccess.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/precordial_catch_syndrome_chest_pain/

There you go :)

Ah that link sounds slightly familiar to the pain but I'm unsure what the "bubble" sensation must feel like -I wouldn't describe it like that. The timing and consistency the article mentions sounds like it though. I was beginning to slightly think it might be to do with my heart but thought it a bit silly. I don't think breathing really affects it either, so it could be this precordial catch or could not be. Just reading about costochondritis now too. Thank you :)

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

You know, that sounds an awful lot like the pains I get in and around my nipples at certain time of the month.. My breasts can sometimes ache, but the nipple area gets very sensative and can feel throbby and stinging.

Stress.. Well. Stress isn't just a term people use for when they feel under pressure. Stress can affect you physically in all sorts of ways. It is still largly unknown exactly HOW stress affects you, but the link between stress and physical problems is certainly there.

Stress can cause all sorts of problems, physically, up to and including body organs shutting down!

A while ago I was under a lot of stress and I became very ill because of it. My hair was falling out, my liver was in a bad shape and needed frequent tests to check it's behaviour, I suffered terrible stomach pains, and I also suffered Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which will never really go away and still flares up from time to time (which also means I cannot enjoy anal play any more as that has a direct affect on the IBS. Boo!)

So it is entirely possible that these pains are from stress. HOWEVER, I do feel that some doctors can be pretty lazy and use 'stress' as a diagnosis before exhausting every other option. Unfortunately, the only way to tell if something is stress-related (most of the time) is through process of elimination.

So, really, my advice here is if you feel that they have not done as much testing as you feel they ought to have, if you feel that there is something they may have missed, then I would go back and speak to them. If you are unsure on that, then I would possibly suggest seeing a GP, perhpas a female GP if possible, and ask if there is anything else that can be tested for.

Otherwise, I would put it down to the monthly cycle, or possibly stress-related - which can cause certain unrecognisable pains. But only you know yourself.

Perhaps you could keep a diary, or mark on a calender with when you are suffering the pains, marking down your periods, and marking when you are under more stress than usual and see if you can see some sort of pattern after a few months.

It is crazy how much stress can affect us!!

I was keeping an account of the times it happened last time it was happening often. If it stays for a while I'll go back to the drs. It might be to do with my contraceptive pill??

I wish the Drs hurry up and actually help me mental health wise though tbh! xx

Hmmmm.... cartilage thingies, maybe my bones are just all wrong? lol! I occasionally feel like my ribs rub together in the middle when I move from certain positions. The pain does feel more like my breast than my ribs but maybe I'm having trouble identifying the exact location.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Hmm. I certainly cannot comment on that. I think this is a job for your GP. Just don't let them try to fob you off and keep on at them until you have an answer.

I hope you find out what it is soon. xx

Lol I worry I'll come across as a hypochondriac if I keep nagging at them but I will try! They do fob a lot off which makes me feel like I was just worrying over nothing. Which to a degree I am, like my abdomen pain when I read a poster in their toilets about ovarian cancer I was like omg I have all those symptoms!, I think we can all do that from time to time! The doctor I have now seems slightly alright. I've begun feeling a bit scared of going to appointments lately but hopefully soon I get treated and am in a better mood and more equipped to deal with other things. Xx

my honey gets that from time to time i got her to have a check up and everythings okay