Kind of worried and stressed..

Ok I have a drs appointment tomorrow and apart from the fact she is going to tell me off for coming of the anti d's without medical advice I am stressing.

Couple of days ago I found a lump, I have been advocating self checking for a while and something I do regularly but never thought I would ever find one. I know there is nothing I can do right now, until it gets checked out tomorrow but needed somewhere to vent.

Ladies you need to check those boobs, guys you don't get away with it either you need to give yours a feel as well.

xGGx

i maybe wrong here but us men dont have boobs so that be differcult to do and if we did we be to busy playing with them lol

Ork wrote:

Guy's can get it to if I'm right... but the oh so womanly breast cancer main charities kind of forget that... though I could be wrong.

I think she means check your balls for lumps!

Guys can get breast cancer, it is rarer in men but because they are less likely to be checking it is usually far more advanced by the time it is found.

The other part of this is the - 'Don't be a spanner check your nuts' message.

I am hoping it is something minor but wanted to vent and also make other people a bit more breast aware. We all think 'it wont happen to me' until it happens to someone close.

If this makes just one person on here check themselves then it is worth posting.

xGGx

Why are we debating lol... it doesn't matter what you check, just check and check again. If your body doesn't seem right for YOU... then get advice. My Father was fobbed off for the last 12 months when he complained of a bad throat and lack of voice. He continued to ask for help because he knew something wasn't right. He has had a very late cancer diagnosis and has not long had a very agressive/advanced tumour removed. He knew his body, we should all know our bodies better.

Most of the time it does turn out to be nothing, I have had a few lumps checked etc... but better to be safe than sorry. But mostly better to know your own body WELL. :) xx

very well said HGL

all the best GG im sure its fine

Dont worry too much about it! You can get random cysts in your boobs. But its good that youre checking

I don't think there is a need for debate, we all know it is important to check these things. The point is that many people don't. For some it is not knowing how to, for some it is fear of finding something but for many it is the 'it won't happen to me syndrome'.

Well right now it is happening to me, I hope it is a benign cyst but am fully aware of what it could be and what that will mean in the immediate future. I watched my husband die, very slowly with no dignity and a huge amount of pain, from a cancer that was undiagnosed until it was too late to do anything but give paliative care.

I posted partly because I needed to get some of the feelings out but mostly because I want to encourage other people to check. Knowing someone who has found 'something', even when that person is an online contact, may be enough to get others to check themselves. If I can prevent one person from going through the agony he endured during his final months it will be worth it. This is why I have flashed my boobs on twitter, on here for the October Breast Cancer awareness campaign - Think Pink and wear a wristband proclaiming I love boobies.

Debate, argue, joke anything to keep bumping the thread and getting hands on boobs, moobs or balls.

xGGx

I hope all goes well for you today GG.

HH

Positive note from me

Check and check again. All of you everywhere

I found a breast lump 33 years ago. Had a lumpectomy and all the treatment and I celebrate every single year.
The scar hardly shows as more than a dimple and my hair grew back better than ever.

And yes it is just visible in my picture. Just

Hello GG.

I hope it will be ok. I got a lump in my breast when I was 24, during regular check, and it scared the hell out of me. B ut it is possible it is not cancer. In my case it was a cyst. So yes, it can be something minor.

*hug* I hope it will be ok and that it is going to be something like cyst.

And yes, guys can get breast cancer too. Its relatively rare, but it can happen.

Hi GG

Well done for making an appointment, and I pray all goes well for you. Big hugs and be brave.

Mrs A x

Thinking of you today, GG

I'm just at the tail end of treatment for breast cancer and all is good, so if you do get bad news, it's all so treatable and is worth it.

Rebecca x

Ok seen the doc, who is lovely and didn't tell me off for coming off the pills

she has referred me to the breast surgeons at the hospital on a fast track system as a suspected cancer, not because she thinks it is malignant but because it is the quickest way to get seen. She thinks it is a cyst but no one will be sure til the relevant tests are done.

Huge hugs and thanks to you guys for the support.

xGGx

Oh good that she thinks its just cyst. Good luck at getting appointment in hospital soon

*hug*

arghh

My fast track appointment has been arranged, I have to wait a week for a mamagram and up to 2 months for an outpatient follow up

xGGx

Really important message on this thread and definitely a fact for males, especially those still in adolescence, to check their chests too, as it is not uncommon for men to develop breast tissue too.

Checking the balls, in the bath when the scrotum will be least tight, is a good time to search for differences.

GG just because the referral can take up to two months doesn't mean it will. Trust me from the numerous appointments myself and my oh have had if there is anything wrong they will call you back quickly. In effect even though its a very worrying time for you, no news is good news just don't let it go over two months. Appointments can get missed we know that too.

Best wishes my lovely. Xx

Thanks guys, the support on here is brilliant.

I am not worried about me but having watched a husband die very slowly with no dignity I am very concerned about my girls. They know I have to go and have some tests but not what for, however the oldest is a smartarse and has already said that hospital is where you go when you are really sick

Once I get some results I will have to tell them what is happening not looking forward to that chat.

xGGx

Best thing to do, if you have an OH get him/her to check your boobs/crown jewels for you. Sure they wont mind, and makes it lot funnier than if you (or a doctor) does it x