Does anyone use poppers - and why did LH stop selling them?

Unashamedly we do as they work wonders to spark up a steamy session, assist with fantasic orgasms and are great for any kind of anal play. Don't know if the subject is taboo but judging how quickly they move off the shelves of the store we use - we can't be the only ones?

Personally I don't see the need, certainly for anal play... I can't remember who, but a celeb type was quoted a while back saying 'if you need poppers, you aren't doing it right' - and i think there is an element of truth to that; in that with sensible warming-up, they really arent needed at all. As for heightened experiences, id say there are other ways really .

We stopped selling them because it's illegal to send them in the post. D'oh!

The history of poppers is very interesting - they were originally created to increase heart rate and blood flow in operations.

Saying "their lack of health implication has never been proven" doesn't really make any sense.

They do exactly what they're designed to do, with well-known side-effects, as detailed on the Frank Web site.

If you're thinking of buying Poppers, check out the brands like RUSH made by PWD

Well, having used them since God knows when - I think its like all else in life, everything in moderation re any potential health issues. Ive heard of idiots trying to drink the stuff. Yeah just like an adult would drink a bottle of bleach? Apparently such dorks exist!

As for 'not doing it right' - well neither of us have any complaints!!

Not in terms of pleasure, more in terms of certain people relying on it to relax their anus to facilitate penetration, which shouldnt be needed, Ampeli.

This may sound really dumb of me and tell me to shut up if needs but i always thought that poppers was an illegal drug?
I never knew they was acctually ok to buy and used for sexual pleasure.

xx

Agree with you there Living Fire, dependency of any kind is not good, and neither myself nor Mrs A have any trouble without it. What they do do however for us (on occassions) is make good sex wild as inhibitions vanish, and for me particularly produces anal orgasms that I cannot achieve without them. I guess that' why they are a gay favourite......and Mr straight has muscled in on the reasons

No, poppers aren't illegal with the new Isopropyl Nitrite chemical make-up and child proof cap. It is the more potent Isobutyl Nitrite that is now illegal under European law. However, brands like Liquid Gold and Rush do the same nice job and are sold quite legally in most sex shops, including some branches of Ann Summers

mybadx wrote:

This may sound really dumb of me and tell me to shut up if needs but i always thought that poppers was an illegal drug?

xx

According to the Frank site:

The law

Amyl nitrite is very rarely used in medicine these days but is controlled under the Medicines Act. Possession is not illegal but supply can be an offence. There’ve been cases where the Medicines Act was used to fine shops for selling them, but they're still sold as Room Aromas or Deodorisers in sex shops and some clubs.

- in essence, it seems if theyre sold as room aromas/deodorisers, you're ok..? And for the individual, not illegal to possess.

Ampeli wrote:

Agree with you there Living Fire, dependency of any kind is not good, and neither myself nor Mrs A have any trouble without it. What they do do however for us (on occassions) is make good sex wild as inhibitions vanish, and for me particularly produces anal orgasms that I cannot achieve without them. I guess that' why they are a gay favourite......and Mr straight has muscled in on the reasons External Media

Yeah, and like i said the quote was if you need them... fair enough if its something that you like as an addition, but if you needed them, i'd be agreeing with the celeb, something's not right! :)

LivingFire wrote:

mybadx wrote:

xx

According to the Frank site:

The law

Amyl nitrite is very rarely used in medicine these days but is controlled under the Medicines Act. Possession is not illegal but supply can be an offence. There’ve been cases where the Medicines Act was used to fine shops for selling them, but they're still sold as Room Aromas or Deodorisers in sex shops and some clubs.

- in essence, it seems if theyre sold as room aromas/deodorisers, you're ok..? And for the individual, not illegal to possess.

Thanks LF.

xx

My 12 year old pointed some out to me in the shop window of a local newsagent, sold as "room fragrance"! She recognized them as they had been shown them in a talk at school.

Jaygee - I have seen them openly on sale in at least two corner shops in High Wycombe where I was working recently. 12 year olds should never have sight of poppers, and I hope yours and her friends don't get tempted. In spite of them (in our opinion) being a fun and legal rereational drug, poppers are definitely not for children and I think your newsagent needs to be made aware of that

Hi Ampeli and welcome by the way.
There is no danger of my DD getting into poppers - she thought it was funny though. This same shop has tobacco tins with nude women and smoking paraphernalia e.g. bongs in the window too. It's just sad.

I remember seeing a news story on a repost site. The story was from the Daily Mail and it was 'addressing' the issue of how a legal loophole now means they can be sold as fragrances and this will bring about the death of civilisation, swine flu, hoodies etc... The usually Daily Mail stuff really.

Personally I've never tried them but probably falls under the 'try & experience' umbrella for me. I probably will at some point out of curiousity.

Thanks JayGee.............I'm assuming you and your OH don't imbibe, or have done?

Ah yes the good old Daily Mail WandA................funny, it's not the fragrance that does it for us

Ampeli - no Gee and I don't imbibe - never have felt the need or want to be honest.

Guys, I'm not getting all Daily Mail here, heavens forfend - I have no objection to poppers being sold, just not in a shop window where kids can see 'em.

JayGee wrote:

Ampeli - no Gee and I don't imbibeExternal Media - never have felt the need or want to be honest.

Guys, I'm not getting all Daily Mail here, heavens forfend - I have no objection to poppers being sold, just not in a shop window where kids can see 'em.

i think i am with you on this jaygee, they should be like r18 dvds and suchlike and only be sold in liscenced sex shops ect, with the information on how to use them properly (eg not drinking or smoking it)

i probably would try them if i got the chance but it wouldnt be something i would despersatley try to seek out

TLA wrote:

LoveHoney - Richard wrote:

Saying "their lack of health implication has never been proven" doesn't really make any sense.

I meant that I've heard of studies showing that they can dangerous, but no one has ever proven these studies wrong.

Only those propping up the gravestones l suppose, pretty useless in the witness box!!!

TB

Aren't there issues with lowering blood pressure? It's something heart related I'm sure, because of all the dilation they cause. Probably a low risk, I tend to rate all drugs by this paper: http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v07/n366/a01.html which has a nice ranking at http://www.mapinc.org/images/LancetTable3.gif.

Interesting when you compare it to the current classification system, but thats a whole other topic for a thread!