DOTD and offers

Have LH stopped sending offer emails and DOTD emails? I've not received any for a few months now. Sorry if this question is asked and answered elsewhere on the forum, I did try searching. I didn't want to contact customer service in case they're busy. I've not changed my email address btw.

The Deal of the Day email still goes out daily, and there are still advertisement-style emails that are fairly regular (eg. Masturbation May info), but no special offers as such any more.

Ian Chimp wrote:

The Deal of the Day email still goes out daily, and there are still advertisement-style emails that are fairly regular (eg. Masturbation May info), but no special offers as such any more.

Thanks for replying. I miss the offer emails, I don't buy much these days, but then again, I don't spend time on the forum anymore. Need to keep an eye out for when you post offers on the thread. 😘

No worries. πŸ™‚ I think they've been trying to recalibrate their special offer baseline, as the coded offers have been a bit bleak since about September-time. Even the 'use Lovehoney instead of x competitor' google ad one has been reduced from 30% off to just 15%.

But if I find anything good I'll pop it in the Offers thread. πŸ™‚πŸ€ž

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1679792-special-offer-toys-you-lover/page-65/

Nah, still going. Actually gettinf about 3 emails a day off LH.

Bigiain wrote:

Now I feel like I'm missing out. πŸ™‚ Have you had anything good?

Make sure and check your spam folders! I get minimum 1 a day normally the DOTD but it often ends up in my spam folder..

They've definitely got a lot worse. DOTD still goes out but definitely a lack of coded offers which is a shame.

Owl1992 wrote:

They've definitely got a lot worse. DOTD still goes out but definitely a lack of coded offers which is a shame.

And even DOTD is more likely to be 30% off rather than 50% these days.

I've seen on another thread people querying why their forum accounts had been deactivated and it could have been to a long period between purchasing something. I wonder if the lessened offers and not so great DOTDs have had anything to do with people buying less... I know its effected what I'm purchasing for sure!

Forever his β™‘ wrote:

I've seen on another thread people querying why their forum accounts had been deactivated and it could have been to a long period between purchasing something. I wonder if the lessened offers and not so great DOTDs have had anything to do with people buying less... I know its effected what I'm purchasing for sure!

Me too. I order a lot less often now offers are worse.

The offers are certainly less enticing than they used to be. I used to get quite excited when a Lovehoney email turned up in my inbox, but now they're just regular advert ones I'm thinking of pausing them for a bit. Even the Sexperts one on a Saturday is a repeat of the previous Sunday's Position of the Week blog.

Fingers crossed they'll get their game back soon. 🀞

Ian Chimp wrote:

Bigiain wrote:

Now I feel like I'm missing out. πŸ™‚ Have you had anything good?

Not a jot.

I don't get any emails from l h this is being going on for about a year now, i have even spoken to customer care about the problem but still haven't got any emails yet

I think I get at least 2 emails a day? It's usually the DOTD and site favourites/recommendations/ads. I haven't seen a good offer one in ages as people have mentioned above. I miss the Β£20 off Β£40 style offers or the ones were you got a free toy when you spent over a certain amount.

There were still plenty of offers and deals running up until recently, and a few have started to appear back on the site. I would assume that they aren’t sending out offers to reduce the pressure on the warehouse. Sex toy sales have increased due to the pandemic so they will be busier than they would normally be at this point in the year. Plus they will want to look after their warehouse staff by trying to maintain social distancing and allowing for hand washing etc. As well as the fact that they are bound to have people off sick with covid 19 or needing to isolate/shield.

That is a lot of pressure on the warehouse team so to email out almost unmissable offers to increase sales sounds pretty cruel if you ask me

kelly_michelle wrote:

There were still plenty of offers and deals running up until recently, and a few have started to appear back on the site. I would assume that they aren’t sending out offers to reduce the pressure on the warehouse. Sex toy sales have increased due to the pandemic so they will be busier than they would normally be at this point in the year. Plus they will want to look after their warehouse staff by trying to maintain social distancing and allowing for hand washing etc. As well as the fact that they are bound to have people off sick with covid 19 or needing to isolate/shield.

That is a lot of pressure on the warehouse team so to email out almost unmissable offers to increase sales sounds pretty cruel if you ask me

I'm not sure if you read the whole thread, but what I'm referring to dates back to around September time. I appreciate that the Covids may have had an impact recently, but it doesn't account for the previous 6 or 7 months. Obviously Lovehoney can put as many or as few offers out as they like, it's their business and they can run it as they see fit, I'm just airing my opinion and offering some customer feedback. πŸ™‚

So here's hoping for some cruelty-free extra special offers sometime in the future. πŸ€žπŸ™‚

At one point I stopped .receiving DOTD, I had to register again using a different email address

Always check my spam folder. Nothing there from LH πŸ˜’

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Always check my spam folder. Nothing there from LH πŸ˜’

There's been a glitch with it ever since I joined. As HM says, people have contacted Customer Care about it and they can't seem to get to the bottom of it. You can sign up to some with a new/different email, but I don't think that'll work for the exclusive Unlimited special offers unless you change your main email in your account page (though not everyone will want to do that).