Dress Up Quick Question - Please give feedback

SnL wrote:

Mermaid costume! Cowboy and cowgirl costumes!

Yes mermaid, my OH loves the mermaid look.

Some great suggestions have been made already including Nympho's great post that highlights a lot of great ideas.

I would personally like to see more versatile outfits that arent specifically for one role. Therefore it's justifiable to splash out on them.

I really like the idea of arabian princess/harem girl, gypsy, super hero outfits (I think with these they have to be designed and fitted really well to "work"). I also love olden day theme like outfits like Greek princess/goddess, xena-like, also, going with Nypho's idea of the oriental look (geisha). I think it's beautifully classy. I also think the retro and burlesque look

The sexy element wins over funny. I agree that sexy isn't necessarily revaling though. I personally like role play gear to be more classy than "slutty". It's how you come across in the outfit that makes it how you want- not the outfit itself, necessarily.

More plus size designs, too please!

A pet peeve with the fancy dress outfits are the seriously cheesy outfits.. and one that looks really cheap and tacky like this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14269 I loved the frills but everything else.. wow, I could have made it myself out of glue and felt. >.<

My OH keeps mentioning a Firemans costume.... ergo would like to see a male firemans costume so I can surprise her!

Pixie_Murree wrote:

toycar69 wrote:

How about something for guys to wear for their ladies?

I've no idea what, but maybe some of the forum ladies could say what they'd like to see their men dressed in?

Police uniform wins everytime for me External Media

This is a good one for me too!

Kasumi wrote:

Sexy superhero costumes would be a nice addition External Media

And definitely this one..........Maybe a 'Seduction Man' suit External Media

I was looking at some outfits that are in a baroque/ victorian/ lolita/ masquerade style and they seem to look rather pretty, and sexy compared to some costums I've seen.

What about movie costums? Though I'm not sure with these.

Thank you for all this feedback - you guys rock! I've been thinking that there are just so many questions I want to ask you all that I may put together a quick survey to run on the site. Costumes are a huge mine field and we've tried lots of different things over the years but other than the classic maids and nurses we haven't quite hit the nail on the head as such.

For me, I don't go for sexy or funny costumes - the key thing for me is authenticity. If I'm creating a fantasy (either for a party or staying in) I want it to look and feel like the real thing. But then I do take my fancy dress seriously!

I love fancy dress!

Definetly sexy for me although that doesn't always mean a lot on show. One of my favourite costumes that I have is a Marine Officer. It's like a jumpsuit, shows nothing but curves but have had compliments on how sexy it is from both men and women.

There has been loads of great suggestions so far, not sure if there are any other ones I can think of just now. I am a sucker for accessories when it comes to fancy dress, so maybe more of them on Lh. x

how about a wiches outfit or a black cat outfit maybe like something from cat woman with Halle Berry, don't get any of those cheesy red & white Santa outfits for Christmas try for something with some class but sexy in red & white u could use as a Santa outfit.

My OH always want's me to dress up for her as she quite often dresses up for me but we can never find good costumes for guys to wear.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

For me, I don't go for sexy or funny costumes - the key thing for me is authenticity. If I'm creating a fantasy (either for a party or staying in) I want it to look and feel like the real thing. But then I do take my fancy dress seriously!

I'm the same. If I'm going to dress up for a sexy roleplay scenario, the clothes I'm wearing has to feel authentic. I can't be doing with all these schoolgirl outfits with the tiny shirts and even tinier skirts as no schoolgirl would actually wear that.

I agree with most of the postings here,

Being more specific :

Better range and wider choice for the plus size ladies

Some decent guys costumes.. thinking policeman, doctor, fireman (not cheezy)

LH could do some sort of collaboration with a good UK fancy dresss site like Jokers Masquerade who I've used in the past for some UK exclusive outfits for Haloween.

We love halloween so part of my interest is for Halloween (thinking horror / fun) which I would probably go to Jokers Masquerade (although LH's customer service and delivery are brilliant so I could be swayed..) and part is for fun in the bedroom (thinking sexy & sassy) which I would definately get from LH if the range was more to my/our taste ;-)

I (a man) am going to get a french maid outfit. I don't see much I like in the men's costumes and depending on how much effort I put into the maid's costume it could be anything from cheesy to sort of sexy. I'm likely to have five women to wear it for at a small gathering, so I think they'll probably go for it. I wouldn't do this if I weren't already hairless, and I have worn heels in the distant past, so I'm not too scared about that.

please have more guys costumes! there are like 2 and they arent great to be honest!

I definately agree with there being more things for plus size women its hard enough trying to feel sexy at times with out the lack of choice making it worse..

but when i say plus size I mean above a size 20 not upto..

Yeah, and with the plus-size costumes as well, a lot of them are just larger versions of the super-skimpy straight sized ones. Most plus-size women couldn't leave the house in something as revealing as this, for example: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16217 for fear of being ridiculed or worse. It's not easy to find plus-sized costumes that a plus-size woman would actually wear!

For the males (and for us ladies to appreciate!) good quality authentic; military costumes, fireman outfits, police officer (preferably with all the extras, although probably not cost affective - stab vest, proper handcuffs, baton).

As is quite obvious I really like my men in uniform... Just not something badly made and barely convincing...

Em x

I find most outfits more amusing than sexy, decent lingerie serves that purpose - or rubberwear, but that's rarely the preserve of Halloween parties.

However, catsuits seem to be an exception, irrespective of material really, but the black satin type with a tail and cat ears does un-natural things below - as does a glossy PVC one with a clearly zippable crotch/bum-crakck - but again not really suitable for *most* casual situations as you migth give more away about your proclivities than you wish to.

Other than that, something Gothic like a brocaded corset, waisted dress do the job - go as Amy Lee basically.

I found this site while randomly looking for plus size costumes. I love how authentic these look!

http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/plus-size-costumes-fantasy-c-51.aspx

I like how a lot of them are seperate but can be used together for sifferent looks like the cape, wings etc. I would love to see something an array of items in the dress up section like they have.