Duckie - Question

So after buying myself a yellow duckie bath thermometer, I remembered this thingy here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=1071 - and thinking about buying it. I never considered it before as it has more cons than pros:

- it is rubber,

- it has only one speed,

- it runs with batteries,

- battery compartment is fiddly,

- it is noisy,

- considering all of the above the price is very high.

So I am aware that if I buy it, it will merely be a novelty toy in the bath and nothing else, just for a cheeky laugh, I do not expect it to be a "good toy".

However, for the novelty factor to work properly, it should at least float on its belly like a proper rubber bath ducky would. Except seeing the video, it really doesn't seem to stay up right when Lisa puts it in the tank, with him turning upside down... I have read all 20 reviews and none mentions whether this ducky has learned how to swim properly or it will go under? I also noticed some forum regulars have reviewed it, so I'm once again asking this community for advice: will this overpriced ducky stay afloat properly in my tub?

Thank you all!

I don't have either, but on the video the small version looks hopeless. The big duckie seems to float okay, but at 10 pounds more...

Talia, that goes to show how little did I care about these duckies before I bought my funny bath thermometer today. I ignored the bigger version even existed. I have read all 8 reviews on it and itt seems to have slight improvements compared to the little one, but given I honestly doubt this could be a "good toy", therefore only considering it as a "novelty factor", I am wary of spending even £15, let alone £25... I can't watch the video from my phone now, but will do tomorrow, and I might still consider it (there is one review that mentions the big duck floating, but then got water in and sank). However, I would much prefer spending for such a silly caprice the less I could! :) Thanks anyway for the input!

Video doesn't promise much tbh. A little pricey for just a novelty thing. The novelty wore off for me as soon as I saw him go belly up lol. I think there's far better waterproof toys lh sell

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Video doesn't promise much tbh. A little pricey for just a novelty thing. The novelty wore off for me as soon as I saw him go belly up lol. I think there's far better waterproof toys lh sell

I agree. 99% of my toys are waterproof, so I'm really not after that now. I just childishly like the "secret ducky" in the bath to keep company to my thermometer. I know it's rather silly and that's why I wouldn't want to spend that much for a duck that can't even swim properly! LOL.

If you are worried that your thermometer duck will be lonely I'd buy a children's toy rubber duck - at least then the two could swim together ;)

Though I wonder: Who makes a bath toy that doesn't swim properly? What is wrong with product designers? (I have a feeling the world would be a better place if designers were forced to use their products for a few weeks before production starts.)