Durable Suspender Belts

I don’t know if its just because I’ve been buying cheap ones or something, but over the years I have bought four or five different suspender belts for holding up stockings.

However, they always break, really quickly, in the exact same way.

The little platic bit that clips onto the stockings always falls off.

Do they make any from alternative material other than just that cheap plastic? Or is it just a case of you jeed to buy much more expensive ones? Or do they only work for petite figures and not plus size people?

Basically can someone advise on suspender belts that are actually durable and would last more than a few weeks.

2 Likes

I’m no expert on this but I hear people talk about using suspender belts with 6 fixing rather than 4 and them having metal fixings. I suspect they are more expensive but worth looking into. @Happypantycouple

1 Like

Yep, six strap with metal fasteners are good.
If depends what you want them for too. If it’s for actually supporting stockings rather than bedroom appeal, the six strap keep stockings up better too. With some of the four strap I have the adjusters start to slip if I’m on my feet a lot. The six strap are also better for keeping seams in place. Look out for a six strap in the sale somewhere. If it’s for general day use, it’s not so critical that it ‘goes’ with you underwear so you can pick up clearance bargains where sites are left with stock once the bras and knickers are gone

3 Likes

Depending on your taste, you could try a good old fashioned 6 strap corset or girdle.
They’re still available elsewhere and in my opinion, sexy as hell.
Alternatively you could search that well known online shop for metal suspender clips and replace the less robust ones on your favourite belts.

1 Like

I sense this could be a quality buy product where if your willing to pay that bit more then the materials and durability will be better lasting.

Alternatively if your in a creative mood why not make some yourself using the better materials :slightly_smiling_face: