Favourite movies or TV shows.

BB princess bide is a lovely film.

I loved 'The Sound of Music', 'The Jungle Book' and 'Fantasia' to add to musicals....

OK, I do have children

bide whoops bride, soz for the typo.

it's a wonderful life is all I've seen with Jimmy Stewart in Kitty, that is lovely to watch at christmas though.

The last western I watched was Tombstone.

you beat clint eastwood in the good bad and the ugly or home alone at christmas

forest gump is good here are a few nominations from me for great films.

Comedy - White chicks or trains planes and automobiles

Adult comedy - Porkies

Chick comedy - love actually or serendipity.

Hope someone agrees with some of my choices lol

I think some are really good Planes trains & automobiles is a classic christmas movie for me, porkies is a great adult comedy & love actually is good as well.

john candy is fantastic and a big shout to leslie Nielsen who sadly past away with Naked gun and Airplane the movie

'The Blues Brothers' - classic!

'Rocky Horror...' - well, just take a step to the right.......

blue brothers fantastic ( RAW HIDE) YA

AA my OH & I watch alot of cartoons, like American Dad, The Simpsons, Futurama & she's into Family Guy, I have the cartoon of the orginal Transformers on DVD, I can't watch horror films, I still have a vivid imagination.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I'm really quite fussy with my TV. I watch a lot of cartoons whenever I can. Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, Beavis and Butthead, as well as some awesome kids shows like Fairly Odd Parents (is that ever on anymore?) and Pinky and the Brain. And some Anime like Cowboy Bebop.

In regards with films, I am not a fan of Teen coms. Most comedies I find quite rubbish, but there are one or two that can make me laugh, like the fabulous Pink Panther films. I could laugh all day at those! Some Carry on films are classic aswell.

I like some phsycological horrors aswell. Wathced a film a few nights ago that was pretty good, can't remember for the life of me what it was called though. Something about a bunch of people meeting in some cult thing in a blocked up warehouse and they are being watched by this strange man who's sister is some scientific disaster who kills them or something like that. Couldn't follow it well, but it was good to watch.

Vietnam war films I love though. But they often make me cry and feel like shit. Hamburger Hill or the fantastic Apocolypse Now. There are lots of brilliant 'Nam films, but they all tend to make me cry or feel really bad. Guess thats why they are so good!

I agree with this, I really love films that make me "feel" ... I love anything with some emotional intensity - probably why I like war films so much. It doesn't always have to be sad - I cry bucketloads watching "It's a Wonderful Life" because it's just so beautiful!

xxKPxx

Shaun of the Dead is the best film ever. EVER. Otherwise I can pretty much watch whatever. I don't like horrors, but just recently discovered the Saw films and am absolutely in love with them. They're SO clever!

I also watched 44 Inch Chest a couple weeks ago. Not one of my favourite films ever, but it's the best two hours of absolutely nothing happening ever!

My favourite show of all time is Bones, been watching it for 6 years now

I remember Biker mice from mars vaguely AA, I don't know the tick. I love a tv that makes me feel something for the characters in it, that's why I like Chuck so much. I love a nice family film too, disnry CGI films are always nice. Toy story 1,2,3. are great. I like something that will make me laugh & feel happy really.

I love watching Bones, CSI Vegas and Miami but cant stand NY, NCIS but dont like the LA one, The Mentalist, Warehouse 13, A Town Called Eureka and House are all on my planner at the moment. I love Dr Who and have just started watching Merlin which I really like and dont know how on earth we missed the past series. There are programmes I used to love but gave up on as they were too repetitive like Grey's Anatomy and Americas Next Top Model. I dont really get much chance to watch films but do have a soft spot for Disney films.

Nice thread... SexiLexi & I love curling up on a sofa with a bit of good TV or a good film - we have a habit of once we find a series we like just watching a few episodes of that every evening and nothing else until we finish it... some faves are Studio 60 (such a shame it was canceled!), Firefly (ditto), House, The Mentalist, Shark, Bones, Luther... etc etc...

Just wanted to plug a couple of series that haven't been mentioned yet though:

1) Battlestar Galactica - ok, ok, it's sci-fi. You may think you don't like sci-fi, but please, please give this a try. It's very, very good drama. It just happens to be set on a spaceship, but at it's best it's every bit as involving as The Sopranos or Six Feet Under - seriously! The biggest problem is that it starts with a miniseries that is composed of 2 movie length episodes, and they're quite a slog to get through, but once you're through them and a few eps into the first series you'll be hooked. Probably my favorite television series of the last decade.

2) Friday Night Lights - Our latest find... again this is just excellent drama. It's about a small town America - focused around a small Texas town and their high-school football (American football that is) team. You may hate America, you may hate American football, but this is still fantastic TV. Kittypurry said earlier in the thread she likes films that make her 'feel' - that's what FNL is, emotional and entertaining - several episodes have had us both laughing and crying. Great stuff - watch it!

Right, sales pitch over... sorry about that... can't resist being evangelical about good TV that people could be watching instead of I'm a Celebrity (good idea, but they should really make a celebrity version! boom boom!) and X-Factor (fun, but too silly this year)...

As for movies, we watch alot of them too, but I'll save that for now - faves; Die Hard, Leon, Almost Famous, most recent; The American (subtle, slow, old school), The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (better than tGWTDT, not as good as tGWPWF, almost certainly 100% better than the Hollywood remake will be!)

I have a really mixed tv show choice.... i love big bang theory and glee. Huge fan of True Blood and still watch a Buffy or Angel if I see it on the tv!! Also huge fan of Law & Order, CSI, Gilmour Girls, Dharma and Greg.... and a huge addiction is QI and Mock the Week :)

I'm such a saddo im addicted to Hallmark made for tv movies !!! pretty much will watch any film minus horror yucky things. Fave films include Bone Collector, Shawshank redemption then on the flipside I love Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles and all the cheesy crap :D

oooh, forgot The Wire... another brilliant show...

comedy.....Twin Towns and Trainspotting and of course The Full Monty

I can never remember the films I like! Plus I've watched barely any "popular" films - haven't seen Sixth Sense, Shawshank Redemption, Titanic, The Godfather films, Moulin Rouge. The list goes on.

I'm not fussy, I'll watch anything that's "watchable" - I hate rom coms and don't love chick flicks but there are exceptions - I love anything with Hugh Grant in because it's just easy to watch.

I love the Pirates of the Caribbean, love The Notebook despite the fact that it makes me sob my heart out.

I love horror films and action films. Anything that makes you *think* and work to understand it. I love Silence of the Lambs and loved the Blade Trilogy.

And I'm a complete sucker for musicals - I love Oliver, the Sound of Music, Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. My grandad is a musician and loves musicals - apparently I've inherited that from him ha!

I'm not fussy at all - we've watched some complete dross and I enjoy it! WandA is fussy though!

TV programmes - I like things that me think - love Sherlock, Dr. Who, Wire in the Blood, Bones, House. I love comedy and quiz shows and love Buzzcocks, QI, 8 out of 10 Cats, Russel Howards Good News. Plus all the specific stand up comedians I love - Jason Manford, Tim Minchin (<3), Sean Lock, etc. etc..

Adx