Favourite movies or TV shows.

Hi all

I thought it would make a nice little change if we shared our favourite TV shows or movies, what makes them special for you to enjoy them? Anything from comedies, dramas, cartoons, rom-coms. Does anyone like US comedies or do you prefer the classic british TV.

I'm really into a show on living called Chuck & have recently got into a comedy called The big bang theory. Both me & my partner love most CGI movies, I like a good rom-com, alas the OH doesn't, we both enjoy a good action thriller as well.

Tv: Anything CSI-y - CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS etc. Also Stargate & True Blood (Eric is just yum-my!!), Spooks is brill too x

Film: It depends on what mood I'm in - romcoms, action, epic/historicals, my fave film at the mo is (hangs head in shame) Snakes on a Plane!! I know its a cheesefest from start to finish but its so crap its genius!!

It was so bad it was good, I couldn't watch over & over though. if you like sam jackson check out The Negotiator.

omg loooooove that film!!

It is a classic movie & Kevin Spacey is as equally good in it as Sam Jackson

Definitely x

One of my favourite fims is 'Foresst Gump' (I hear the groans, I do) but there are loads else to - 'Withnail and I' is a must, must, must.

re: TV: Soaps ('Eastenders') and anything antique-related. There is so much to choose from that I can't really name the TV programmes.

The News?

Platoon i know its a heavy film but oh so close to the truth too

Nothing wrong with Forrest Gump kooky, I watched it four times at the cinema.

gumpy is good too

I also love documentaries about pop groups - Spinal Tap is a classic.

"It is called a Camberwell Carrot because..."

"Fork it! Fork it!"

'Withnail and I' have some classic lines.

Supernatural, Lost Girl, Misfits, and Being Human are my main TV ones. Actually, just realised that they're all based on paranormal doodahs, not so random after all! Supernatural's still top, because they take the silly things I'm afraid of and make them seem reasonable. See a clown eat someone, and you're never quite the same... Plus Jensen Ackles being liquid sex doesn't hurt!

Films, my terrible sense of humour shines out: Evil Dead 2, Zoolander, The Princess Bride, Blazing Saddles, Repo!, Rocky Horror... Anything OTT and a little silly (and possibly a dance routine) and I'm there. Evil Dead wins, because a) Bruce Campbell is made of win, and b) it's so freakin funny. I find it hard to be actually scared by horror films, they either try too hard and end up seriously weak (the likes of Scream or I Know What You Did epitomise this) or start off good but then can't keep it going for the full duration, so having something that really doesn't take itself seriously is nice. Gore 'n' giggles, a great combo. :)

Kooky wrote:

One of my favourite fims is 'Foresst Gump' (I hear the groans, I do) but there are loads else to - 'Withnail and I' is a must, must, must.

re: TV: Soaps ('Eastenders') and anything antique-related. There is so much to choose from that I can't really name the TV programmes.

The News? External Media

lickmadick wrote:

gumpy is good too

S&M sexy times wrote:

Nothing wrong with Forrest Gump kooky, I watched it four times at the cinema.

Like the guys say kooky - nothing wrong with forrest gump x

To summarise my feeling on films:

I like war films, westerns, mysteries and anything with Jimmy Stewart in! I like animated films, French films and absolutely LOVE "hidden gems" e.g. Shawshank Redemption (popular now but 'twernt when I found it), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Pay it Forward. I can't stand musicals but I love Moulin Rouge which is, as far as I'm concerned, the greatest film in existence.

xxKPxx

ooh ooh ooh - Vampire Diaries!! Cheesy again I know but omg Ian Somerhalder is soooooooo sexy!!

KittyPurry wrote:

To summarise my feeling on films:

I like war films, westerns, mysteries and anything with Jimmy Stewart in! I like animated films, French films and absolutely LOVE "hidden gems" e.g. Shawshank Redemption (popular now but 'twernt when I found it), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Pay it Forward. I can't stand musicals but I love Moulin Rouge which is, as far as I'm concerned, the greatest film in existence.

xxKPxx

Awwwww Pay it Forward External Media cried like a baby External Media

BashfulBabe wrote:

Supernatural, Lost Girl, Misfits, and Being Human are my main TV ones. Actually, just realised that they're all based on paranormal doodahs, not so random after all! Supernatural's still top, because they take the silly things I'm afraid of and make them seem reasonable. See a clown eat someone, and you're never quite the same... Plus Jensen Ackles being liquid sex doesn't hurt!

Films, my terrible sense of humour shines out: Evil Dead 2, Zoolander, The Princess Bride, Blazing Saddles, Repo!, Rocky Horror... Anything OTT and a little silly (and possibly a dance routine) and I'm there. Evil Dead wins, because a) Bruce Campbell is made of win, and b) it's so freakin funny. I find it hard to be actually scared by horror films, they either try too hard and end up seriously weak (the likes of Scream or I Know What You Did epitomise this) or start off good but then can't keep it going for the full duration, so having something that really doesn't take itself seriously is nice. Gore 'n' giggles, a great combo. :)

Scream was EXACTLY that!!! It wasn't really supposed to be a horror, tis mostly satire with a few scares thrown in. It's not really my usual sort of film but I thought it was pretty good!

xxKPxx

Forrest Gump made me cry, when is mum died.

It is a wonderful film

forest gump is good here are a few nominations from me for great films.

ACTION - Gladiator, Rambo or Fast and the furious

Comedy - White chicks or trains planes and automobiles

Adult comedy - Porkies

Chick comedy - love actually or serendipity

Horror - Saw

Fave Film Shawshank redemption.

Hope someone agrees with some of my choices lol