Feature or Flaw? - Icicles No.5 Sapphire Spiral

So, needing a treat, I bought a couple of (ok a few) toys last week, including the Icicles No.5 - which came with an odd feature/flaw.

My No.5 has a crevice/groove/crease in the back of the head, which doesn’t show up in any of the product photos, but looks intentional. This doesn’t affect the feel of the toy at all, but the bottom of the crevice is rough, making effective cleaning a challenge, and the crevice itself transforms an abstract toy that I could leave out on my dressing table, into something that looks a lot more like a penis than it it would without the crevice!

Lovehoney offered to replace, but have instead refunded the product under the “Happiness Promise” because I’d like to know if this is a “feature” or flaw before I either re-purchase a new (hopefully crevice free) No.5 or opt for something similar (but definitely crevice free) The person I spoke to in customer service thinks this was a flaw, but can’t be sure!

So, do you own an Icicles No.5? Does yours have a crevice? If you have a crevice do you consider this a feature, or flaw? And maybe too personal a question but is your crevice rough?

Also, any recommendations for a crevice free replacement?

Having searched the internet, I’ve discovered a fair few reviews that mention the No.5 crevice, and how difficult it is to clean, including one on the Lovehoney site - but there are also plenty of photos out there where I really can’t tell if there’s a crevice or not, and plenty of reviews that say how easy it is to clean.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I think it’s a bellend groove. :slightly_smiling_face: Ours has one too. It’s completely smooth, though it does need a little extra attention when cleaning. :+1:

I’ll chuck the link in too. :+1: It’s Mrs Chimp’s second favourite glass toy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Icicles No5

2 Likes

It definitely looks more realistic with the groove - which wasn’t something I was looking for in an abstract glass toy - and if it’s supposed to be there why wasn’t it in the product photos?

Mine is definitely rough, if I run a piece of paper through the groove it catches like a needle on a record!

1 Like

Yours is definitely faulty then. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think photographing glass is tricky. I’ve seen a few that look a little different in real life. The returns policy is pretty good though. :+1:

2 Likes

Mrs Chimp has good taste, it feels divine! Thanks for adding the link, I forgot!

Yeah photographing glass is a challenge and a half, but it’s not mentioned in any of the details, or in the video, where they could have mentioned the “groove”.

Is yours more like a valley with a smooth wide bottom? That’s how it looks in some of the photos I’ve seen, but mine’s like the crevice in a peach, impossibly narrow and rough at the bottom!

If it’s supposed to be there, I’ll order something else instead, as even if it’s supposed to be easier to clean than my rough crevice, I really would prefer a more abstract toy I can leave on the side! Any idea if the similar products have the same crease?

I’m guessing the Blue Swirl is most similar. The Mr Swirly and Spiral G-Spot are probably a little on the large side for lazy comfort and the Beaded Sensual Glass is a totally different texture.

1 Like

We’ve got all but the Gläs one. Mrs Chimp’s absolute favourite is the LH Beaded Glass Dildo. :slightly_smiling_face: (no crevice)

The Spiral G-Spot has quite a large head/shaft ratio (5"/3¼"), so Mrs Chimp prefers the Icicles No5. Some people think it looks pink in the photos, but mine is clear. :+1: (no crevice)

The Blue Swirl is by far the prettiest, but the ridges aren’t as pronounced. I’ve just checked and ours doesn’t have a crevice. :+1:

I’ve got a list of our glassware in my Toy Collection if you fancy a browse? :slightly_smiling_face:

ETA: I’d describe the crevice on our Icicles No5 as a thin, shallow groove. :+1:

2 Likes

Well, if Mrs. Chimp recommends the Beaded Glass that’ll definitely push it up my list!

That is an EPIC list of toys! How do you store them all? I mean they’re so neatly ordered in a collapsible online list I’m hoping you have an epic real life storage system as well!

The Icicles No.5 really does have the most amazing head/shaft/texture proportions, so guessing hard to beat! How does the pretty Blue Swirl stack up? I’m guessing it’s less of a thrill being less ridgy!

And yes, Lovehoney have an excellent returns policy - very kind of them to give me the option of a replacement or refund so I could check out Icicles No.5’s crevice!

Thanks for the help! @Ian_Chimp

2 Likes

The beaded glass dildo does get a lot of love on the forums, but every body is different so results may vary. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

This is my last stab at organising it all: :slightly_smiling_face:

I tell you what we need. A glass dildo Comparison Table. :slightly_smiling_face: Combine the info from the product page, maybe add in measurements of head, shaft (low/mid/top), weight, extra features (crevices). Anything else? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp Hopefully you won’t be running out of space for new toys any time soon, or you’ll have to start operating a one in one out system! Glad to hear the toys have proper real life organisation!

I do love my glass, so I’m probably biased, but I feel the glass dildo category has plenty of range! Although given what you see is “more or less” what you get when it comes to a glass toy, I guess they’re simpler to compare to a series of vibrators which might look similar, but are very different on the inside!

2 Likes

That’s how it started out. But Mrs Chimp is a garbage whirlwind, and has zero respect for organisation or consistency. :slightly_smiling_face: I keep asking for a Lovehoney replicator so she can just ask that for whatever toy she really needs right now, but they’re being stingy and have yet to deliver the goods. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp I guess a 3D printer would be too slow for Mrs Chimp? (And currently quite limited in application!) - when Lovehoney finally come up with the replicator I’m sure we’ll all be in heaven! Until then hopefully you can persuade the Mrs of the value of a little organisation!

2 Likes

The tester’s eternal conundrum: Is it a feature or is it a flaw?
:grin:

5 Likes

I can imagine! At least in this instance plenty of people have purchased it to compare!

Sounds like a combination of the two in this instance - unwanted feature, which doesn’t appear in the description/product photos, and a flaw, as my crevice is rough! :rofl:

I’m happy that you are getting a replacement, @KinkyInky !
When it comes to glass toys, the beaded dildo that @Ian_Chimp linked to is amazing. I have it in black. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I’d forgotten there was a black version as well! Nice!

2 Likes

I have the clear beaded dildo and it definitely does have a small flaw so it does happen. Lovehoney offered to exchange it but it’s tiny, didn’t look like it would compromise the strength or be too difficult to clean so I kept it.

I also didn’t like the thought of it going in the bin for such a teeny flaw.

I guess it’s up to you. Does it look like it could be in a stress area? Is it really a nightmare to clean? If yes to any or all, return it. If not, enjoy.

ETA: Rub a bit of lipstick in it. If it’s really, really hard to clean out (lipstick is harder than vag gunk to clean out of a crack - I tried it!), return it.

3 Likes

That’s an excellent idea!

Lovehoney have already refunded mine - they reviewed the photos I sent them, and confirmed it’s definitely a flaw, as it should be smooth! I wasn’t really expecting glass to photograph easily, but you can see how rough it is much more easily on the photograph than with my dodgy eyesight!

As there’s supposed to be a crease - even though it’s intended to be smooth - I’ll definitely go with something different as a replacement!

1 Like

@KinkyInky, I have the Blue Swirl and love it. Looks and feels divine.

I also have both the black and clear Beaded Glass dildos - and can also recommend.

I’ve been considering the Icicles No. 5 so thanks for the description.

If you like the colour blue and the spiral pattern, you might like the Blue Swirl. The Beaded ones have a different feel but as you have been disappointed you surely deserve to treat yourself to both? :star_struck: :+1:t2:

@MsR Thanks for the recommendations! I am definitely considering treating myself to both! I love the look of the Blue Swirl, and the Beaded ones are certainly different enough so I wouldn’t feel like I’ve doubled up!

And so long as you’re happy with the “crevice” on the Icicles No.5 - and get one that’s easy to clean - it’s excellent!

I’m still wondering if the Mr Swirly has a crevice, although it’s a little on the large side for me!

1 Like

@Peitho mentioned earlier that she has a Mr Swirly. Maybe she can check for you?

1 Like