Festivals

So sitting watching glastonbury and this is totally off topic for the forum. However does anyone else watch a festival on TV and end up blowing wages on gig and festival tickets. I'm now swaying on a T ticket and ordered ed sheeran tickets and organising with friends for a few other gigs!! I swear I have an addiction to live music!!

However paolo nutini is a must even if I have to go myself!! I mean who could say no to that hottie!! Xx

I used to do that all the time. I am not ashed to admit that I thought Dolly Parton was rather amazing at Glastonbury though!

I just bought Blink 182 tickets on friday, I haven't been to a gig for ages x

Neither am I she was fantastic!! OMG I would love to see blink 182 they were one of the first bands I seen with friends when I was younger. So am very jealous of that. I have everything crossed to get Paolo tickets and make a night of it but he is 3 days before Ed haa work is going to hate me xx

haha I am SO tired I meant to say ashamed! Silly me. I love Blink 182 live, I saw them for the first time when I was 14 (25 now). Ohhh fingers crossed you get your tickets! x

Yeah my friend offered to order mine along with his but he's pretty forgetful so told him ill order my own as I will go myself if I have to haa. So many good bands touring just now!! My bank balance hates it and work.will tomorrow when I go and request holidays haa xx

The last time I went to TITP, I was awoken by two girls peeing right beside my tent. :(

Has to said though, the same weekend we were sitting in the campsite when the very obvious squeaking of an inflatable mattress started. Squeak...squeak...squeak...
Very soon people started shouting encouragement."Goan the bigman!" etc Squeak squeak squeak. "Gie her wan fae me!" Squeaksqueaksqueak...

When he finished, he got cheers and applause from hundreds of people. :)

We've been to a few concerts, but never a festival. We would love to go to glasto, probs one camp site you canhave sex in a tent, and no one would hear. Dolly was great and for an older lady she still has a fit body and a sexy ass.

Haa yeah its not the most classy of.places, but the banter is top notch. T weekend is usually the highlight of the year, cant camp.this year if I get a ticket and thats the best part!! But all my friends are bailing these last few years its gutting!! Decided I am def going next year to new venue!! Xx

You have have sex in any camp site without being heard but people dont usually care and the cheers etc are part of the festival banter. Its great atmosphere at festival, everyone is there for a good time. I have made some amazing friends from my T years xx

I've been to a few gigs and stuff; Glasto '97 & '98. (Years of the mud).
I've been to concerts at the O2, Hyde park, Wembley, the Emirates, NEC, MEN arena, ally pally and loads of other venues, seen pretty much everyone except oasis from the 90s scene (that's ok as i was a blur man!)

These days watching festivals on the tv is more about discovering new music for me, although it does incite the desire to go to a gig.
I remember seeing the killers perform at Glasto about 6 years ago and thought they were awesome, finally got to see them at the nec about 18 months ago.

Times change though and going to a gig now is a lot different to 20 years ago, but then I suppose that was a lot different to twenty years prior to that.

Not always so different depends who ypu go to see but yeah your right. Music styles change and bands approaches to playing live. Nickleback and Bon Jovi are def my two top bands of all.time.to see live actually velvet revolver are up there too xx