First order delivery help...

Hi guys

Made my first order at dinner yesterday and paid about £5 for next day delivery before 1pm, as I knew I had the house to myself this mornig (didn't want anyone else seeing it!!) and it's not arrived yet and I'm getting nervous.

I know its not 1pm yet, but I thought it would be here by now. Are they normally quite reliable??

Also I need to go out later (about 1pm) so what happens if they come when I'm not in??

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

yes, normally very reliable. I've never had any problems. Hope it turns up soon!

Still not here :( wish I hadn't ordered now.

I've never had any problems.

I think it depends on your postperson, mine arrives about 11.30am but the driver arrives usually before 8am but if your normal walk postman cannot deliver it then it may arrive via a van which may not be as early as mine is.

Well my postman (that normally comes) hasn't been yet (normally comes around 12ish), but I presumed it would come in a van as I thought it would be a bit big for him to carry in his bag.

I'm not gonna be very impressed if it doesn't come before 1 when I paid about a fiver extra for it to!

Chill. You still have 34 minutes to go.

I assume it was a Special Delivery, so maybe check this out:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content3;jsessionid=WRFBXKROI3Y10FB2IGEUPLQUHRAYWQ2K?mediaId=22700549&catId=400026

26 minutes :( I've just tracked it through royalmail site and it says:

"Your item has reached the delivery office and is out for delivery.

We can confirm that your item left the delivery office this morning and should arrive shortly if it hasn’t been delivered already".

Hmmmm...

Hi rainbowdust,

You still have half an hour until we can investigate any problems for you.

If you contact customercare@lovehoney.co.uk with your details then we can track your parcel and make sure that it is on delivery for today.

:o)

rainbowdust wrote:

Hi guys

Made my first order at dinner yesterday and paid about £5 for next day delivery before 1pm, as I knew I had the house to myself this mornig (didn't want anyone else seeing it!!) and it's not arrived yet and I'm getting nervous.

I know its not 1pm yet, but I thought it would be here by now. Are they normally quite reliable??

Also I need to go out later (about 1pm) so what happens if they come when I'm not in??

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

keep waiting, be annoyed with the postal service if they are late! External Media

I can't for much longer, need to go out at 1ish which is why I paid for next day before 1pm :(

fingers crossed they will turn up at the last minute!

Have you checked for a "sorry you were out" card? Some of those delivery guys are like ninjas, you'll be watching for them to arrive and the minute you turn your back they've somehow been and left a note...

Is your order particularly big? Normally Royal Mail are pretty good, but I know for larger items, another courier is used, eg Interlink.

It just arrived!!! Thank &@*% hahaha!! Feel so relieved!

Thanks for your posts everyone :)

With five minutes to spare

Enjoy your parcel!

Yeah, my normal post comes at around half 11 like clockwork, but if it's a special delivery it can be anytime. Usually a bit later.

Yeah, special delivery tends to show up just in the nick of time. Can't even begin to count the times I've waited in for the parcel to arrive with 5 minutes to spare!

personally i wouldnt bother paying for next day dilvery from LH as there parcles 99.9% of the time turn up the next morning using just the normal free delivery! and even if there in a big box that postie cant bring there at my house before 8 am!

Dxx

lol yeah i reckon they do it on purpose! They probably prioritise items based on what type of delivery it is and work to the extreme limits! Can't complain i guess, if it's there at 12:59:59 it's still on time and they're still making money!

Muz333 wrote:

special delivery tends to show up just in the nick of time.

What do you expect? Have you never watched Postman Pat? He's always cocking up something, then just about managing to deliver the parcel just before the recipient goes totally ape with a shotgun.

diamonds wrote:

personally i wouldnt bother paying for next day dilvery from LH as there parcles 99.9% of the time turn up the next morning using just the normal free delivery! and even if there in a big box that postie cant bring there at my house before 8 am!

Dxx

Good when you get it free though isn't it?External Media