First-time nerves?

Okay. Despite being 22, I have never used or owned any sort of toy, as in the past, the idea of going solo hasn't appealed. Now single, and having gotten used to regular sex, I feel the need to try and satisfy myself, but can't.

So, I purchased a vibrator. And I'm nervous as anything.

I have flatmates, and the idea of traipsing up to the bathroom to clean a sex toy, or them overhearing the thing (which, in my nervousness, is about as lous as a lawnmower yet sounds exactly like a vibrator) is getting me worked up.

And I thought this was supposed to be relaxing.

So. What are your stories, and how did you banish those first-time nerves?

There's nowt to be ashamed of. There's only one person you need to think of and that's you. Everyone masturbates! !
Viva la sexual happiness.

I'm not a female so that particular avenue of pleasure is closed to me, unfortunately, but you can get cleaning wipes/spray that eliminate the need for leaving your room to clean whatever you buy and I'm sure there are toys available which are pretty quiet (or even silent if batteries aren't involved).

Besides, if movies have taught me anything it's that even if they do overhear, your hot female flatmates will just want to come in and help.

God I wish I were a woman.

Don't worry.I live with my parents and have been using sex toys for a very long time.I used my first rabbit for 3 or so years and it was pretty loud,but no one ever heard anything and I never had an awkward run in with anyone in the bathroom.Just relax and enjoy yourself.

I suppose you can always wrap your sex toy in a towel/ in some tissues (and a towel/T-shirt/whatever) when bringing it up to the bathroom, should you not fancy being seen with it.

As for the noise, unless you get a toy that is really, really loud you can always put some music on while you are using it if the idea of being overheard makes you nervous.

There is nothing to worry about. If you live with people who are not giggly pubescents, the likelihood of them wishing to violate your privacy on purpose is very slim. They have their sex life, you can have yours.

BTW I really mean it when I say there is nothing to feel ashamed of - and since I am a rather nervous person myself, one who has never been in a relationship and never even got to kiss a man (quite a something at 27, isn't it)... well... let's just say that you are surely far more daring than myself and therefore you will definitely banish those nerves quickly. ;-)

I live with flatemates and even with my louder vibes I dont see a problem of them knowing even if they do hear we are all adults and all have needs, so dont worry about anyoneelse but you, please try and not get wound up over it all just have fun and if you are still worried just play some tunes to cover the noise. Just have fun =D xx

as to cleaning if you want you could get the Lelo spray cleaner that all you need to do is wipe it off with a clean cloth =D

You got the toy for some fun, so there's no need for nerves, so just relax, have a play, and enjoy yourself. For all you know, your flatmates may have their own sex toys. And there's loads of toy cleaning things on lovehoney.

I wouldn't be worried about them finding out. Chances are, they own sex toys too and keep quiet about it. Just enjoy it and as others have said, you can disguise it on the way to the bathroom by wrapping it in a towel/clothing, or use a spray and do it in your room. Enjoy!

When I had flat mates I used to layer up the duvet over me, and towels, anything to hand really to muffle the sound. If I could hardly hear it I decided they couldn't. I'd put a bit of music on too. Hope that helps. Happy playing.

kitty x

An oscillating fan has been a great way to keep cool in this heat and disguise any noise.

A lot of the time i'll take my toys in to the bathroom with me hide what ever i want to play with in a towel or clothes while i'm running a bath i'll take the opportunity to use my louder toys the sound of a bath filling will mask any noise from your vibrator

Oh yes capricorn the oscillating fan is a bonus in more ways than one, ours even managed to disguise the buzz of the bullet I was using while my hubby was asleep next to me!

I worry about open windows I this weather lol what if my neighbours hear me I worry lol since my neighbours are my inlaws!!

pinkanimal wrote:

I worry about open windows I this weather lol what if my neighbours hear me I worry lol since my neighbours are my inlaws!!

Get a cheap fan, PA. It really is a great way to cover noise in this weather when everyone has the windows open.