Flagging posts?

I’m a frayed knot. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Glad to know I’m not alone! :smile:

2 Likes

I wrote this yesterday in the Sandbox, but here may be a better fit. :+1:

You can expand the quote by clicking on the arrow in the header, or tap on the link to go straight there. :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve flagged a few when I feel people have been unnecessarily pervy… I have been mistaken and apologised.

My gripe is that I have run out of ‘likes’ for the first time ever - is that still a thing? Need to be more stingy, apparently…

3 Likes

You get 50 Likes as default, but when you go up a Level you get a boost (TL2 x1.5, TL3 x2) so you should have 75/day at the moment?

You can have a little look at the user list (today) to keep a track, though I’m not sure it’s super strict with its timeframe (or update frequency).

1 Like

The user list definitely favours reads above everything else doesn’t it. I have just been digging through old posts today, not contributing at all, and that action has put me top of the chart.

Bloody hell - I didn’t know that level of surveillance was happening! What happens to this data, all the ‘likes’ etc - deep state could take it anywhere! ( :scream: )

World’s gone mad, I tells ya!
/ sarcasm

1 Like

Not on my list? :slightly_smiling_face: Mine is ordered by Likes received.

I can’t see how to reorder it? Are you sure yours is in a different order? Did you put ‘Vanilla…’ in the Search box, by any chance? :slightly_smiling_face:

If your profile is public I can also see exactly what you’ve Liked too. :eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mine appears to be ordered by likes too.

1 Like

And if you’re reading extra to bump yourself up to Regular you may want to make sure they’re topics/posts created in the last 100 days (or since the new place, in this instance). :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

There’s a chance it’ll think all topics/posts were created in the last 100 days at the moment as technically everything was copied across around the 29th July, but I can’t guarantee that. :+1:

1 Like

Ooh :eyes:
Where did you find that list?
Might do a bit of spying myself…

Actuality - no likey. Feels a bit invasive.

Begs the question, why make one’s profile public?

Personally I don’t mind if people have a browse. :man_shrugging: It’s no more intrusive than going through my posts. And it’s a really good way for people to see my ‘recommended posts’. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can access your own Like list whether your profile is public or not, so you can check out the sort of info you’re revealing.

And if you do decide you’d prefer to go Hidden while you consider it just tick the box next to Hide my public profile and presence features on your Preferences/Interface page. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you.
I can’t ‘like’ your post - so I’m saying thank you instead.

Didn’t realise I had been so busy here today!

2 Likes

Just looked again and it has reordered :sweat_smile: must be going a bit mad

1 Like

If you add anything to ‘search by user’ it’ll pop you at the top of the list. Not sure if that’s what happened, but it’s caught me out a couple of times. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not sure if this is the correct place, but I’ve noticed that if something is flagged and then edited by moderator, it still appears if its quoted elsewhere or further down the comments? Does that make sense?

So, some comments that moderators have deemed inappropriate and edited doesn’t translate to when someone quotes from the original comment.

I’m not very with it today and not sure if that makes any sense, but just wanted to flag as a potential issue!

Do you mean I quote a naughty post, Brenna edits naughty post, but my quote is still very much the naughty thing the original said?

If so, I believe all you can do is flag the quote post when you see one, and then Brenna can snip that out too. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Yes exactly that! Glad it made some sense. I see, that’s fine - just wondered whether it was a technical error really. May be easier for the mods if it can be changed :blush:

I’ll tag @Lovehoney_Brenna to check she’s aware!