Forum Quick Start Guide

Shiny new forum = lots of confusing new stuff.

Hopefully this Quick Start guide will get you up and posting in no time. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

First Day

If this is your very first day on the new forum you may find that you hit some limits on how much you can post within that time. Unfortunately it’s a spam filter (so normally quite useful), but this should disappear after 24 hours. :+1:

To the basics…

On the version on my phone (Android) there’s a little white/purple box on the lower right of each topic that says something like, ‘10/42’ (post x/out of x posts total). If you click on that it brings up a swish little navigation box with a scroll bar, jump to, and ‘watching’ options. You can zoom up and down any topic ever so quick with that. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: I believe the PC version is just as easy to navigate, but I’m afraid I’m not as familiar with that yet.

First Topics

As always, the first thread/topic to read should be the new Welcome to the Lovehoney Forum. Please Read before getting started! which covers the basics, and there’s also Welcome to the new forum - Lets chat! if you have any questions for @Lovehoney_Brenna.

New Features

To get to grips with the new features there’s a couple of little automated tutorials that you can do. You can find more info on them in Certified and Licensed Badges (Discobot Tutorials)

The Sandbox

If you want a no-pressure practice of any of the new features you can have a play (and ask for help) in The Sandbox. And there are some useful forum tips in the new Helpful tips for Lovehoney forum use - 2.0. :+1:

“Can I post photos?”

Yes. :+1: But not right away. :slightly_frowning_face: You can find out more about that in Lovehoney Members’ Photos - Upload and view :purple_heart:

And that’s pretty much it. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: The Search function is excellent, and you get 24 hours to edit any of your posts if you want to clean them up (or even delete any altogether). There’s obviously a lot of other stuff, but that can be picked up as you go. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you just want a gentle browse to start you off then I recommend Emoji Charades. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this is useful. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Quick query!
What does a red dot next to my avatar mean> Nest to the blue ‘notifications’ dot…

TIA!

Normally a system/private message. So System, Discobot, or Brenna (as PMs are disabled on here)

Does that sound like it could be it?

The Solution: It was a Bookmark Reminder :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve come back and hijacked this post as it’s closer to the OP. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: And here seemed like a good place to pop some further reading.

I can’t see anything like that in notifications… it has gone now.
I’ll look through recent posts to make sure I haven’t been naughty!

No, I can just see them under ‘Activity’.

Yes. I’ll try to catch it if it pops up again!
Oh - I have a bookmarked thread which is running out of time - could have been warning me about that?

:+1:
Congratulations on being a Regular!

Mystery solved - thank you!
I don’t know if you can see it but your 'Regular status appears next to your name on the Forums.

This one is quite informative too. :+1: