Full Shopping Cart

So, long story short, we have had quite a dry spell and we are both feeling very frustrated. I have had a full shopping cart but I’m wondering what the point is if we are not even using our toys and lingerie that we have? I hate to put it like that but it’s always hard to tell when a dry spell will end. We both have been sick off and on and just really, really busy. Anyone else have a full shopping cart and just keep putting off the purchase?
Sorry if this can be merged into another thread :laughing:

1 Like

It’s natural to want to try out new toys. I have cupboards FULL of them. Doesn’t mean if I see something new, that I’m going to ignore it! Tastes change and I need to make sure I’m not missing anything! But this could be a good opportunity (when you are both well and have a little bit of time) to actually go through what you have; and maybe it’s time to ‘Marie Kondo’ a few things to make room for something new! If it doesn’t spark joy - get rid!

1 Like

Hate to say it, but save your money. It’s great to have a couple new items for when the streak is over (I keep a couple toys and a few lingerie sets in reserve so I have them when the timing is right).

Buying a new car when you don’t drive doesn’t seem to make much sense.

Spend the first few dollars on a dinner or something to warm it back up (like a weekend away to reconnect emotionally) and then reintroduce the items you have IMHO.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been through that with myself but more so down to wanting so much to try out but needing to be very selective on the space I have to store things so I don’t want to end up with similar toys.

It does sound like though your in need of a fresh spice up to get back into the pleasures of things and excitement :grimacing:

1 Like

I would go with @DavidB1986 suggestion of Marie Kondoing your current toys and lingerie. It might even help to stir things up to go through them and reminisce about how things went when you used X.
Position with your partner that you want to go through your stuff later or tomorrow incase right at that moment doesn’t suit, giving notice always helps and thinking about it through the day will be fun too.

2 Likes

“Marie Kondo-ing” May be a good idea @DavidB1986. Maybe getting rid of some and making room for a future purchase would help a little. Especially the reminiscing part @JoCat said.
@valbowski77 and @AJSTAR you guys gave some good pointers too. Maybe we can try to sneak away this weekend if anything just for an adult beverage. Thanks everyone! We can save these Pennies this time around and maybe buy something that makes more sense later on. I don’t think it was making us feel any better either knowing that we had the toys in the cart but most likely wouldn’t use them soon.

1 Like

Yes do try and just enjoy the moments of each other’s company and treat it like a fun date :slightly_smiling_face: