Girl Power

My Mrs who is more qualified in Psychology than my myself has been noting how couple bejave in relationships in the past 6 month period. You might be thinking why just last 6 months ? This is because we have only just been starting to go out together again since we have had very little in the way of baby sitter support and our son is now at an age were he can be left on his own as he prefers to be. So in a nutshell we have our freedom back after 15 years.

Anyway what she has noted whilst going out and observing people is a shift of power. Gone or going are the days of the man as being the " Hunter Gatherer" and the woman staying behind as to look after the cave and children etc. Nowadays we have the modern equivalent of the Amazonian warriior. These were a mythincal female race who did all the jobs the guy traditionaly does and the male was relegated to an almost slave like existance just needed for breeding purposes. This might appear a little extreme but we have found like in society in general that more and more women are taking up the challenge of being more powerful . This is also true in relationships.

Women are becoming more forward and taking the mantle and often asking the guy out for a date . This has happened in our household with our son as well. This I think happens on Online dating as well.

They will try everything to get what they want. I have had my bum pinched twice whilst going out in busy bars and pubs. If I had done that I would get in trouble for sex harrasment.

More women are going to the bar to get drinks in and they are not bothered if they have to squeeze in to get to the bar.This happens to me quite often !

Women in relationships tend to be a lot more confident and will dictate terms to their male or potential male partners as they hold all the cards.

Women no longer need men anyomore for sexual pleasure . With the boom in toys aimed at women , they have many more self pleasure options.I am quite sure Lovehoney has far more female customers that the guys.

If you observe many couples like we have in many cases you can see the chemistry and the woman taking the lead . The guys in quite a few cases looks like just a "yes" person .

From what I gather on here many of you ladies take the lead in the bedroom and buy all the implements appropriate for that particular session.

In my own relationship My Mrs appears to be taking the lead more ( yes at last!) and is quite happy to get on top of me on the sofa usually on a Saturday night.

I would be intersted in hearing your views and I hope our obeservations arn't looked at as being sexist as this was not the intention. . Like I said these are just our observations ,your own may be totally different .

I completley agree! 5 years ago I wouldnt of dreamt of being the slightly more domanant person in our relationship. Now its me that takes the lead in the bedroom more, as well as other things such as pay for nights out. My partner is the person who usually takes care of the home and i am the "breadwinner" and work whilst he looks after our little boy.

I really enjoy it as one of the things that put me off having a family was having to be the person who stays at home. I have always wanted to be my own person. I find that older realatives still find it very strange whereas lots of younger people find its perfectly fine and actually support it especially considering my carrer path is a lot more reliable compared to my partners.

X

I am glad you agree and I think it reflects society in general now and how its changed particularly during the noughties decade. . In my previous employment I saw many women who were leaders and managers . I have worked under 3 ladies in this position of whom I always had a very good relationship ( business) with them .

I have also been house husband myself for around 6 months whilst I was awaiting a place on my previous employers rehabilitiation scheme for those who have been off work with illness for a long time .I quite enjoyed it and never felt devalued in any way and met more house husbands at the playgroup sessions when I used to take our son I also never felt out of place amongst the mothers that were already there even though sopme were a bit cliche.

On the whole though in relationships women are getting more confident as they know what they want and will get it . At end of the day they hold all the cards and therfore can call the shots.

We have switched around with our careers I used to be out working while my wife looked after the children. A few years ago I was made redundant and my wife decided she wanted to restart her career so we switched roles. I enjoy looking after the children and since they have started school, I have been able to take on a role working in childcare.

Sexually we tend to switch roles as well, fortunately, we seem to be in sync with each other and one of us takes the lead and is more dominant when the other is submissive.

I am younger than my OH by 17 years and this may be a factor, we have been together for 11 years and our relationship dynamic has changer. My OH earns a lot more than me but this said, over the last 5 years I have started to take the lead more and more.

im now firmly in charge in the bedroom. I buy all our sex toys, in fact I am the one who introduced sex toys into our relationship. I choose the holidays and pay for them.

however I don't want to take away everything from my OH, so when we go out for drinks or a meal I will usually give my OH the money while we are at home, so that he can be seen to pay for my in public. I will order and collect the drinks but in a subservient way, doing as I am told. This way we are both happy.

Im just venturing towards a little light bondage, but this will have to be done delicately as I'm not sure how my OH will respond if I try to tie him up, I will start by asking him to blindfils and tie me up see how this goes.

we have a good balance in our relationship and the position of power passes from one to another frequently and usually without and problems.

In my relationships I'm the one incharge. Currently am dating two people, ones the dad of my baby, and to help he basically is the house husband so I can go running, swimming, and start to focus on getting back to my job as a Domme. The other takes me out and pays for weekends away and buys me gifts (he's almost a paypig).

So I get why shes been seeing this shift as to me it's a completely normal relationship.

Fun Louise wrote:

I am younger than my OH by 17 years and this may be a factor, we have been together for 11 years and our relationship dynamic has changer. My OH earns a lot more than me but this said, over the last 5 years I have started to take the lead more and more.

im now firmly in charge in the bedroom. I buy all our sex toys, in fact I am the one who introduced sex toys into our relationship. I choose the holidays and pay for them.

however I don't want to take away everything from my OH, so when we go out for drinks or a meal I will usually give my OH the money while we are at home, so that he can be seen to pay for my in public. I will order and collect the drinks but in a subservient way, doing as I am told. This way we are both happy.

Im just venturing towards a little light bondage, but this will have to be done delicately as I'm not sure how my OH will respond if I try to tie him up, I will start by asking him to blindfils and tie me up see how this goes.

we have a good balance in our relationship and the position of power passes from one to another frequently and usually without and problems.

Thats very interesting.

Its the women I think looking at other sites , forums etc. are far more happier to experiment than the guys. I know its not true in all cases because I tend to take the lead in this department in my relationship.and of course there are guys on this forum who are also happy to experiment. Never the less on the whole its the woman who is the new driving force in the bedroom and that includes those who are submissive as well