Girls, what is your refractory period like?

I know women are well known to be able to have multiple orgasms in one session but I've never been able to do this. My clitoris basically goes to sleep after I orgasm so I can't carry on and try for another one. I have to give it a good 15-20 minute break at least before I can go again.

Is this common or is it just me?

Is there any advice you would give for acheiving multiple orgasms? Do the orgasms get more intense the more you have in one session or do they become less intense?

Thanks for reading.

I can have probably at most 4 with very little time in between (maybe two with one toy, stop long enough to get my breath back and switch toys then 2 more) before I stop getting much response down there! I could probably go again fairly soon (maybe 15 minutes?) but in all honesty I'm usually satisfied (and tired) so the soonest I have gone again after 4 is probably about 2 hours.

It varies whether they start off intense and get less or if they get more intense.

The only advice I can think of is try to vary the type of stimulation, if you have a suction type toy you could try starting with that as they don't tend to numb your clitoris.

Usually I've about 40 minutes for solo fun, no moe than 3 times a week. So I don't know if it's because I really look forward them, I'm able to have about multipl orgasms. If I play with a mains operated wand, I can't keep going more than 2 or 3 orgasms, as it makes my clit really numb and I'll need a long break - at least 20 minutes - before I go again. I don't use my wand as often as I'd like not only because of that, but also because it's quite noisy and I do need to let cool down and air dry before I put away - so curious eyes can see it.

My favourite thing is playing with my Tango and a beaded glass dildo and with that combo I can have several orgasms, kind of satisfying but I call them small ones, until I've that one that literally makes my whole body stop and I feel like I'm about to pass out. The key for me is variation of positions and use a good clit gel.

Ok so I'm probably not normal. I can have many, many orgasms one after another, they get closer together untill my last most powerful one. It can be as many as 24, that's my record. I can't count because I'm just too swept away with it, but OH counted to see how many I could have once.

Most times it's about 8.

I think the difference is I'm a penatration girl, so my orgasms are mostly gspot stimulated. Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with a clitoral orgasm, but I can probably only have 3 of these before I'm done.

In general it feels like the first orgasm is great but it seems to stimulate my desire and I want more, harder, bigger (you get the idea) so orgasm after orgasm untill I'm completely exhausted and fully satisfied.

So maybe try a gspot orgasm after a clitoral one if you feel you want more.

I think I'm a bit weird. I rarely have orgasms, and if I manage one, I'll need something completely different to have another, maybe a week or a month later. I go into higher and higher states of pleasure, and can keep going for hours and hours in utter bliss - but actually orgasm? It's like looking for the holy grail! I love sex and could spend hours every day in sweet heightened pleasure, so it's not a big thing not orgasming. It's been like that all my life.

With Clitoral orgasms I used to have one then it would've too sensitive and uncomfortable until a good few hours later. When I used a suction style vibrator I could keep going constantly with no need to stop. It gave a great orgasm and didn't make me too sensitive. I really need to save for another.

I am sometimes like you, only being able to have 1 then I’m too sensitive to try again but then other times I have been able to have I think my record was like 8 or 9. I’ve found if it’s been a while then I’m more likely to have multiple orgasms but it’ll be like the first one isn’t that big and they’ll just keep coming and get stronger and bigger each time. Also if I’m like super horny I’m able to have multiple but if it’s just a regular day then I can only orgasm once. It all depends really but a lot really does rely on what mood I’m in ☺️

My ex was able to orgasm endlessly. She would just let me go on to the point of exhaustion for me and her.

I think I’m weird in that with a partner, I can have many, but on my own using either hand, a toy, or rubbing against something, I need a reset time, usually around 20-30mins but sometimes longer 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm lucky in so much as I can keep having orgasms for as long as I want......either with my oh or on my own. They dont particularly get stronger or weaker.....they just keep coming xx

RosyCheek wrote:

With Clitoral orgasms I used to have one then it would've too sensitive and uncomfortable until a good few hours later. When I used a suction style vibrator I could keep going constantly with no need to stop. It gave a great orgasm and didn't make me too sensitive. I really need to save for another.

Ah, yes. I have a Womanizer waiting on my wishlist but it's still too pricey for me. I'm waiting for it to either go on sale or until Xmas. Which one do you have if you don't mind me asking?

My lady and I have just been discussing this thread, because she seems to have an insatiable appetite for orgasms. Clitoral, G spot, anal, nipples or at any point between, her orgasms just keep coming (cumming!) She has just shocked me when she said she had an orgasm when she sucked me to orgasm and she swallowed it all. I found it incredible when she said just watching me masturbate to orgasm brought her off.

Am I the luckiest man in the world to be in a loving, sexual relationship with this gorgeous sex bomb? She says she is lucky because I use fingers, cock and multiple toys to keep her coming even more.

so... not sure how helpful this is but if your clit is hypersensative after an orgasm my suggestion is to work on a different type of orgasm to go again. For example, a gspot or blended where the pressure is more internal and light on the clit?

Maybe anal orgasms if you're into anal if your clit won't cooperate more than once ? I adore anal orgasms and usually find them incredibly strong xx

UPDATE

Thanks for everyone's replies and suggestions. They were very interesting to read.

So I actually mananged to have more than one orgasm in a session for the first time ever (sort of). I came once in my usual way with my rabbit and then I turned the ears off because my clitoris was too numb/sensitive. I kept gently thrusting until some feeling came back to take on those ears again. It took a while and a lot of effort but I mananged to climax again eventually. My hands were killing me from holding the toy and I was tired but I did it. However, it did take about 10-15 minutes to achieve it which is about what my usual refractory time is. Hmm...

Also, the second orgasm was about the same level of intensity as the first. It just took a lot more time and effort to get that second one that I feel I could have just stopped and waited for a different session and got the same thing without the all the hard work, haha.

Maybe multiple orgasms aren't for me or maybe I just need more practice? I don't know... I always feel very satisfied after I climax and I don't thirst for more so to speak.