Glass/metal alternatives to PVC/rubber toys

Hi...

I ordered some BIG anal toys yesterday... then remembered I've had issues with PVC/rubber toys before, some weird irritation similar to my latex allergy :(

Quite why I had a rush of blood and went against my "no PVC/rubber" is a mystery to me, but there we go. I must've gotten all excited, pillock.

So I wondered if anyone else has decided to forgo PVC/rubber toys, but then found that toys in other materials don't seem to have quite the same... girth and... oomph for a jolly good stretch around back. Unless you have oodles of cash for really high end silicon stuff (in particular a small US firm who aren't sold here at LH).

I had a look around the forums, but couldn't quite find the answers. Also got bogged down with reviews on current products. Some look nice, but I didn't come away thinking I'd found the answers either.

So... if anyone has any buying tips for larger glass, metal or silicon anal toys, I'd really appreciate it.

I'll carry on looking around in the meantime, but wondered if this was just me...

I know what you mean. Its really difficult to find large glass/metal/silicone anal toys that dont break the bank. I have this and I love it...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29233

I'd really like some big crystal plugs (they're so pretty) but finding them big enough in glass/ metal or silicone is proving quite difficult. Fortunately I dont have any issues with using pvc but glass is my favourite x

Glass/Metal is a different beast, especially when you get to larger sizes - as they are not very forgiving. Larger toys made of softer materials, like silicone - have that little bit of 'squish', so you can go up to a larger size, and find it's fairly comfortable. A 6" girth dildo made of metal is going to feel a lot bigger than a 6" girth dildo made of silicone - so that's something to consider when looking for larger sizes.

How do you define big?

And why don't you use silicone instead? There's the LH butt plug (7.5") at £ 15 (or two for £15) and the Colt XL (9.5") at £30. There's also giant anal beads and a vibrator.

Most really BIG anal toys are made of cheaper materials, it would be good to see Doc Johnson using silicone on their large toys such as the Dick Rambone and American Bombshell stuff.

Thanks for the replies!

I'd not noticed that Glass Slider dildo. Looks really good!

I'd also skipped over the Colt XL and some of the other silicon stuff... and I don't quite know why I did. I have a Tantus P-Spot and have had no reactions or issues with that. Thanks for pointing that out.

And yes, very good point that harder materials will be a different beast. Less give and so on. Something to think about for sure.

So if the mega big/crazy sized Doc Johnson stuff are a no-no for me... then a "decent" sized glass, metal or silicon alternative, with little/no give or flex at all... Hmm, er, yes, just how big does one need to go in that case. I mean... Ouch!

Thanks again.

Food for thought. You're all fab. Cheers x

@Talia: just seen the huge mega beads. Blimey! And silicon... sweet.

Basically, it looks like I'm rubbish at hunting for stuff on here. Deary, deary me... smack on head.

They're flipping huge! :) x