good books on the psychology of female sexuality

In my quest to always be looking to improve as a lover & keep things fresh with the OH, I was hoping LH members might be able to point me in the direction of some good literature on this subject, the more insightful the better. Dont mind an intellectual challenge either.

Would love to know what a woman feels like when being penetrated, kind of get the feeling what Im looking for will be written by a woman. Any pointers very gratefully received.

Penetration will feel different for every woman; it’s the reason some love it and some of us can’t abide it. There will be no clear cut answer, but reading around female sexuality can help you frame your ideas.

There might be something useful in Barbara Carrellas’s Ecstasy is Necessary. Naomi Wolf’s Vagina: A New Biography would also be an interesting read if you want to understand more about how women connect to their vaginas and vulvas.

Daniel Bergner’s new book was just published. It’s called What Do Women Want? The byline is Adventures in the Science of Female Desire. I haven’t read it yet, but it sounds like it might help you out.

Good luck in your quest, and enjoy the exploration.

Thanks for this advice, very much appreciated, I'll have a read & report back.