Hair Removal for Intimate Areas

Morning All,

A few weeks back I completely shaved my shaft and balls and trimmed my pubes almost akin to sort of male equivalent of a bikini wax. My OH was a fan of this and so I am trying to maintain it for her, but it can be a bit of a nuisance trying to find the time to delicately shave the shaft and balls (especially the time needed for the balls).

Has anyone found a way to do this a less time consuming way? I was thinking of using some form of
specific hair removal cream for intimate areas, but was not sure how effective it was, or if there was a market leader which does a better job than all of the others.

TIA

1 Like

I donā€™t have the same equipment that you speak of, but I do advise against waxing strips and hair removal creams. Hair removal creams burn and made me bleed, and waxing strips are only for the most masochistic among us.

Personally, I stick to dry shaving now. Itā€™s a labour of love, I fully appreciate that, but itā€™s the best Iā€™ve found so far.

4 Likes

Thank you @Tenshadesandme, I donā€™t mind making I just wondered if there was an easier way - Iā€™m not the best at getting in to all of the nooks and crannies so miss bits and nick my sack (though I am doing this less, which is a good sign!).

I also become a bit lax with it because I know Iā€™m not great at getting it all, but maybe if I kept on top of it, say once a week for example, then it wouldnā€™t be so bad. A lot of the time I get around to trimming/shaving I am already quite overgrown and so that makes things worseā€¦

Anyway, thanks for the insight - maybe I just need a decent razor, and to trim/shave more often. On a schedule rather than when I remember.

1 Like

As someone who managed to make herself bleed three times in two weeks by wet shaving - including once quite substantially - believe me, nooks and crannies are something I know all about. Itā€™s why I reverted to dry shaving. Itā€™s a pain, sure, but itā€™s safer.

Keeping on top of things is definitely the way to go (says she who hasnā€™t been ā€œkeeping on top of thingsā€!). I find once a week is usually sufficient, but obviously the faster your hair grows, the more you will need to shave.

Schedules are a godsend too. If it helps, if you have a smartphone, I use the Home Tasker app for managing, well, pretty much everything, really!

Also, if you go for an electric razor, keep it fully charged. Mine tends to ā€œbiteā€ and pull when itā€™s running out of power.

1 Like

I made the mistake of trying to trim the bush with hair clippers (no guard) to try and get rid of the worst of it before then dry shaving with a proper razor onceā€¦ needless to say it did not go down too wellā€¦ nicks all over my balls and my shaft. What was meant to be a sexy gesture for my OH half let to us not doing it for over a week :sob:

I work from home so I used my lunch break today to have a go before it got too wild. Dry shaved the sack and balls, and decided to try something new and actually put a line between my stomach hair and my pubes whilst cleaning up in the shower after. This line is quite big but hidden by my underwear on the day to day.

I had a look at myself naked in her full length after I was done and I was actually pleasantly surprised how I looked, its noticeably tidy in the nether-regions. I look forward to seeing what she thinks of it (Iā€™ll feed back next week if I remember).

We go to the Gym once a week so I might make it my ā€˜ritualā€™ to trim between the gym and my post gym shower. Then if thats not enough, I can choose one of my other showers in the week. Once I have a schedule I am pretty good at sticking to it, its just getting one to begin with!

2 Likes

I donā€™t ā€œmanscapeā€ for hubby but I cut the hair on his head for him and shave his beard at the moment (broken right-hand trigger finger, got in a fight with the sofa and the sofa won!). The thought of shaving anything without a guard, nevermind the crown jewelsā€¦ I shudder to think!

Sunday is normally my ā€œladyscapingā€ day. I shower twice a week poolside but do the ā€œadded bitsā€ at home on a Sunday. Unfortunately, playing nurse distracted me last week - I just wish it was far more sexier than what it was!

1 Like

I think if I end up sticking to shaving, with the sound that removal cream has its trade offs for the convenience, I will look to invest in a good quality ā€˜manscapingā€™ specific electric and manual razor.

It is ironic that I manscape down below really, as I have a very unkempt beard and my hair is receding so I let it do its own thingā€¦ Same issue with the beard as with my manscaping really though, I shave and intend to keep on top of it, then life gets in the way.

I, much like your hubby, get into fights with inanimate objects and lose. I hope he is good with his left hand, or that you have plenty of toys until he is fighting fit again!

2 Likes

I definitely donā€™t recommend hair removal cream. The other thing with hair removal cream is that you have to sit there for about 20 minutes with your legs splayed while it works anyway, which, you know, is definitely not a very dignified position to be in! You also have to ā€œshaveā€ it off (with the scraper afterwards, to remove the hairs. Even then, if you missed a hair or threeā€¦ well, now you have stragglers as well! A good razor and a good routine, I think, is the ultimate solution.

Also, HRC will give you that completely bald feeling. I donā€™t know about you, but I like having a little stubble. It actually makes me feel like an adult.

Life definitely does have the tendency to get in the way sometimes, but hey, the altnative to life is no life, and I know what Iā€™d rather :slight_smile:

Thankyou for your wishes. He and I are both ā€œbrokenā€ on the right hand now. For my part, I wasnā€™t going to lose a game of badminton, so instead I went for a low swing and accidentally caught the racquet on the ground in the process. I tore two tendons and damaged the ulnar nerve in my right hand, all tor the sakes of a point! Hubby isnā€™t as keen on toys as what I am but heā€™s now learning that he may need to adapt and overcome!

1 Like

I have tried waxing (ingrown hairs), creams (skin burns) home IPL (ineffective) and epilators (painful and ingrown hair) and now i simply shave every 3 or 4 days. Its really quick once you work out a routine .

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found shaving weekly now the best and fastest way to keep the twig and berrys smooth for the Mrs. It seems slow at first but after doing it routinely for a while it gets easier. Your skin on your sack will become used to it. Now when I shower I use a little shave cream and only adds a couple minutes as long as you donā€™t let it get too long.

@Tenshadesandme I think I am likely to steer away from it now, seems to be just one side effect replaced with another, and the body will recover from a nick a lot easier than a chemical burn. I personally like the clean shaven smooth bald feelingā€¦ but I think that is just because it symbolises it being freshly done!

What a pair you two are! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery

@rockstar - thanks for the rundown, I was hoping someone would tell me the cons of each different way of manscaping, so now I know categorically that the effort of shaving is worth the trade off (time/effort) for the sake of a couple of minutes.

@Dearcouple48 - This was what I was hoping. As I get used to manhandling my bits about to get to all the areas I want to shave it should hopefully become like second natureā€¦ and as you say, hopefully the skin will get used to it.

I get eczema in my groin area so although I want to keep it well kept for my OH, it could serve as a way to more easily apply cream to the eczema (instead of a load of it getting trapped in the hairs)

2 Likes

A wise choice @KHKMS8893 ! And yes, weā€™re a right pair, but weā€™re guaranteed to leave you laughing. Thankyou, I bought him a new splint today with a promise that I will ā€œchop it off if you keep taking it offā€. Sometimes a little tough love is necessary!

My wife is a big fan as wellā€¦been doing this for decadesā€¦you get way faster at it over time. I just stay on top of it and it never takes more than 3 minutes when in the shower.

The wife did the laser thing and loves itā€¦no more issues with razer burn, ingrown hairs, chaffing and irritation from activities. I am a huge fan of her doing this!

2 Likes

@KHKMS8893
I shave my areas but my husband uses hair removal cream and this works very well on cock / balls but be careful with anal area

If using cream follow instructions- too long and you will get burns - get it right and your cock and balls will look stunning

1 Like

I shave my balls and base of my shaft regularly I also shave my ass as the wife likes playing down there :slight_smile: only advise I can give is only do it when you know she is going to be pleasuring you. Mine grows back within a day so if my wife tells me what she has planned for the night I will shave in the shower then. I would need to shave every day otherwise and itā€™s just not very practical.

2 Likes

I shave in the shower every 2 - 3 days, lather up with soap, once you get a bit of practice in itā€™s really quite easy.

1 Like

Why dry shaving? Wet with a bit of lather and all goes well. Shave my face, shave my balls, shave my pits. All done with no irritation.

For myself I prefer sugar waxing , except my wife has to feel up to the task . Little discomfort and no ingrown hairs like shaving . We bought a home laser , but a bit too late . Much of my hair all over is lite grey , silver or white . I use Magic Shave Powder , regular strength . It is not quick and takes a bit to mix it up . Then 8 minutes before you can start to remove . It is inexpensive and works great once you figure out how to mix and remove . The following photo shows the results . https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/lingerie-photo-uploads/257652/500

I think the secret is to keep on top of it, ive shaved for years but can get lazy so let the bush grow back then its the thhought of having to start all over again, definitely keep maintaining evey couple of days. Im not sure about mens razors, but ladies have ā€˜intimateā€™ area ones, 5blades, safe to use and get you super smooth. I got the Wilkinson sword intuition as recommended on here and its the closest shave ive ever had.
Ordered of amazon.

1 Like

I nearly always get razor bumps with wet shaving, not so with dry shaving. My skin is weird anyway, Iā€™m always getting bumps and rashes. I think I probably have shares in Boots by now lol.