Has Anyone's OH Been Overwhelmed By The Look Or Thought Of A Sex Toy?!

When I first began shopping on Lovehoney, I'd only ever tried a couple of low quality mail order toys before (from a different retailer - can't mention on here!). I wasn't impressed...

...then I discovered the wonderful world of Lovehoney! Yeay!

Being a female, even I was overwhelmed by a few bits and bobs and never knew there was such a wide range of items out there for sexual pleasure, let alone the different genres of sexual play i.e. bondage gear!

I'd also never seen or researched a 'fleshlight' before, so my eyes have truly been opened to many things and it's wonderful to be enlightened on what is out there for 'getting yourself and your partner off!!'

I know my hubby was certainly shocked by a few things; like the size of a magic wand (and the fact they have male attachments!), male masturbators (particularly fleshlights and basic strokers), certain types of very, very sexy and bondage style lingerie and anal beads.

Trust me, he is a great lover, but had never used anything more than a cock ring before.

He's not so overwhelmed now, especially when I explain what certain things do and are for. He also sees that I enjoy and am not phased by sex toys, so this has helped broaden his mind.

I was just wondering what your experiences were regarding sex toy introduction with your OH's?

I think this is going to be a very interesting and great thread...

..."take it away y'all"...

**MOVED TO SEX TOYS**

Sincere apologies Leanne. x

I mean I never knew you could buy a realistic looking dildo that could shoot 'cum' out everywhere. That's a new one for me! .... Kinda want to try it though

Nothing bondage related seemed to bother the husband, he is used to paddles, riding crops etc. He was a bit dubious about the clamps and the pinwheel, but now loves using them on me.

He really dislikes my suction cup dildo that I use for solo-anal. Not that he tries to put me off using it or anything, but he calls it 'Lucille', and I'm sure anyone who watches The Walking Dead will appreciate the connotations.

Hubby is not into sex toys at all, but he knows I can't live without them and even gave me two as birthday presents. The only think I know for a fact he finds quite "initimidating" is my Desire beaded metal dildo. It's nothing to do with the size as it's actually a bit smaller than the glass version, but it's got to do with the weight and how cold it is. Also he's a little overwhelmed by the power of my main LH wand, but this he at least enjoys when I take control and make him shut up and enjoy the ride.

Gosig wrote:

Nothing bondage related seemed to bother the husband, he is used to paddles, riding crops etc. He was a bit dubious about the clamps and the pinwheel, but now loves using them on me.

He really dislikes my suction cup dildo that I use for solo-anal. Not that he tries to put me off using it or anything, but he calls it 'Lucille', and I'm sure anyone who watches The Walking Dead will appreciate the connotations.

LOL Gosig. Looove TWD. I've got a suction cup dildo, not sure I can look at it in the same way now hahaha

OH was slightly overwhelmed when we received a 9 inch suction cup dildo as a tester but she quickly got over that!

MrandMrs_L wrote:

I mean I never knew you could buy a realistic looking dildo that could shoot 'cum' out everywhere. That's a new one for me! .... Kinda want to try it though

Ah you should try, they're great fun.

I do worry that if I get a partner they will not be as enthusiastic about toys being part of play as I am, although I have to say with a partner I would be more interested in bondage, floggers, paddles etc and less interested in them using a dildo on me.

My wife wasn't keen on strapons to start with. Now she is.

Nothing seems to phase my partner, but I am quite often surprised my materials and electronic engineering. In a how did they make that? kinda way.

My large Doc Johnson butt plug still overwhelms me. I can't stretch wide enough!

The thing I love most about sex toys is that there are gadgets and whatnot for pretty much anyone! When I first got into sex toys I thought 'oh I'll just buy a dildo and maybe some handcuffs' but very quickly my curiosity began to grow, and I wanted to experiment with many new toys, and Lovehoney never fail to deliver new excitements and even bigger orgasms! ;)

My OH nearly had a heart attack when I blindfolded her, put on a penis extender (the particular one increased girth by 1.5 - 2 inches) and wrapped her hand around it. It's the fastest ive seen her move. She blushes now when I mention it as shes doesnt like to admit how much she likes the added width. Which, in all honestly, tickles my Sadistic Tendencies :)

Yes I was quite overwhelmed when I first received my Deluxe Teddy Babe doll.

At the beginning yes sizes styles shapes thinking what have I got myself in for hahahah.... now I know my body can cope with more

Lu SB wrote:

Hubby is not into sex toys at all, but he knows I can't live without them and even gave me two as birthday presents. The only think I know for a fact he finds quite "initimidating" is my Desire beaded metal dildo. It's nothing to do with the size as it's actually a bit smaller than the glass version, but it's got to do with the weight and how cold it is. Also he's a little overwhelmed by the power of my main LH wand, but this he at least enjoys when I take control and make him shut up and enjoy the ride.

I totally can relate to this Lu SB. My hubby doesn't understand fully why I love (and I guess am a bit obsessed with!) sex toys. He is always saying "Haven't you got enough now?"or even says "You don't need anymore toys at the moment!"

I get quite annoyed by this and as long as I just get a new addition every now and again (whether it be lingerie, toys, whatever), I don't really see what the issue is?

I have to put myself in his shoes though, he obviously is a bit overwhelmed. Also, when I have been poorly recently and not been doing a great deal in the bedroom, he doesn't see the point in buying more.

I've stood my ground anyway, it's my favourite site and sometimes you have to get deals when you can. I understand I can't take over the place with my purchases and I use my own allowance. I told him - "I don't shop behind your back (I ask first) and I don't steal your credit card to shop with either".

I got angry and upset with him and have communicated with him before on an adult level about why I like it - 'to search for the right toys for me, to improve my self-esteem, and buying myself a sexy gift or two cheers me up!'

He still is overwhelmed with ideas like a spreader bar, but when he's on top, he doesn't have to separate or bear the weight of my legs himself (my legs on each of his shoulders, while he engages in vibrator use on me).

I would like to use a spreader standing and bent over. He doesn't think 'all of' these things (or my ideas) are sexy, but 'I DO!'

I certainly don't want to portray him in a negative light, he truly is a lovely man. I'm just struggling with his reactions at times.

Does anyone else have this issue with their OH? How do you cope? Please help and advise!

Thanks. x

We had been bother overwhelmed and underwhelmed with purchases, from size to how realistic things can be. Usually it’s down to the sheer size which gets my partner, like a 8inch King cock didn’t sound that large at all but the shaft can be a little on the large side. I was defiantly overwhelmed with the realistic mould of the fleshlights, they truly do look real and the quality has been amazing. We recently purchased the fifty shades freed black glass wand and that was beautiful, we were both excited and overwhelmed by the sheer quality and colour

My partner is a very vanilla person (not problem to me) and i know he's not into the idea of bondage, but then neither am i.

I haven't actually told him that i have sex toys, as he is very shy and freaked at the very mention of the word dildo when a mutual friend brought it up in conversation. I don't intend to ever tell him, its a LDR, but when he visits i will be careful to hide them away somewhere he's not going to go looking, especially as he is on the smaller side size wise and is very self conscious of it. He already obsesses about his fears of being too small to give pleasure and needs lots of frequent reassurance, it would destroy his confidence completely knowing length wise every toy i own is bigger than he is.

He is very much a fan of lingerie, stockings and shoes though, as am i, since we started dating i've gone crazy buying a ton of lingerie from here, and he may be getting a few sexy snaps for christmas (not something i have ever done before or even considered)