Having sex post-break up

Morning all!

It’s been about 6 weeks now since I broke up with my ex and I’ve reached the point where I want to have sex with someone new.

I’ve only ever slept with one person before so I’m quite nervous. Has anyone else been in a similar boat?

2 Likes

I’ve been in a similar situation where I’ve only ever had 2 serious relationships but after the first break up I was nervous to have sex with someone new to so I guess it’s normal to feel that way :woman_shrugging:t3: but honestly in reality there’s nothing to be nervous about you’ll be fine :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

No but my advice is just dont jump into bed with thr first man that comes along one suggestion to relive your sexuall frustration us toys or fingers

4 Likes

I would say from some personal experience, enjoy the dating scene, the excitement of getting to know someone new. Don’t rush into the bedroom action unless your 100 percent sure. You will def have some good and bad experiences as you meet new people, but your in control :nerd_face: if you want fun then go for , enjoy , play safe… or if after a couple of meets the person is not for you then the best feeling is just walking away and back to your home comforts, get a good toy out and wait for the next fish :tropical_fish: :hugs:.

So just enjoy , don’t put any pressure on yourself and if it feels right then have some fun.

2 Likes

we have ALL been there before, as we all had our first ex, at some point…others much longer ago than some. :wink: there is a certain amount of nervous energy when thinking of or getting with someone new. we are all different but, as others have said, nothing to be nervous about…focus on the excitement part. and yes, please, do not rush into anything. You are worthy of great things in life, stick to your standards and go for what you are after…do not settle for anything less! Toys and self-love are just as important, gotta keep everything in working order until that time you do find someone new who meets all your requirements.

2 Likes

No advice, just take your time and ensure that it feels right for you. There is no rush.

3 Likes

As everybody has said , do not rush . When you feel comfortable . Many years ago when my ex wife took our daughter half way across the US I was mentally crippled . I had zero interest in dating or sex for almost a year . My friends were worried much more than me about me not having sex . I would get home from work about midnight and multiple times when I came into my apartment there was a lady dressed in lingerie or several times naked . As I declined their offers , multiple times I ended up consoling them and explaining why . Next time I found out my girlfriend was cheating on me I took it much better . Shop around and decide what you are looking for or would like to sample .

2 Likes

No sorry , just do what you feel is right don’t force it if you don’t think it’s the right time to try before you buy but good luck with whatever you decide @jess42 :+1:

1 Like

Totally with you there - it can be a bit scary when you start with a new partner- but you have to do it….

Good luck

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your advice, it’s good to be able to get very sensible answers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

All I can think of is to go at your own pace and do what feels right for you. It’s never too easy moving on after a breakup for some people but once you get back out there then it starts to feel natural again

1 Like

Pretty much agree with all the above but dating now does seem a lot harder for some, including myself. I’ve only had 1 relationship and yet to find my second and it’s been 9 years :joy:

I’m sure you’ll do just fine though but don’t rush anything, just enjoy yourself, maybe start a new hobby or enjoy some freedom and do whatever you feel like doing

1 Like

If I were in your situation I would do things very selfishly until I found the “one”.

I think I would go a bit slutty and throw myself into a few different scenarios to experiment. I think if I was an attractive and free/easy female I would want to be a third in a relationship for sure, try my hand at another woman and experiment before settling down.

You do whatever you want but I would go about things differently than just finding another partner to settle down with. Just my 2 cents as you read here often that people wish they had been a little more adventurous ahead of getting married, having kids, etc. Enjoy the fun while you can @jess42

2 Likes

I think it depends if you are looking for a relationship or for having some sexual fun. If a relationship then enjoy dating, and get your sexual desires with a good toy till the relationship is ready to move to sex. If for fun then feel free to have a few flings until you are ready to get into a relationship again.

1 Like

I have to say, I would offer the opposite advice.

Embrace your slutty side.

Fuck and suck as many cocks as you can, have plenty of casual, no strings sex, keep a few guys on the go as ‘friends with benefits’ or whatever it is called these days, fuck on every first date, and generally just find out what really makes you tick.

The older you get the opportunities for enjoying casual sex with different people diminish. I had a year after my divorce which I really enjoyed. I was probably a bit too old for it by the time I did it but I loved it and constantly think back to various adventures. Most all very cringeworthy but I wouldn’t change a single thing.

6 Likes

@anna.michelsburg i think I am finding myself going that way. I have now had sex with 2 new guys and I am loving it. Both have been very good and have satisfied me in ways my ex didn’t.

6 Likes

I don’t think of it as your slutty side, but more the sexual side of Jess. Enjoy those sexual encounters till you find what you are looking for.

1 Like