Having things sent to your local post office? No Availability

For some reason if i was to select to have a order sent to a local post office i get No Availability, in my area i have two post office's both say the same, the third post office is 3 miles away and that is the same, this is on the free next day delivery, if i choose the 48 hour one then my two local ones still say the same but the one that is 3 miles away then becomes avavailable.

Is this a glitch? Sometimes i do have things sent to my local post office.

Not a glitch that I am aware of, but worth checking with customer care.

Here is what I know about this function though:

It won't work when using Paypal as Paypal sets the delivery address, card payment is needed to allow it to work.

It only works on a tracked service and not special delivery.

Some post offices remove the service and are no longer available for various reasons.

Hope this helps and as I always say customer care is best to contact over the forum. They are available 24/7 :)

Hi/Morning Leanne

Interesting about paypal not that i ever use paypal so thats not the problem, I thought it worked through tracked and special delivery so thats something learned, I know the service hasn't been removed, the small post office is inside a spar shop, then we have the main post office.

Like you have said i will contact customer care, its strange because next day delivery it will say No availability but 48 hour then the post office that i cant get to becomes available.

Thanks![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

teacake, I don't know how it works in the UK, but if you cannot sort it out with CC then you could ask at the post office that works best for you if they offer a Poste Restante service. In that case, ask them what address the package should be shipped to. It usually looks like this: Your Name - Poste Restante Post Office (city) - (address of post office) This way you can type that address at checkout.

Smultron wrote:

teacake, I don't know how it works in the UK, but if you cannot sort it out with CC then you could ask at the post office that works best for you if they offer a Poste Restante service. In that case, ask them what address the package should be shipped to. It usually looks like this: Your Name - Poste Restante Post Office (city) - (address of post office) This way you can type that address at checkout.

Hey Smultron,

It is slightly different here as it has to booked in too. So the local collect has to be selected otherwise there is a high risk the parcel will be refused by the post office, unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Leanne - then yeah, it's not a good idea.

Here in Sweden there's a list of the post offices that offer the post restant service (most don't) and you can just enter the address as I wrote above. Besides that, there is a ''collect from post office' option when purchasing things online (from within Sweden) and that's available for all post offices as far as I know.

But hey, that's the new thing I learnt today haha! =)

Thanks Smultron good idea if it was the same here.

So i got a message back from customer service and its something i would of never expected because i have never had this problem before, Maybe its all the Lovehoney customers in my area lol

copied from email:

This won't be a glitch with Royal Mail, but rather that all Local Collect post offices are subject to availability only. Each post office has a particular capacity for all orders, so once this is exceeded they are unable to accept any more. Naturally, this will also change from day to day due to different volumes of parcels coming in.

For your reference, the ***** first post office is next available for an estimated delivery date of September 13 and the ***** second post office is not available at all within the next two weeks.

The stars i have done thats the postcode of my two local post offices.

Oh, and I guess you can't place your order now anyway and have it delivered on the 13th since there's a 1-2 day delivery guarantee, right?

No it doesn't work that way as its blanked out so i cant select those post offices.Strange how its busy when xmas time has always been fine.

Not to worry i'm having it delivered to my home address, most things i have sent to my home address but on this occasion it would of been easier to have it at my post office.

Okay, well at least you still have that option. =)

We live out in the sticks here in Spain so we do not get a postal delivery. So we have a PO BOX in the village., and they put a note into our box when we go and collect our mail if there is anything to collect, which is to big to go into the small PO BOX.

Seems to work OK.