Help choosing a birthday present

I know that a lot of members have posted asking for present advice that isn't sex related. Well on the first of next month I have 4birthdays, one a friends, another my OH's, and then two of my sisters. I've got all of them sorted apart from one of my sisters.

She's really tricky to buy for, this year I've purchased books for everyone else but don't know what to get her. I would really like to get a book, and I know maybe a self-help style book might be best for her or a novel she could relate to. She's a little stuck right now and really wants advice on how to go about her future etc and I'm no good at helping with this kind of thing. So does anyone know of any good books that a young adult/ teenager would enjoy? I know she likes things to be a little funny as well.

If not I'm lost, I don't know what else I could get thats really no more than £10, she does want a pair of colourful exciting pumps but they are often more.... does primark do gift vouchers? Would be easier if she had some hobbies but she doesn't :/ my other sister cooks so I got her a cookbook.

The OH's present is two rare japanese books, I just hope they arrive in time.... also one might be in german but I'm sure he'll still read it if it is. Backup/ additional presents are a gaint teddy(he like's teddies a lot, which some may think is strange), and I'm looking into a sex toy, I have a few ideas already here though.

Primark do gift vouchers, I noticed them the other day when I was in there with my daughter

how old is your sister?

boobaloo wrote:

Primark do gift vouchers, I noticed them the other day when I was in there with my daughter

how old is your sister?

18 will be 19.

That's good to know, might have to ask a friend to pick one up if nothing else works.

thats a tricky age to buy for, have you thought about getting her a book voucher?

Is she into music? You could get her a ticket to a gig or something?

Clown Feet wrote:

Is she into music? You could get her a ticket to a gig or something?

strangley I don't think she's into music or movies, which makes it harder. also a gig ticket even to a local one would probably be too much money. The conbinationg of 4birthdays on the same day and that they fall on the 1at of the month makes buying a little harder due to bills and how much money i'd have.

Shove a tenner in a card :P

Clown Feet wrote:

Well normally giving her money means she doesn't really treat herself because she has no idea what to buy. So a voucher helps with that because it narrows down things a little dfor her. Maybe I will buy her a voucher, but it's a bit of a shame as I like buying presents rather than giving vouchers or cash.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Clown Feet wrote:

Well normally giving her money means she doesn't really treat herself because she has no idea what to buy. So a voucher helps with that because it narrows down things a little dfor her. Maybe I will buy her a voucher, but it's a bit of a shame as I like buying presents rather than giving vouchers or cash.

could you put the voucher inside a box of chocolates or something?

Yeah, i know what you mean. It's nicer to give something more personal than an old bank note. If i get stuck for ideas, i check out sites online like www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk. Even if you don't find anything there, it sometimes throws up some nice ideas.

How about a make-up or smellys (bubble bath, perfume etc.) gift set?

Chocolates and a cheap bottle of plonk is always another option

Has she read Northern Lights by Philip Pullman? Fantasy novel/alternate world type thing, but it's very much a coming of age story. It won't give her advice, just an example of a teenage girl (fast becoming a woman) in a difficult situation trying to figure things out. Sometimes the remove of a different character helps too.

Found a paperback compilation of the whole trilogy in your price range from the online behemoth who shalt not be named.