21st birthday present ideas

One of my best friends is turning 21 in less than a month, and I'm trying to think of something to get her. I'm not particularly looking to get her something sexual - if I did it'd have to be more comical than anything, otherwise I think we'd both find it weird!

I'm looking at spending about £20 at most as we're both poor students and she wouldn't expect anything anyway. Also I'd have to post it to her rather than give it to her, so size is an issue (story of my life - whey!).

Any thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated

Paddy89 wrote:

One of my best friends is turning 21 in less than a month, and I'm trying to think of something to get her. I'm not particularly looking to get her something sexual - if I did it'd have to be more comical than anything, otherwise I think we'd both find it weird!

I'm looking at spending about £20 at most as we're both poor students and she wouldn't expect anything anyway. Also I'd have to post it to her rather than give it to her, so size is an issue (story of my life - whey!).

Any thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated External Media

Just bought a friend (close friend) as she is in a relationship with my best mate:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15824 (in black)

Dunno, i know you said you were not looking for something sexual but its something she could get away with having in her room at Uni.

Tell us something about her G... what's she like, what does she like?

Lol, the crop isn't a half bad idea!

Umm, she's quite girly I suppose. She is quite a sexual person but she's not in a relationship, nor does she go for one nighters (trust me, i'd be first to know!). She's quite active and often goes skiing and stuff. Not sure what else to say! I was thinking jewellery or something, but with my budget that seems tacky (based on nothing but my preconceptions). Am very open to anything y'all might suggest tho.

What does she like? Does she like make up, perfume?

I bought my mate a posh nail varnish set and a little silver key charm (you know those little clip on things for charm bracelets).

Jewellry wise you can pick up beautiful silver for a bargain these days. This is a fiver over your budget but it's diamond http://www.warrenjames.co.uk/Shop/Show_Product.cfm?id=2089

Adx

Single girl - I'd order her the grab bag... don't open it just wrap it and leave her to it

Paddy when I'm stuck for a present for a female friend or family member I usually go down the pamper route. Book them into a nice salon and pay for a treatment for them. Something like a manicure, massage or reflexoligy, something like that. It has always gone down well especially if it's something that they wouldn't normally get for themselfs. If your friend is a girly girl something like this might go down well.

Have you head of Groupon? http://www.groupon.co.uk Up to 90% off loads of stuff! Just pick your city and see what deals they have on. Some amazing bargins on pamper treatments on there. x

i got a filofax from my uncle for my 18th, you can get nice ones for about £20 and they will last forever.

http://www.filofax.co.uk/store/organiserdetails.asp?sizeId=3&rangeId=54&dsizeId=3

Paddy89 wrote:

Lol, the crop isn't a half bad idea!

Umm, she's quite girly I suppose. She is quite a sexual person but she's not in a relationship, nor does she go for one nighters (trust me, i'd be first to know!). She's quite active and often goes skiing and stuff. Not sure what else to say! I was thinking jewellery or something, but with my budget that seems tacky (based on nothing but my preconceptions). Am very open to anything y'all might suggest tho.

Glad you liked the idea ;) It depends how close you are and if you think she will get the joke.

Thanks for the response, ladies and gents! Ad, the necklace is very pretty and i will think hard about that one. Will also check out groupon and see what i can find, if there's anything in my price range.

Now i think about it i do remember a conversation with her where she said she wasnt too keen on sex toys, so i'll dodge the grab bag! And a lingerie one would be havoc, what with having to find out her sizes and stuff!

Thanks again, and let me know of any other ideas. I still have a few weeks :)