Help with orgasm through masturbation

Im female and really struggling to reach orgasm through masturbation.

Ive tried various toys and although i seem to get somewhere i get to sensitive and pull away before anything can happen.

Any tips to help would be amazing as im finding it very frustrating.

3 Likes

What toys are you using? If you aren’t already, try using the toy at the sides of your clitoris rather than directly on it, lovehoneys mini wand (looks like a Hitachi but tiny and black) is really good. Or the ones that sort of suck are great too but they give a very fast orgasm so not great if you’re trying to spend a bit of time with yourself.

2 Likes

How are you with just fingers or hand?

I’ve found that I can get myself off super quickly using what I was born with. Toys are great but line you I can get over stimulated and then it’s not so much fun.

Maybe start off using your hand on your clit, and add in a toy towards the end?

I’ve made some general assumptions around biology here as you don’t specify, it just says female.

It would help to know which toys you’ve tried too.

2 Likes

I find that myClitoral stimulation toy can sometimes be to much like you say
Have you tried starting with a toy then finishing off with your finger or hand
I also would like to know what toys you are using

1 Like

I would try it with your fingers, when I do it it is definitely less intense but still nicely satisfying and then the more you do it the more you can add toys in.
Would be helpful to know the toys you are using as not all vibrations are the same. I don’t like buzzy vibrations as it feels too much, rumbly vibrations are great for me. My first time coming across a rumbly vibration was with a toy that was dying and feck it was amazing.
You may just be using a toy thats not suited to you just yet, but start with fingers before spending any more money.

2 Likes

When you’re using your fingers, I would suggest moving in a slow circular motion on one side of your clit and if it gets a bit much swap to the other side. If you’re new to masturbating, it is likely something you have to push yourself through. When I first started, I had to push myself through what I felt like I couldn’t take in order to reach orgasm. After that, the over-sensitivity went away in time and I could just enjoy the pleasure and orgasm freely.

When you’re using toys, you might need to try a different style of toy (were the ones you tried all the same style?) or a different speed/pattern. Sometimes it can just be a bit overstimulating! But again, it might just be something you have to push yourself through lol.

Good luck :relaxed:

I find i get the same issue when just using fingers.

These are the toys I have/use

Lovehoney Dream Wand Rechargeable Mini Massage Wand Vibrator

Lovehoney X ROMP Switch Clitoral Suction Stimulator

Lovehoney Secret Sensations Remote Control Love Egg

BASICS Love Bullet Vibrator

Sometimes i find my clit gets oversensitive when approaching orgasm. My usual coping mechanism is to move the vibe away from the clit and massage other areas like the surrounding clit hood (without touching the clit itself) and labia.

It took me a while to work out what kind of vibrations i can tolerate. Some people are sensitive to more buzzy (or rumbly) vibes. Theres also less strong options that some people prefer, like the tracy cox squishy vibes (This one is the bullet but there are other options).
Some people need strong vibes, some prefer less intense ones. Working out what works for you can just take a little experimentation.

People have already talked about managing oversensitisation, which is cool.

One other thing could be that orgasms are a mental process as well as purely physical, and one must let go and surrender to sensation to an extent. If that’s a factor maybe try setting the scene a bit… Loud music can help if people might overhear, erotica and fantasy can help you let go and enjoy too.

For me and others I know, being massively turned on before you even start touching is what makes orgasms super easy. So finding what turns you on without a touch is the fun part there.

1 Like

With the clitoral suction, I turn the vibrations down lower when I get close to climaxing, and sometimes I have to take it away altogether just at the end, but I wait on that until I’m really really about to cum, because if I take it away too soon, the feeling will pass and I’ll just have to start over.

I would say stop pressuring yourself to reach orgasm, learn to enjoy the feelings building up to it, and learn about your anatomy and what feels good for you. Masturbation isn’t a one size fits all event.

Reading the good advice being offered a different type of toy might work, one with a suction element, or perhaps a different location such as using the shower head on yourself in the bathroom.

As with most things in life it takes a little persevering, but it is worth the journey. Good luck.