Help, worried about scuff marks on new glass toy

So I had been eyeing the Tracey Cox glass dildo set for a while and when it finally popped up in deal of the day I of course HAD to get it. I'm really happy having received them but there's one problem: I'm afraid to use the clear one.

Because the glass dildo's weren't wrapped in their velvet bags before they were put in the box they have gotten some scuff marks. With the pink one it's not so bad but the clear one has a very visible scuff mark. When I rub my finger over the scuff mark it feels smooth but if I trace over it with my nail I can definitely feel it's scuffed.

My OH thinks I shouldn't worry and that I should just use it because it feels smooth when rubbing my finger over it and when rubbing it against the inside of my wrist (where my skin is really thin). However, I still can't bring myself to do it as I'm afraid it'll cause microscopic tears when I thrust it.

What do you think I should do? Do you think it's safe to use or would it be better if I sent them back? I really don't want to be a pain in anyone's ass but inserting things is already a bit of hassle for me normally and the thought of damaging my insides doesn't exactly help while trying to relax my muscles :(

Speak to live chat they will be able to advise you. I think you have made up your mind though, if you can't or don't want to use it then return them :)

Hi Hands All Over

Sorry to hear you're not totally satisfied with your recent purchase!

If the scratch feels smooth the dildo is perfectly safe to use. Having said that, if I buy something new, I want it to look and feel brand new too. 

Please fill out the online returns form and one of our customer care team will be in touch to tell you what you need to do next, and how we'll get a replacement sent out to you. 

Thanks - and sorry again! 

@JuicyJ89: Yeah, I guess should go with my gut feeling then :)

@Jess: Thank you for your fast response Jess, I am very happy to hear it's safe to use but I can't help but agree that a brand new product should indeed be, well, brand new. I'll fill out the returns form and send the set back for a replacement.

@Jennifer: Will do, had another question but I'll go one live chat for that then :)

Thanks all!