Strange white marks/mini scratches on glass toy surface - Is this common?

The glass toys I bought from lovehoney have weird white marks on the coating surface. It doesn’t feel sharp when I touch it with my fingers but it doesn’t feel smooth when I felt it with my nail. These marks look like scratches when I see them. I haven’t fully examined the toys but the moment I saw the marks on them it did put me off a bit. I might return them for either a replacement or a refund.

This isn’t my first glass toy purchase as I’ve previously bought a few glass toys from a different website but I got a refund for all of them due to the weird marks and scratches on them which is why I thought I’d try lovehoney hoping it would be better.

I wanted to see if anyone else has seen those whitish marks on the glass toys or if it’s just me? Out of all the glass toys that I have bought I have never seen anything that looked clean cut and perfect (with no marks) just like pictures advertised on the website.

2 Likes

Could you let us know what products you can see them on?

I just had a nosy at a few of my glass toys and mine are definitely smooth and I don’t see any sort of white marks or scratches on them.

Have you tried wiping them over just to make sure it’s not any sort of residue?

It could be a bad batch, but I would definitely contact customer care and ask for a product exchange

2 Likes

It was on the Lovehoney Beaded Heart Sensual Glass Dildo 6 Inch and the Lovehoney Realistic Textured Sensual Glass Dildo with Balls

I did try to wipe it hoping it was nothing serious but the mark didn’t disappear. After further examination the textured dildo did have a sharp chip at the base. It feels like I’m the only one who is seeing these marks but hopefully when I get it replaced it’s in good shape or I might need to get a refund.

1 Like

I don’t own either of the ones you’ve bought but the ones I do own from here don’t have any white scratch marks on them that I can see.

I would take photos and contact customer care.

4 Likes

I second @Peitho. Take pictures and contact CC. I have plenty of glass toys and have never noticed marks or chips and I defo wouldnt use them if I did.

3 Likes

I also don’t have either of the ones you suggested, but if you have a found a chip, you definitely need to speak to customer care. That’s not normal and it sounds like it’s been damaged either during packaging or in transit.

4 Likes

@Cali_Nyx @ChloJakes @Peitho Thanks all for your suggestions. I’ve contacted customer service and they have arranged a replacement for me. I was concerned that the marks might make the glass toy more prone to breaking or possibly trap bacteria if the surface isn’t 100% smooth. Hopefully I will own a perfect glass toy at some point :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

@anon37546479 enjoy your borosilicate fun! At least you can recycle the damaged ones :grinning:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a faulty batch or the way the toys are made… either way I think you’ve done the right thing in getting a replacement

1 Like

I have a lot of glass toys and have never noticed that so it sounds like you’ve just been really unlucky!

I hope the replacements are fine :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Unfortunately the replacements I received aren’t good either :sob: :sob: :sob: I’m gonna ask for another replacement. :tired_face:

Can you post some picturea?

1 Like

@Cali_Nyx it’s not letting me upload the pictures at the moment but basically the marks I found look a bit like scuff marks

Did you get this sorted?

@Cali_Nyx Got a refund in the end