Hitachi attachments

I was lucky enough to get a Hitachi in my female grab bag, I had wanted one of these ever since I read Masters and Johnson’s studies and watching sex and the city.

I'm now after the attachments, sadly lovehoney doesn't stock them, and so I was wondering whether it was ok to ask if anyone knew of a reliable stockist.

Heres a stockist: http://www.hitachi--magic--wand.com/index.php?cPath=2

Cant say much about their reliablity, but they seem proffesional. Heres their shipping info http://www.hitachi--magic--wand.com/information.php?info_id=2

well that site looks like a good idea, it seems to have all of the attachments on there which is handy... but now I am unsure which ones I should choose.

Thank you for the help :)

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

As far as I know, Hitatchi have taken their wand off the market. Felt it was innapropriate to sell such an item and dragged their trade down for their tv's etc.

Might be difficult to find attatchments for it now..

Are you sure Hitachi stopped selling it at all? I thought they just asked certain outlets to remove it from sale.

I thought they just didn't want it sold as a sex toy. Thought they were happy for it to be sold as a massager, just not a "massager" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) so have prevented adult stores from selling it...

well the actual 'massager' it is being sold on lots of sex toy sites still. the attachments seem to be made by other companies... though I'm not completely sure but I think adam and even use to produce some.

but I prsonally dont have any clue why it has been stopped on a lot of sites.

Think it was just that they stopped supplying stock to sex toy retailers, so many of them could just have had a decent stash left that they can still sell, and it'll only go off their sites once they deplete their current stock.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

As far as I know, Hitatchi have taken their wand off the market. Felt it was innapropriate to sell such an item and dragged their trade down for their tv's etc.

actually it was taken off of the uk market because theres been some problems converting the voltage.

sweetlove666 wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

actually it was taken off of the uk market because theres been some problems converting the voltage.

yup SL is correct,

i have found this info on another website regarding the hitachi, i have also said about this before on the forums in the hitachi thread in the website help bit a while ago.

as you'll be aware, the Hitachi Wand is not for sale in the UK, this is due to the fact that the power cannot be converted safely enough, even with the converters, as the power doesn't translate exactly. Therefore there ends with too much power out and it could result in burns or melting in the socket and consequential risk of fires etc. This is why the suppliers of the Hitachi Wand do not allow them to be sold in the UK.

Some companies have been selling them unbeknownst to the Hitachi Wand company, which is not only against policy but also putting customers at serious risk and in physical danger.

If you see anything being marketed elsewhere as a Hitachi Wand, I would be very careful about buying there... chances are it is not the Hitachi Wand at all but another product being missold, or else they are contravening rules and all safety issues and putting you at risk!

Just wanted to keep you all updated! Play safe and sexy...

Dxx

There are quite a lot of attachments on the Market. There was a g-spot sleeve that looked good. You can even get a stool. I'd love a hitatchi x

hmm so should I actually even be using my hitachi in the first place? it did come with a UK power converter but I guess the information you have provided above has taken this into account?

I'm a little stuck on what to do now. :/

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

hmm so should I actually even be using my hitachi in the first place? it did come with a UK power converter but I guess the information you have provided above has taken this into account?

I'm a little stuck on what to do now. :/

I dont know, this is this the second time i have read that the hitchi shouldnt be sold or used in the UK even with power converters.

however LH have always said to people that they would never sell a product that wasnt safe to use. and if anything did happen it would come back to them, so it wouldnt make good bussiness sence to sell something that would do that.

i just thought i should share what i have read and what others have read becouse its something to be aware of and for people to make there own minds up about really.

for me personally with this info about, it would make me not want to use one just inacse you know.

Dxx

but I doubt I'll be using it untill I have heard back.

Yeah I feel the same... I'm not sure what to do as I got in a grab bag. I was going to buy something like this at first: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16996 but as I got the hitchi as a surprise in the grab bag I was very happy at first... and now I am just worried. I might just email lovehoney for more information about it and see what they say, as like you suggest I doubt they wouldn't of sent me something that was classed as unsafe..

I was looking for one of these the other day, searched through LH and the old threads, and other sites. US retailers say that they are not suitable for use outside the northern US, even with a power converter.

There was, however, a previous thread, or FAQ or something on LH, with LHHQ saying that they have sold thousands of the wands in the past and never had a problem, and they would not have sold them in the past if they were aware of any issues.

I have trouble believing that there can be issues with voltage conversion with this product over the many others that are sold and used outside of the US. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if Hitachi weren't such moaning minnies and would just sell them again in the UK.

Bonny had made a post about it when they originally discontinued it: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/lovehoney-news/web-site-help/201206-hatachi-gone/

Sorry guys but Hitachi is no more at LoveHoney. The peps behind Hitachi Uk have never felt very happy about the fact that their massager (and brand name) have been linked to a Sex Toy. They have been trying to close down our supply along with other UK stores that have stocked the product for several years now and they have finally succeeded.

We will not be getting any more Hitachi stock in. If you like this product you will need to source it from outside of the UK and purchase a UK to UK power converter... we still sell those!

Looks like it might have been a handy way for them to finally get them out of those dirty sex stores. Would be incredibly convenient if they'd been campaigning to have the supply shut down for years and then suddenly discovered a super-dangerous but conveniently vague electrical issue - that thousands of people had never discovered with plenty of use! - that made it impossible to sell them where they couldn't regulate it.

/tin-foil hat

Oh yeah, and she did mention in that thread about anyone who felt too worried could contact them for a refund or exchange, so if you do decide it's a risk you're not up for, they will sort you out.

telemachus wrote:

I was looking for one of these the other day, searched through LH and the old threads, and other sites. US retailers say that they are not suitable for use outside the northern US, even with a power converter.

There was, however, a previous thread, or FAQ or something on LH, with LHHQ saying that they have sold thousands of the wands in the past and never had a problem, and they would not have sold them in the past if they were aware of any issues.

I have trouble believing that there can be issues with voltage conversion with this product over the many others that are sold and used outside of the US. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if Hitachi weren't such moaning minnies and would just sell them again in the UK.

Same here. It seems a bit iffy to claim this 1 of 1,000s or products is dodgy with a UK supply.

I'm much more inclined to believe it is a slur story against some companies. I guess we cannot be sure but apart from on the whole LH being a rather lovely appearing company it seems rather silly to sell dangerous things to customers.

WandA wrote:

telemachus wrote:

Same here. It seems a bit iffy to claim this 1 of 1,000s or products is dodgy with a UK supply.

I'm much more inclined to believe it is a slur story against some companies. I guess we cannot be sure but apart from on the whole LH being a rather lovely appearing company it seems rather silly to sell dangerous things to customers.

I thought this too! Haven't the wands been around since the 70s or something? And not one single incident in that whole time...

Also, aren't step-down power adapters quite common for UK use of US appliances? Also (also), worst case scenario if the power converter failed: the fuse would blow. Not exactly dangerous!

Bloody Hitachi and Facebook...PEOPLE LIKE ORGASMS....DEAL WITH IT!

xxKPxx

Well one of my sexual case studies books mentions the hitachi, and that was published 1982... And I'm certain it was about in the 70s probably when the studies actually took place. I agree it does sound a little odd. But all the books I have that are based on sexual studies and mention the hitachi are actually American. So I still don’t know about how the hitachi and the UK when it comes to research or even the basic electronics. Hmm... sure it is ok but still.

I guess it is like a lot of companies who try and cover things up. Though I find it odd that a Japanese company would try and hide something like this as they are very open about sex toys over there.

KittyPurry wrote:

I thought this too! Haven't the wands been around since the 70s or something? And not one single incident in that whole time...

Also, aren't step-down power adapters quite common for UK use of US appliances? Also (also), worst case scenario if the power converter failed: the fuse would blow. Not exactly dangerous!

Bloody Hitachi and Facebook...PEOPLE LIKE ORGASMS....DEAL WITH IT!

xxKPxx

And lets be honest, the gutter press would certainly have ran with this story if it happened!

(Hopes his face doesn't burn off next time he uses his electric razor)