Hobbies and Stress relief

sweetlove666 wrote:

i cross stitch, and have tried hardanger and regular embroidery (want to do and laern more about them, funds permitting) I tend to stitch for family and friends, mainly cards as no one i know uses or wants soft furnishings or pictures. i try to design patterns for cross stitch too, its very similar to pixel art apparently.

i also game, xbox 360, wii and ds/3ds. i play all sorts but mainly love bigger games like the zelda series and point and clicks like layton. currently playing the sims on my tablet, kid icarus on the handheld and will find a wii game when i get back. i have red dead redemption to try and la noire to play for the 360

Red Dead redemption is a good game, mostly for the solo play than the multiplayer :)

i dont tend to do online gaming so i know red dead would be good (dads 100% on it offline)

my hobbies are baking , reading and flower aranging. my favourite way to unwind is to have a nice hot bath with a glass wine and choclates

Most of my hobbies involve keeping my mind active and learning. I love history, archaeology, anthropology, trying to piece together work-in-progress understandings of different periods and cultures. Music and books as part of that and for themselves as well. I tend to listen to music closely and pay attention to the subtleties and interplay of the components, but I also use specific songs to keep my head right. Meditation for that too.

Keen sports fan, because of life-long health problems I can't participate though. Love the combination of strategy, skill and luck. Hill walking and going out along the coast when my body allows.

I get my bass in my hands and play some music... it's my best stress relief.

Best stress relief after sex is for me gardening all peaceful and quiet and a lot of drawing :)

rose hip wrote:

Most of my hobbies involve keeping my mind active and learning. I love history, archaeology, anthropology, trying to piece together work-in-progress understandings of different periods and cultures. Music and books as part of that and for themselves as well. I tend to listen to music closely and pay attention to the subtleties and interplay of the components, but I also use specific songs to keep my head right. Meditation for that too.

Keen sports fan, because of life-long health problems I can't participate though. Love the combination of strategy, skill and luck. Hill walking and going out along the coast when my body allows.

Nice bunch of hobbies there to be honest :)

Hubbs and I recently took up archery - finding that brill for stress relief! Otherwise, long ride on my motorbike, reading a good book (which allows hubbs to kill things on the PS3 - everybody happy), playing with Genghis our bearded dragon or taking along hot shower.

LilBikerGothChic wrote:

Hubbs and I recently took up archery - finding that brill for stress relief! Otherwise, long ride on my motorbike, reading a good book (which allows hubbs to kill things on the PS3 - everybody happy), playing with Genghis our bearded dragon or taking along hot shower.

i used to do archery too (slightly different to the olympic archery) ut havent been able to due to education for the kast 5 years or so. still manage to occasionally but not as good as i once was

sweetlove666 wrote:

LilBikerGothChic wrote:

i used to do archery too (slightly different to the olympic archery) ut havent been able to due to education for the kast 5 years or so. still manage to occasionally but not as good as i once was

I've done archery a few times myself :) A good sport and relaxing activity :) Though it would be better if they were actual bows rather than these engineered high powered crap the olympians use ^^

Hobbies & Stress relief!!!

I used to do target shooting with a small rifle, but I never liked the indoor ranges!!

I hope in afew years I could get back into clay shooting again!! mind you I am still am a qualified safety officer so I never got much shooting done!

I do want to start rocketry & pyrotechnics etc which be very fun! But theres only one supplier in high powered rocketry so I most like have to bulk buy the motors!

Heart2Heart wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote

I've done archery a few times myself :) A good sport and relaxing activity :) Though it would be better if they were actual bows rather than these engineered high powered crap the olympians use ^^

actually ive been a national chmpion in england and scotland several times.

it depends on what you want as to the bow, wooden bows like longbows are not as powerful abd can be unpredictable in performance

my normal stress relief is going out on my motorbike, or walking my dog, or playing on my xbox.

but at the moment i have a prolasped disc, and i cant walk very far or ride my motorbike, so the xbox is my main stress relief.

I love to read, bake & sing... but my only "proper" hobby is photography. My partner bought me a fancy camera for our first Xmas together and I absolutely love going for a wander and snapping away :) My Flickr is www.flickr.com/shellymc for anyone who wants a look!

shellyboo wrote:

I love to read, bake & sing... but my only "proper" hobby is photography. My partner bought me a fancy camera for our first Xmas together and I absolutely love going for a wander and snapping away :) My Flickr is www.flickr.com/shellymc for anyone who wants a look!

Just had a quick look, some really nice snaps in there :) Nice shooting :)

Rock climbing and oil painting .......but never at the same time

Shiny wrote:

Rock climbing and oil painting .......but never at the same time

Yes, I can imagine that that might cause some difficulties! Ha ha! :P

I love to go walking, cycling (exploring along the country roadies) and hiking - often being out in nature, especially camping in the wilderness of the Cairngorms, is the ultimate stress reliever for me. But I also love playing computer games: I started off at an early age, probably before I could even read I was mashing away at a keyboard on the old Acorn. :L Horse riding, archery and karate are others - though I, unfortunately, had to stop karate due to workload at school, I'm hoping (if I get fit enough over the summer) to join the uni karate club.

Less active hobbies of mine would be reading, which I absolutely adore, writing, art and craft-sy stuff (knitting, drawing, sketching making jewellery from FIMO, painting), and flower pressing. I would really love to try falconry, even moreso now that I've held a red-tailed buzzard, but I don't have the money, nor the means for travel, for lessons at a place near-ish to my home.

Heart2Heart wrote:

Nice bunch of hobbies there to be honest :)

Aww, thanks. x A lot of people find them boring. %-)

My OH's picking up my sewing machine on monday hes brought me a vesta from the 1920's :') it's very pretty though :D xx

goodgirl93 wrote:

My OH's picking up my sewing machine on monday hes brought me a vesta from the 1920's :') it's very pretty though :D xx

The cats are gonna love the toys you make for them :P