Hope everyone is ok during the storm

I know we have many members in Scotland / North East and I hope you are all ok during the storm we are currently getting. I know other areas are due to be effected later so hope everyone will be ok.

3 Likes

I live 15 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne. We are ok here, few trees are looking they might come down, the river is high a couple of miles away. The worse is to come today it would seem, but not as bad as elsewhere.
Hope everyone else is ok.

2 Likes

Edinburgh is surprisingly not too bad. Although it’s very very windy. East Lothian however by the sea is particularly rough my mum had said! :umbrella::umbrella:

1 Like

We’re having a week away in East Yorkshire. Currently we’re in Beverley and its windy and rainy but nothing exceptional for the North.

1 Like

Torrential rain and windy here in the Black Country, some very bad flooding in the lanes on my way home from work earlier.

I should update and say that they closed our road where people access our work to because slates are flying off the flats :woman_facepalming:t3: a BMW has been smooshed. Now re-opened but it’s definitely getting pretty damn windy!

Can’t wait to get back in my bed :sleeping::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s been pretty mild here in Norfolk just soggy

1 Like

I’m in Newcastle and working in Sunderland, loving the storm…
The light house at shields has lost its top…

1 Like

Good luck to all those affected- hope you all are well

Looks like South Shields lighthouse has lost the dome from the top at the entrance to the Tyne river that’s only a mile away, lets hope the North Tynemouth lighthouse is OK

1 Like

Monster waves at the moment

Just seen the pictures of the pier at Roker, all the barriers are down, with some on the prom goosed too.